TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Corning/Painted Post Supercharger Updates

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by Tedkidd, Jun 18, 2015.

1. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

Those holes might be to put bollards or fencing in.

So we see the (green) distribution cabinet along with the (white) Supercharger cabinets. The pedestals are all in with cables.

We just need the transformer and meter, and the final commissioning from Tesla.
    The transformer has almost always been a slab, but there was at least one (Tannersville, PA?) that had 3 200kW "trash can" transformers up on a pole.

• Like x 1
  2. xrayangiodoc

xrayangiodoc Member

The tubes are likely for impact barriers.

3. MMC-

MMC- S70D Refresh > S75D. "*MADE ON EARTH BY HUMANS*"

Wytheville, VA transformers (3) are pole mounted also.

4. croman

croman Active Member

Drove past the site but was running low on juice and due to heat of the day, couldn't linger. I was hoping it was operational but it wasn't. Made it to my destination with 9 rated miles. It will be great to have this working.

• Like x 1
  5. LimoX

LimoX Member

How will the established SC sites accommodate Tesla Trucks when they hit the road?

6. CSFTN

CSFTN Member

They won't. An entirely new network will be built, with much bigger/thicker/heavier/industrial attachments able to transmit at 300kW. All else equal, the cables will need to weigh 4x what the current Supercharger connectors do, and will need cooling.

• Informative x 1
  7. Tedkidd

Tedkidd Member

Anybody seen what these might be like?

8. LimoX

LimoX Member

The heavy artillery gets rolled out!

9. ThosEM

ThosEM Space Weatherman

Why is there no "off topic" rating?

• Like x 2
  10. croman

croman Active Member

We did not drive past this supercharger on our way out last week. We are used to taking smaller roads to get to I-86 a bit north and east of Bath area. Definitely will need this when the weather turns cold. Next trip is in September/October. Should have a couple of months of operation by then.

11. kmob07

kmob07 Member

I'll be driving thru this weekend (7/15) - am very hopeful that it will be operational. I'll take pics either way.

• Like x 1
  12. jayhawkfan

jayhawkfan Member

Just stopped by and it still isn’t open yet.

Attached Files:

• Informative x 1
  13. kmob07

kmob07 Member

You were an hour or so ahead of me :) bummer, seems like the back end of this install process can go pretty slowly. fortunately I goosed up enough in Binghamton.

14. Stasla

Stasla Member

Thanks for the pic! Now we definitely know that the Post is indeed Painted, and in Tesla red, no less! ;)

• Funny x 2
  15. realvvk

realvvk Member

Man, the wait... I am thinking of spending a few days in Watkins Glen if/when this supercharger comes online.

16. MTL_HABS1909

MTL_HABS1909 Member

I'm planning a road trip (renting a Model S) and one of the stops will be in the Washington D.C area. I see on the Tesla site that there is a store at the Bethesda-Montgomery Mall. However, it isn't clear on the site if there are any supercharger stalls there. Can anyone confirm if there is a supercharger. Thanks for your help.

17. bluetinc

bluetinc Member

No, those are gone now that Laural was put in. -- Peter

• Informative x 1
  18. croman

croman Active Member

The RV park there has NEMA 14-50 chargers that you can use. We covered that option the first time we went to Ithaca from Chicago when we had an S60D. Ended up making it with like 7-8 rated miles but that 14-50 was good to have marked (just after the bridge in downtown on the right is a RV park). They said we could charge for an hour for free when we called but if we stayed longer it was like $25/nt. They were really nice but hadn't heard of an EV ever. I wish we stopped just to spread the Tesla love.

19. dmc77

dmc77 Member

do you have a geotag or exact location of these SC sites? on the tesla map the pin in dropped in middle of the expressway.

20. Darren S

Darren S Supporting Member

You should be able to find most locations on supercharge.info. This one appears to be at the Dunkin' Donuts as Szyentyst reported and is at 125 Victory Hwy, Painted Post, NY 14870.