Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Malaysia is going down a similar path.

Malaysia has a population of about 32M people, and the peak infection rate was between 150 and 200 new cases per day. Currently new infections are down to 30-50 per day, total active cases are 1,400, of which only 16 are in critical condition. Since all this begin, only 109 people have died from COVID-19 in Malaysia.

Nonetheless, 2 months ago the government decided to completely shut down the entire country. Anyone leaving their home for anything other than groceries or urgent medical care was to be arrested. I thought this was excessive at the time.....I just don't understand what the government is thinking...

I Trust malaysia's gov actions more than their statements.

Malaysia is going down a similar path.

Malaysia has a population of about 32M people, and the peak infection rate was between 150 and 200 new cases per day. Currently new infections are down to 30-50 per day, total active cases are 1,400, of which only 16 are in critical condition. Since all this begin, only 109 people have died from COVID-19 in Malaysia.

Nonetheless, 2 months ago the government decided to completely shut down the entire country. Anyone leaving their home for anything other than groceries or urgent medical care was to be arrested. I thought this was excessive at the time, but I guess it's better to do too much than too little. I went to a hospital early during the lock downs to visit the ENT, and the hospital was pretty much empty, almost a ghost town.

Last week the government decided to loosen restrictions a little bit. Some business have been allowed to re-open as long as there is temperature screening and recording of contact information of all visitors. This was good.

However, they've also decided to extend the lock down until mid-June, AND for some inexplicable reason they're talking about tightening restrictions again, and going back to locking everyone in their homes. This is in spite of the very mild situation I just described. There are barely any new infections, quite few cases, and almost no critical cases. I just don't understand what the government is thinking...

You made little mention of testing. The logic is that the only tool available is lockdown and restrictions until there is robust, accurate testing and tracking in place. Once public health has the “testing and tracking” tool fully available then the lockdown can begin to be lifted according to the capacity of the healthcare system.

The lockdown approach can work to break the spread and protect the healthcare system from collapsing but is not without its own suffering.

Now we suffer and wait as testing methods are scaled up and organized by priority and tracking skills are perfected. Should not be too long but it sucks. This is how I see it anyway...

I'm not following you here. Are you saying high dose IV-C is a patented drug? Or that doctors are trained to use it?

If only either of those were true, then Covid-19 would not be devastating the world outside China.

Edit - You say “non-drug” again but you corrected yourself previously per your quote below. You would make a more compelling “brainwashing” case with consistency.

When I said "non-drug treatment," I meant non-patentable-drug treatment,

Last edited:
Reactions: bkp_duke
"When I said "non-drug treatment," I meant non-patentable-drug treatment,"

Yes, and I still do. The cheap and available cure of the Front Line group consists of non-patentable nutrients (vitamins C, B1, D, zinc) and off-patent drugs (heparin and methylprednisolone).

The problem that is devastating the world outside China is that Big Pharma has every incentive to ignore this low-profit cure and instead develop new high-profit patented drugs and vaccine. As Elon says, incentives are important. In this case, the potential profits from Covid-19 are so enormous that the cheap existing cure is being actively suppressed by industry-captured media and government agencies.

News Media Attacks Vitamin C Treatment of COVID-19 Coronavirus: Yet Ascorbate is a Proven, Powerful Antiviral

PS: The pharmaceutical industry usually doesn't mind people using off-patent drugs, because they still make some money from it, and it reinforces their preferred public mindset of taking drugs for "health." But the industry is constantly pushing the public and doctors to use "new and improved" patented drugs that are much higher-profit. Ask any doctor who endures sales calls from drug reps, or just watch the commercials on broadcast TV.

PS: The pharmaceutical industry usually doesn't mind people using off-patent drugs, because they still make some money from it, and it reinforces their preferred public mindset of taking drugs for "health." But the industry is constantly pushing the public and doctors to use "new and improved" patented drugs that are much higher-profit. Ask any doctor who endures sales calls from drug reps, or just watch the commercials on broadcast TV.

In that case all we need is a combo drug of Vitamin C and a patentable drug.
Everybody is happy.

A good thorough debunking of the death count is fake theory.
And Deborah Birx, the coordinator of the administration’s coronavirus task force, has urged CDC officials to exclude from coronavirus death-count reporting some of those individuals who either do not have confirmed lab results and are presumed positive or who have the virus and may not have died as a direct result of it, according to three senior administration officials.

It's curious that one of the criticisms of the China Covid death count was that it originally only included deaths as Covid if the patients were confirmed positive.

That's politics for you.

Nothing is perfect, but I am OK with counting mortality during the epidemic in excess of historical norms as Covid related.

Last edited:
It's curious that one of the criticisms of the China death count was that it originally only included deaths as Covid if they patients were confirmed positive.

That's politics for you.

Nothing is perfect, but I am OK with counting mortality during the epidemic in excess of historical norms as Covid related.

not sure if you read the piece but piece makes clear covid must be an underlying cause. The “fall down stairs with covid” death may slip in but is certainly extremely minuscule and many more actual covid deaths are missed

New York City breaks record: 58 straight days with no pedestrian deaths
This is the longest stretch since NYC began tracking pedestrian deaths in 1983.

I'd link to the article but there really isn't any content of value other than the two simple stats.
A maybe-interesting historical footnote: the first pedestrian death and the first speeding ticket written in NYC were caused by drivers of electric cars (cabs).
Robin

• Informative
Reactions: madodel
A (longish) read of 'The Beginning':
A Failed Deception: The Early Days of the Coronavirus Outbreak in Wuhan - DER SPIEGEL - International

"...in the early morning hours of Jan. 23, Beijing moved to seal Wuhan off from the outside world."

"Eleven weeks after the lockdown was imposed on Wuhan, Wang Xinghuan, the director of one of the largest hospitals in the city, was standing outside his clinic in a tracksuit and speaking of the lessons he had learned from the crisis. "Three things are essential," he said, "rigorous testing, the immediate isolation of suspected cases and the wearing of masks." He said that he was in regular contact with colleagues in New York and that one of them had told him that the wearing of masks was unfortunately a cultural issue. "But it isn't a cultural issue," Wang insisted. "It's stupid to not wear a mask.""

'Eleven weeks after' should make it April 9

New York City breaks record: 58 straight days with no pedestrian deaths
This is the longest stretch since NYC began tracking pedestrian deaths in 1983.

I'd link to the article but there really isn't any content of value other than the two simple stats.
OT
My uncle Charles (age 7) died in spring 1918 riding his bicycle in bernardsville, New Jersey by getting hit and run over by a chauffeured car (driver was distracted by ‘pretty girl’)
traffic fatalities go way back in time
OT

• Informative
Reactions: SMAlset
In this case, the potential profits from Covid-19 are so enormous that the cheap existing cure is being actively suppressed by industry-captured media and government agencies.

Perhaps you are right. How shall we measure your profit prediction?

I haven't invested a cent in any pharma stocks. They stand to lose a lot IMO. Vaccine will likely be free and it will consume the resources of future drug and device development.

Their profitable pharma pipelines of drug development have been disrupted and it will be years before they recover. Hospitals are losing money. Clinical studies are hard/impossible to do quickly during a pandemic. No one is using healthcare or even dentistry if it can be avoided. And the likelihood of significant healthcare reforms looms larger than ever. In the end the companies will be asking the Gov't for reimbursement and that will come at a price. Could it be much worse?

The obvious winners here are the PPE producers as I see it. Perhaps autos. And perhaps the nutritional supplement purveyors will do well.

The list of damaged and diminished industries is going to be long - Banks, Transportation, Energy, Real Estate etc. The world is in transition toward something different.

There are many serious flaws in our healthcare system but it is hard to change. There will be hidden consequences from this horror and some of them may result in a fresh way of looking at things. YMMV

What is everyone’s reading of this pediatric inflammatory symptom showing up in NYC? Now up to over 100 cases with 3 deaths. I recall when that fool Alex Berenson (one of Elon’s sources as well) was getting mad at the media and pretended this was regular Kawasaki when there are were only 5 cases. I actually only became aware of it due to his rant freaking out at media and doctors because they just want panic lol.

On first glance seems a bit hyped with the current climate and should be treatable but still very, very concerning.

we still know very little when it comes to this virus

What is everyone’s reading of this pediatric inflammatory symptom showing up in NYC? Now up to over 100 cases with 3 deaths. I recall when that fool Alex Berenson (one of Elon’s sources as well) was getting mad at the media and pretended this was regular Kawasaki when there are were only 5 cases. I actually only became aware of it due to his rant freaking out at media and doctors because they just want panic lol.

On first glance seems a bit hyped with the current climate and should be treatable but still very, very concerning.

we still know very little when it comes to this virus

My medical 0.02 . . . . it's too early to tell. Need to see more data on the case presentations, lab findings, course of the disease, etc. Even if it is just from the individual cases that we have now.