Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, it seems like situation in Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia and India look good.

IF, they in fact are not hiding cases, it means the summer will actually stop the infection. Bad thing is it is still about 4 months away. At this point, I don't think any measure can stop this. So I am watching these countries closely to see if the sun is the final and only solution.

Still waiting for the stealth outbreak in Canada and USA. I am glad that it hasn't happened yet, however where I live, we have a significant amount of Iranians and Korean population so I expect to be hit sometimes in the near future. Canada's east coast has a huge Italian population so that'll hit them hard as well. But if we don't get hit, it means that the cold and the sparse population density is actually a good defense against virus.

On the other hand, from briefly walking outside in a 15 minute span, I noticed 2 cases of dry persistent hacking cough that is the signature of pneumonia and these people are just coughing, uncovered and without mask, into the open air to all the people around them. Sometimes, I shake my head at the lack of hygien and disease prevention education in our country

We'll see how this goes.

The detailed breakdown of Singapore, which until last week was the worst hit outside China.

No new cases reported at all on Sunday. 908 currently under quarantine as close contacts of known clusters.

upload_2020-2-24_5-33-26.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2020-2-24_5-33-11.jpeg
    upload_2020-2-24_5-33-11.jpeg
    222.3 KB · Views: 46
Is anyone worried like me for Monday’s market open because of the weekend Coronavirus mass outbreaks in Italy and South Korea?
Mulder1231, Context is everything. All of us here on TMC should post specifics rather than generalizations when the information is factual and easily accessible. Your statement "mass outbreaks in Italy and South Korea". So what does research tell us?
Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS
Looking at the Johns Hopkins Reasearch site we learn that within the last 24 hours the COVID-2019 added <100 new cases Worldwide, and within the same period >500 Recoveries took place, this has resulted in an actual reduction of 400 cases of COVID-2019 in the last 24hrs. Yes, South Korea now has 602 confirmed cases and 6 deaths, and Italy has 155 confirmed cases and 3 deaths, however using this figure to cherry pick reason for your "mass outbreak" statement is atune to stating Tesla demand has cratered in Norway because they delivered less cars in January 2020 than they did in December 2019. Let's look at the whole picture. Context is everything.

EDIT: So no. I'm not worried COVID-2019 will affect TSLA on Monday.

Last edited:
Mulder1231, Context is everything. All of us here on TMC should post specifics rather than generalizations when the information is factual and easily accessible. Your statement "mass outbreaks in Italy and South Korea". So what does research tell us?
Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS
Looking at the John Hopkins Reasearch site we learn that within the last 24 hours the COVID-2019 added <100 new cases Worldwide, and within the same period >500 Recoveries took place, this has resulted in an actual reduction of 400 cases of COVID-2019 in the last 24hrs. Yes, South Korea now has 602 confirmed cases and 6 deaths, and Italy has 155 confirmed cases and 3 deaths, however using this figure to cherry pick reason for your "mass outbreak" statement is atune to stating Tesla demand has cratered in Norway because they delivered less cars in January 2020 than they did in December 2019. Let's look at the whole picture. Context is everything.

EDIT: So no. I'm not worried COVID-2019 will affect TSLA on Monday.
Just a minor, but favourite, pitnick: It's JOHNS HOPKINS. Always was, always will be.
Thanks for repeating the URL for best data, though! :)

I mean, selfishly yes for some short term options...

But we’ve had an Iran general assassinated Weekend, corona virus weekends where apple gave profit warnings, etc.

I feel bad that people have lost their life to this virus, but in the US alone we get 10000 to 60000 flu deaths per year.

This virus has claimed the life of 2000 people, many in lower income areas.

I personally believe 95% of all news coverage on the Coronavirus issue is sensationalism or, essentially, fake news, propaganda from enemies, Bear investors beating the drum, etc. I’m not saying the Coronavirus is fake, but it’s severity is being so blown out of proportion to its impact it isn’t funny. The way the news sounds it’s aerial aids that you get if you are even in the same room with somebody else.

I’m particularly worried about the situation in Italy. I think it will cause panic all over Europe. Already, Austria has halted a train coming from Venice en route to Munich at the border. It will be very difficult to close borders in Europe to prevent spread because within the European Union the borders are open.

Not sure this time it is a matter of sensationalism or fake news. There are some real tough decisions made in Italy by its government to try to contain the outbreak.

A lot of people in the US are paycheck to paycheck. How many have food stock to stay home for a month or two? How about if your government locked you in your houses?

As we saw with the Princess cruise ship, it still spread slowly throughout. If everyone is locked at home and no testing or assistance is being given, doesn't mean it still isn't spreading. Plenty of stories from SARs where the virus was spread through the shared systems, such as home plumbing.

Odds are high that China is a glimpse at our own futures in 2 months. Best stock up and be prepared.

FYI, the sounds you're hearing there are not screaming or whatever people are supposed to interpret it as. That's a government-run call-and-response "pep rally". You can see better clips here:

While I really want to wait for the China numbers to come in, I have to work tomorrow and need to get to bed :Þ So here's the graphs without China in them.

Summaries:
  • Korea: flatlined
  • Japan: down. 2/3rds in Hokkaido.
  • Italy: up, though not as dramatically as yesterday
  • Iran: up, but still a relatively minor breakout
  • Diamond Princess: new batch reported (though still the running average is way down)
  • China: ? (dang need for sleep... :Þ)
No new outbreaks.

upload_2020-2-24_2-8-13.png

upload_2020-2-24_2-8-31.png

upload_2020-2-24_2-8-47.png

upload_2020-2-24_2-9-5.png

upload_2020-2-24_2-9-22.png

upload_2020-2-24_2-9-43.png

upload_2020-2-24_2-9-56.png

upload_2020-2-24_2-10-8.png

763 now in South Korea

It's been clear for several days that South Korea will likely ultimately pass 1000, due to the fact that much of the cult got infected in the Cheongdo area. The question is how much did it spread beyond them.

Right now diagnoses are flat at around 200 per day, but I don't expect this will be over for a while, due to incubation times.

• Informative
Reactions: jerry33 and MC3OZ
Those are two different situations

They literally are not. Same city, same evening.

, but I guess you can inform the Chinese readers on youtube how wrong they are.

I've now ran about three dozen comments from Chinese speakers in that thread through Google Translate, and the vast majority of the conversation is "Chinese government good" / "Chinese government evil" debate. So I have no clue what you're referring to.

• Helpful
Reactions: SpaceCash
They literally are not.

Yeah, so anyone can use google translate. These are comments right out of the video. :rolleyes:

武漢市晚上情況 封閉時間已經達到人類能承受的極限=Wuhan at night, the closing time has reached the limit of human tolerance

如果你們不反抗,就真的活在地獄裡,只能發出這種無助的叫聲=If you don't resist, you really live in hell and can only make this helpless cry!

失控之國.現在在中國殺人根本無罪.誰管你驗屍.只要沒現場殺人被發現.有屍體都是直接燒了.公安還會去調查誰殺的.搶物資都嫌慢了...難怪中國不敢派大批軍隊進駐...中國高層自己也很怕死.=The country that is out of control. It is now innocent to kill people in China. Who cares about your autopsy. As long as the killing is not found at the scene. All the bodies are burned directly. China dare not send a large number of troops ... China's top executives are also afraid of death.

中共這個政權應該趕快被消滅。=The CCP regime should be eliminated quickly.

• Informative
Reactions: EVCollies