Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But South Korea aggressively tested early, quarantined positives and tracked exposures to the positives. There are sections of the USA where we could still do this but most major population centers have no choice but to lockdown, like Italy. And finally, Italy's numbers are starting to turn down a bit.

Right, but test and track dictates IFR = CFR or it fails as a strategy.

ie. you can’t be missing 90% of cases during test-and-track. The virus will spread out of control.

So it follows that if you DO have control, it implies you test-and-tracked close to all cases, thus leading to IFR=CFR.

Right, but test and track dictates IFR = CFR or it fails as a strategy.

ie. you can’t be missing 90% of cases during test-and-track. The virus will spread out of control.

So it follows that if you DO have control, it implies you test-and-tracked close to all cases, thus leading to IFR=CFR.

Well, if you combine test-and-track with lockdown and everything else you can throw at it, it doesn't have to be perfect. You can start with health care workers and go from there. Nothing against testing everyone, of course.

Somehow I don't feel reassured by public statements that they are doing really everything that could be done, regarding testing. Sometimes it sounds like they are giving excuses for less-than-ideal political support.

Reactions: Dr. J and Lessmog
Its 5 to 6 day doubling rate. But that applies only to local breakouts - not to a disjointed nation with different breakouts and starting points.

I think it is not even very useful to talk about peak at national level - but local peaks. Ofcourse, there may be multiple peaks locally if lockdowns and relaxations happen in cycles locally.

ps : Interestingly WA has 6 day doubling of fatalities, starting on 11th.

The COVID Tracking Project
Why are there so many test results listed as "pending" for CA? Seems to be the only state with a large % of pending results

Progress!....

Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 12.07.28 AM.png

The German daily new cases curve is flattening.

A clear trend now.

This together with a still low death rate of 0.5% gives us some hope. About 100 cases are in critical situation.

Structural as well as some cultural and political aspects may be the reason why Germany is better off so far in this crisis.

Politicians discuss now exit strategies from the restrictions of the population.

Source: Robert Koch Institute

Bildschirmfoto 2020-03-26 um 09.07.41.png

Sorry, no, not clear. In spite of the yellow corrections, it appears that graph is still using incomplete numbers.

See this graph:

View attachment 525887

Germany Coronavirus: 37,323 Cases and 206 Deaths - Worldometer

Your Source is Worldometer that has not the latest data. They actually try to pull data from all sources which includes the Robert Koch Institute but I have seen major deviations in the past.

Robert Koch Institute is the reliable source.

But even if you use worldometer the trend is the same.

Your Source is Worldometer that has not the latest data. They actually try to pull data from all sources which includes the Robert Koch Institute but I have seen major deviations in the past.

Robert Koch Institute is the reliable source.

But even if you use worldometer the trend is the same.

I have now posted data from Robert Koch Institute above. The new data is 4954. The trend is upwards, don't get confused by the outlier.

4954 is the highest level so far, by both sources.

• Informative
Reactions: Lessmog
This is weird. From:
https://www.doh.wa.gov/Emergencies/Coronavirus

"The state's notifiable conditions database is currently experiencing a slowdown because of a 10-fold increase in the number of lab reports received. Our IT team is working to correct the issue."

Ok, they've had 34000 tests before. 10 times that is 340000 (which, no... but let's humor them). What on earth database are they running that crumbles under 340000 records? dBASE IV?
Well you see, Washington state is a bit backward when it comes to computers. :p

Opinion | Life in Seattle, America’s Coronavirus Capital

Turns out it is the actual headline. Amazing. I can read things and remember what I read a few weeks later.

Ok, that's an opinion piece written by someone who lives in Seattle. I actually think newspapers should get rid of their opinion sections since they're often factually inaccurate and people often use them to judge the journalism of a paper.

Especially NYT sometimes has opinion pieces that are out of whack.
I also fervently hate NYT since Broder. In this case I find the headline more obnoxious than the article, from a quick skim. Isn't Broder on the Editorial Committee?

But this is Off toxic here ... :p

I have now posted data from Robert Koch Institute above. The new data is 4954. The trend is upwards, don't get confused by the outlier.

4954 is the highest level so far, by both sources.

Well, it seems RKI is distributing the "new cases" according to their original recording date, as opposed to the data transmission date.

Still it appears to be missing more than 2000 cases (36508 vs 38609), which I guess are more likely to fall on recent days. Too early to draw any conclusions, in my opinion.

EDIT: It also means that the number for today is very likely to get a large boost tomorrow. And another boost day after tomorrow.

Last edited: