Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What are the thoughts from the experts here? Can we trust the vaccine?

Not an expert but will say that the question was discussed on CNBC with the Pfizer CEO directly by asking if he would take the vaccine. He said he would. His English is a little challenging with some comments but I think he also said his family as well.

There clearly are issues that will surface as to who are priority for the vaccine. Med staff, teachers, aged etc etc... Which countries... It seems to me that with limited supply, how do you amplify the benefits of the vaccine within a moral context. Is it all about protection of the vulnerable or is there also consideration involving those who would potentially be super spreader if they get the virus, urban vs rural. Many interesting senarios.

You were saying it's a conspiracy.
I did not.

Claiming New York was taking C19 seriously at either city or state level is questionable. We had far tighter restrictions in many rural areas of the US. They never shut down the subway even during the highest death month. Our "subway" is our freeways. They were virtually empty for the first time since ... they were built?

NY is not NYC. The state shut down hard and roads here were equally empty.

Looks like the White House has successfully executed another super spreading event.

Trump's Tuesday night victory speech seems to have infected Ben Carson. Probably got it from Meadows. Or one of many other people who are probably infected. Hard to know, since it's basically endemic in The People's House; a perfect microcosm of the United States.

They are so good at this. Ben Carson is technically on the White House Coronavirus Task Force.

Transition website with layout for Biden-Harris COVID-19 plan:

Combating COVID-19 | President-Elect Joe Biden

I just don't know how much good it will do.

Sure, more and easier testing, more tracing, more recommendations based on science.

But
Doctors fear more death as Dakotas experience virus 'sorrow'

"Doctors are stunned that they are still struggling to persuade people to take precautions.
“When I go out and I don’t see a significant number of people masking, that really worries me,” Dr. Jawad Nazir, a clinical professor at the University of South Dakota School of Medicine, said. “This is not going away.”
On a tour of Bismarck, North Dakota, on Oct. 26, Dr. Deborah Birx, the White House coronavirus response coordinator, shook her head at what she found, saying she saw less use of masks than anywhere else she’s been in the country.

Yet the governors of both states have made it clear they won’t issue mask mandates.

North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum, who just won reelection, is adhering to what he calls a “light touch of government” and encouraging people to voluntarily wear face coverings. He also has refused to enforce limits on social gatherings and business occupancies.
In South Dakota, Noem has cast doubt on whether wearing masks in public is effective, saying that she’ll leave it up to the people to decide. She has said the virus can’t be stopped. The state’s largest medical groups recently launched a campaign to make it clear that masks work."
----------------------------------

I guess states and people will be given improved tools to get this under control, but then it's up to them to use them.
Open the gate and lead the horse to water. Up to the horse to drink.
And the news of a vaccine being available 'soon' will make some people even more careless.

Looks like the White House has successfully executed another super spreading event.

Trump's Tuesday night victory speech seems to have infected Ben Carson. Probably got it from Meadows. Or one of many other people who are probably infected. Hard to know, since it's basically endemic in The People's House; a perfect microcosm of the United States.

They are so good at this. Ben Carson is technically on the White House Coronavirus Task Force.
You have to give them some respect, they're not hypocrites. They really believe this is the best course of action for everyone.

You have to give them some respect, they're not hypocrites. They really believe this is the best course of action for everyone.

That or they wanted to keep their jobs by not disagreeing with the WH’s chosen course and still hopefully be in a position to educate the populace who would listen. I think both Fauci and Brix appeared to at times try as hard as they could to not ruffle feathers but at times stayed silent (maybe picking their battles). I think when numbers and the spread grew more alarming is when we heard them speak out more. Fauci certainly took the lead here from what I saw, always being careful to be diplomatic, but even Brix later gave more statements to the press. Of course the more outspoken they seemed to become on reinforcing protocols to follow and where they saw the infection trends happening, they got pulled from televised press conferences and then we saw them face calls to fire them.

Reactions: TEG
It would be nice if they also agreed to get the same healthcare as your average American as well.

Would they be as cavalier about COVID if they did not have access to the best therapeutics that the taxpayer can buy?

With COVID as widespread as it is now, it's impossible to keep it out of nursing homes and other care facilities. It will not be long before we have another surge of deaths.

With COVID as widespread as it is now, it's impossible to keep it out of nursing homes and other care facilities. It will not be long before we have another surge of deaths.

Although deaths isn't the only important metric, have people been watching this?:
COVIDView, Key Updates for Week 44
Severe Disease: Hospitalizations and Deaths
Since the week ending September 26 (MMWR week 39), overall weekly hospitalization rates have increased. Overall increases have been driven primarily by an increase in rates among adults aged 18 years and older. Based on death certificate data, the percentage of deaths attributed to PIC for week 44 was 8.1% and, while declining compared to week 43 (11.8%), remains above the epidemic threshold. The weekly percentages of deaths due to PIC increased during the first two weeks of October. Hospitalization rates and PIC mortality for the most recent weeks may increase as additional data are reported.

So far they have data published only through October 31st. I think the expectation is that things are getting worse based on new case #s.

• Informative
Reactions: jerry33

I doubt they really ask themselves this question in this way. I think they choose to believe that because that is how they want to see it in terms of their general approach. Any contradicting facts are just obstacles to be overcome. It is the same way with climate change.

Reactions: jerry33
My only stocks up are 2 Cruise Lines I wanted to sell yesterday to buy more TSLA. CCL and NCLH are up 35% today because I didn’t have time to place my order yesterday to sell them at market opening.

My world is upside down.
Hope you jump shipped today. Looks like that Vaccine is not as what it's cracked up to be. Storage requirement is -80c! This is not a scalable solution.

The hard drives contained the RNA sequence for the virus. Soros sent them to China to be manufactured. They need to wait until after inauguration to make sure Bill Gates has time to put a microchip in each dose. They're having yield issues which is why it requires two doses.
OK so skip vaccines 2.0 through 8 and just go to 10, AmIRight?

Last edited: