Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Once again I simply gave a timeline, what you read into that was on you.

Once again we should do the numbers. What level of death in primary infection makes up for the 416% increase in death risk from vaccination?

Is that lower than the known risk of primary infection, bearing in mind that it's unlikely to be 75.75% from the other study?
You dropped a bomb and walked away. Oh, of course that's not what you meant to imply. :rolleyes:

From the article:

The overall adjusted HR for severe, critical, or fatal COVID-19 after previous natural infection versus BNT162b2 vaccination was estimated at 0·24 (95% CI 0·08–0·72; table 2). The wide 95% CI reflected the rarity of severe or critical COVID-19 in both the natural infection and BNT162b2-vaccinated cohorts (figure 1).

The authors are saying that the protection of both natural immunity and vaccination was such that the study wasn't strong enough (confidence limits overlapped) to look at that. Does that help?

They weren't looking at baseline expected mortality in a matched population. I don't think it is intellectually honest to compare with other studies.

Last edited:
I fully realized EFD often goes overboard but he does reference sources that can be looked at directly.

Re: China's new policies and outcomes now and for the following several months
Looks like some of the videos came from https://twitter.com/jenniferzeng97

Dec 18 - jenniferzeng97
Have we, bear with me here, this is radical, have we thought about getting a vaccine that works?

1671526708482.png

• Disagree
Reactions: CatB
Have we, bear with me here, this is radical, have we thought about getting a vaccine that works?
Here we are in agreement. I think the hope of spike protein vaccination has been diluted by mutation.

I trust the good people of Australia will fund the research into a broader spectrum vaccine, since such funding has lapsed in the good ol' USA with the help of partisanship.

1671527318201.png

Reactions: madodel and jerry33
You dropped a bomb and walked away. Oh, of course that's not what you meant to imply. :rolleyes:

From the article:

The authors are saying that the protection of both natural immunity and vaccination was such that the study wasn't strong enough (confidence limits overlapped) to look at that. Does that help?

They weren't looking at baseline expected mortality in a matched population. I don't think it is intellectually honest to compare with other studies.
That is exactly what happened. We had covid in the community on at least three occasions and we beat it, then they threatened everyone's job and when it came again, it was a tsunami. Somewhere in the middle the hospitals were full and nobody knew why. Nobody, to this day knows why the hospitals were full. I drove a lady to hospital for her heart during the period, they offered no assistance. Fortunately, I was later able to fix her heart. In the meantime I bought her a Defib for Christmas.

Do you know why the hospitals were full during the jabbathon? Commandant numbnuts here thinks it's a delayed reaction to covid that we didn't have:

Here we are in agreement. I think the hope of spike protein vaccination has been diluted by mutation.

I trust the good people of Australia will fund the research into a broader spectrum vaccine, since such funding has lapsed in the good ol' USA with the help of partisanship.

View attachment 887050
I think the trials were fraudulent. I went through the documents myself.

Protocol deviations were heavily biased
N-Abs indicated no benefit
Ejections from the trial due to, wait for it, "infection" were all one sided.

They put the F in fraud as well as pizer, pizer sh1t.

That is exactly what happened. We had covid in the community on at least three occasions and we beat it, then they threatened everyone's job and when it came again, it was a tsunami. Somewhere in the middle the hospitals were full and nobody knew why. Nobody, to this day knows why the hospitals were full. I drove a lady to hospital for her heart during the period, they offered no assistance. Fortunately, I was later able to fix her heart. In the meantime I bought her a Defib for Christmas.

Do you know why the hospitals were full during the jabbathon? Commandant numbnuts here thinks it's a delayed reaction to covid that we didn't have:

I think the trials were fraudulent. I went through the documents myself.

Protocol deviations were heavily biased
N-Abs indicated no benefit
Ejections from the trial due to, wait for it, "infection" were all one sided.

They put the F in fraud as well as pizer, pizer sh1t.
Oh. You are hitting a sore spot. I had better bite my tongue. Other than to say (gdi) don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Reactions: juk
I've been thinking about putting together a clinical trial on CPR after heart attacks. I was thinking maybe admission into the trial might take 2-3 days, organising someone to perform the CPR might take another 1-2 days and then getting the PPE together another day or so. So maybe 7 -10 days all up before we could perform the CPR.

Just the same as they tested potential antiviral drugs.

• Funny
Reactions: DrGriz
I'm old enough to remember when they did prevent infection. Also when they transitioned to "reduces the chances of death from infection" with no evidence to back that up.

I didn't draw a conclusion, all I did was give an accurate timeline of events.
Good to know you're at least one year old.

“COVID-19 cases peaked from 25 August to 7 September, with the rate among fully vaccinated people at 49.5 per 100,000, while in unvaccinated people it was 561 per 100,000, a more than 10-fold difference,” Dr Chant said.

I encourage all to remember Brandolini’s law.

I may be superhuman, or just antisocial:

That was a very interesting article (read it at the time). It is certainly possible that there are people that have ACE2 receptors that the virus can't bind, or at least can't bind as well, and those people may be some of the ones who don't get sick or don't know they were infected. I don't know if there has been follow up observation, but it would be interesting to know if there's a cohort like this. Also, theoretically, as the virus mutates, ACE2 binding properties may also change.

Good to know you're at least one year old.

“COVID-19 cases peaked from 25 August to 7 September, with the rate among fully vaccinated people at 49.5 per 100,000, while in unvaccinated people it was 561 per 100,000, a more than 10-fold difference,” Dr Chant said.

@juk clearly believes that immunization resulted in a severe outbreak of illness in their country. No matter that that was not our experience or observation. I think it is unfortunate that their trust has been that broken. I don't think we can help.

I may be superhuman, or just antisocial:
Or Matt Damon.

I've also been lucky to avoid it (as far as I know)... tested multiple times with at home tests and clinical PCR tests. Almost all my friends and coworkers have got the C19 and only one family member out of the 4 of us had contracted it (and we all avoided getting sick despite sharing a masked car ride with the "infected" for 6 hours). I am more mask diligent... but I also run the most errands to the grocery store and eat out more frequently (outdoors when possible).

I have had all but the last booster (started with Pfizer, boostered with Moderna), so unsure what exactly is the secret recipe.

It does seem like this is becoming like the flu but with repercussions like higher death rate and long Covid... it's still something I want to avoid.

Or maybe I just stay home and eat lemons.

Reactions: PACEMD and madodel
Or Matt Damon.

I've also been lucky to avoid it (as far as I know)... tested multiple times with at home tests and clinical PCR tests. Almost all my friends and coworkers have got the C19 and only one family member out of the 4 of us had contracted it (and we all avoided getting sick despite sharing a masked car ride with the "infected" for 6 hours). I am more mask diligent... but I also run the most errands to the grocery store and eat out more frequently (outdoors when possible).

I have had all but the last booster (started with Pfizer, boostered with Moderna), so unsure what exactly is the secret recipe.

It does seem like this is becoming like the flu but with repercussions like higher death rate and long Covid... it's still something I want to avoid.

Or maybe I just stay home and eat lemons.

Get that last booster and keep the streak alive! Sooner you get it the sooner you can get a booster for the booster, lol.

Reactions: DrGriz