Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aside from dfwatt's explanation, I would think that being poor might mean health issues not taken care of very well, not properly treated. So more or stronger comorbidities. That's just an expectation, don't know if it is true.

Yes there's so many complementary and competing explanations including those + health literacy, + poor diet,.less exercise (often but not invariably) plus the biological effects that I discussed earlier plus you're dealt with differently by Healthcare personnel. It's almost impossible figure out which of those are more important but the whole combination of effects from poverty are clearly moving things in a hugely negative direction

Last edited:
Yeah, it's a bit hard to say exactly what will be good and what will be bad (which is probably why the media doesn't talk about it, I suppose, sadly). You kind of have to see the data and evaluate it.

I am just saying: 1) You want as much testing of people as possible, particularly of those who are high risk. 2) Increasing testing of these high risk people may well increase the total number of cases you find (we know we are missing at least ~80% of cases!) 3) You want as low a positivity rate as possible when testing the highest risk population. This should trend downwards over time.

The key thing is that more cases in the presence of greatly increased targeted testing is likely a very good thing, as long as the positivity rate is not increasing over time!

So we want to see a lot of cases! Let's shoot for 100k per day!
Definitely. We surely still have more than 100K cases per day, and the more we find, the better.
Unfortunately, we get even less information about the active tracing ability.

This reminds me of something I read recently:

If you weren't so angry, maybe you could comprehend what I wrote and you quoted:

If I hadn't posted the video, then @TEG would not have linked a purported debunking, which I will calmly read and consider before forming an opinion.

On the vaccination debate, I know enough to have the opinion that the angry irrationality is mostly on the pro-vax side, since the sneering I've seen falsely dismisses any criticism of any aspect of vaccination as anti-science, flat-Earther rejection of all vaccination. Your post sounds like that, so I won't try to debate questions such as why do newborn babies need six vaccinations before their immune systems are even capable of responding normally, and why did Congress set up a special vaccination court so pharmaceutical companies can't be sued in ordinary courts.

Call me wary of "unwarranted influence" (Eisenhower's words) of one of the most powerful industries in the world.

And you know this how, exactly?

I think it's best that you actually ignore my posts going forwards. I'm going to do the same. I think you've declared yourself to be a member of a lunatic fringe even though you seem to think you're some version of the moral center of the universe. I just don't have time for far right field conspiracy theorists. This will be the last time I respond to any of your wild ideas. I will not see your response to this post so please don't bother. You're wasting your breath.

So this is your substitute for facts, logic, or credible evidence?

Thank you for your significant change in focus. I look forward to posts that now focus on these.:rolleyes:

I think it's best that you actually ignore my posts going forwards. I'm going to do the same. I think you've declared yourself to be a member of a lunatic fringe even though you seem to think you're some version of the moral center of the universe. I just don't have time for far right field conspiracy theorists. This will be the last time I respond to any of your wild ideas.

More hilarity and insults from folks who seem unable to dispute the peer-reviewed science that I cited and linked.

Edit: And the third person whose only rebuttal is to put me on Ignore.

In the main Investor thread, folks laugh at TSLAQ because Qers block any info that questions their beliefs. Sad to see the same behavior on TMC.

Last edited:
Reactions: CLK350
Yeah, it's a bit hard to say exactly what will be good and what will be bad (which is probably why the media doesn't talk about it, I suppose, sadly). You kind of have to see the data and evaluate it.

I am just saying: 1) You want as much testing of people as possible, particularly of those who are high risk. 2) Increasing testing of these high risk people may well increase the total number of cases you find (we know we are missing at least ~80% of cases!) 3) You want as low a positivity rate as possible when testing the highest risk population. This should trend downwards over time.

The key thing is that more cases in the presence of greatly increased targeted testing is likely a very good thing, as long as the positivity rate is not increasing over time!

So we want to see a lot of cases! Let's shoot for 100k per day!

I wonder whether some individuals are getting tested more than once? Because, as we all know, these diagnostic tests really only show you what your status is at the time of testing. Heck, one could theoretically get swabbed, and then catch the virus on their way out of the testing area.

I wonder whether some individuals are getting tested more than once? Because, as we all know, these diagnostic tests really only show you what your status is at the time of testing. Heck, one could theoretically get swabbed, and then catch the virus on their way out of the testing area.

Usually it makes more sense to test someone who didn't get tested yet, than someone who got tested 5 min ago.

This reminds me of something I read recently:

If you weren't so angry, maybe you could comprehend what I wrote and you quoted:

If I hadn't posted the video, then @TEG would not have linked a purported debunking, which I will calmly read and consider before forming an opinion.

On the vaccination debate, I know enough to have the opinion that the angry irrationality is mostly on the pro-vax side, since the sneering I've seen falsely dismisses any criticism of any aspect of vaccination as anti-science, flat-Earther rejection of all vaccination. Your post sounds like that, so I won't try to debate questions such as why do newborn babies need six vaccinations before their immune systems are even capable of responding normally, and why did Congress set up a special vaccination court so pharmaceutical companies can't be sued in ordinary courts.

Call me wary of "unwarranted influence" (Eisenhower's words) of one of the most powerful industries in the world.

And you know this how, exactly?
Dude, you are single-handedly diluting this thread to the point where it's becoming devoid of value.

You've made your case. Step off now.

40 to 59 is a big group. Wish there it was more granular.

Anyway some guy in that age group but with obesity (so good chance of Hypertension, T2D, Cardiovascular problems) is probably going around talking about herd immunity. He doesn't know about the 54% chance of fatality if he catches Covid.

In this other message board I was following, some guy was discussing how close we are getting to “heard immunity”. When I pointed out I wouldn’t take seriously anyone talking about “heard immunity”, and by the way, post your sources, I was ridiculed.

Reactions: bkp_duke and BBone
In this other message board I was following, some guy was discussing how close we are getting to “heard immunity”. When I pointed out I wouldn’t take seriously anyone talking about “heard immunity”, and by the way, post your sources, I was ridiculed.
Maybe he was referring to when Elon moved on from Amber to Grimes?

We are back-ordered months worth! The sheer volume of total idiocy has overwhelmed our modest production line capacity. Plus every time we upgrade our product (like going from our basic Idiot Spray to our higher strength Moron Spray, we find a new population that is completely refractory. Like all the people looking for Clorox Chewables!

But I'll see if we can cook up an extra batch for you. :D:D

This used to be such a great, informative thread! What happened??

Reactions: FoverM
Internet experts who have far too much time on the hand and whom tend to take things personally.
Anyway back to real information.

From King Country (WA) website, there is info about Long Term Care Facilities
-63.5% of COVID-Deaths

upload_2020-5-7_22-49-36.png