Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Forcing a vaccine on people will never be allowed, it would simply reinforce the conspiracy theorists propaganda.

Yeah. . . but wasn't covid-19 created by Anthony Fauci so he can make a lot of money on a vaccine? And then he can send all the money he's making to the Satanist pedophiles and sex traffickers that are running the Democratic Party?

The good news is that maybe they'll be enough vaccine left for the non psychotic people because all the psychotic people won't want to take it.

Yeah, there are FAR MORE anti-vaxxers than there were even just 1 year ago.

I'll take any kind of bet you want to make on this one.

I would LOVE a mandated SARS-Cov2 vaccine.

NOT . . . . EVER . . . . HAPPENING
My wife is appalled at the numbers of people who work at her hospital who have in the past refused to get a flu vaccine (required to wear a mask if no vaccine) saying they won't get the flu vaccine this year. These people are still scared of vaccines. COVID19 has changed little.

Reactions: dfwatt
My wife is appalled at the numbers of people who work at her hospital who have in the past refused to get a flu vaccine (required to wear a mask if no vaccine) saying they won't get the flu vaccine this year. These people are still scared of vaccines. COVID19 has changed little.

At least where I worked the hospital had the balls to tell staff if they didn't get the flu vaccine, they were fired. The RARE exceptions were the 1 in 10,000 people that had prior documentation of egg allergies.

IMO, if you work in healthcare, you should be 100% up-to-date on all vaccines. It should be a job requirement.

Yeah. . . but wasn't covid-19 created by Anthony Fauci so he can make a lot of money on a vaccine? And then he can send all the money he's making to the Satanist pedophiles and sex traffickers that are running the Democratic Party?

The good news is that maybe they'll be enough vaccine left for the non psychotic people because all the psychotic people won't want to take it.
If they would just die quickly no problem, but they won't. They'll spread it to people who don't realize these insane people are truly dangerous and then the hospitals will be swamped and health care workers will be exposed to it. I had to watch my wife go through that for 7 weeks in March and April. Now watching the states outside of the NE US going through the same thing. I'd prefer these people get a few doses of Haldol and join the rest of us in reality rather than watch this come back out of control in the east again..

At least where I worked the hospital had the balls to tell staff if they didn't get the flu vaccine, they were fired. The RARE exceptions were the 1 in 10,000 people that had prior documentation of egg allergies.

IMO, if you work in healthcare, you should be 100% up-to-date on all vaccines. It should be a job requirement.

Egg allergies are not an excuse.

Flu Vaccine and People with Egg Allergies

"...studies that have examined the use of both the nasal spray vaccine and flu shots in egg-allergic and non-egg-allergic patients indicate that severe allergic reactions in people with egg allergies are unlikely. A recent CDC study found the rate of anaphylaxis after all vaccines is 1.31 per one million vaccine doses given."

ACP Journals

Among 6916 patients with COVID-19, there was a J-shaped association between BMI and risk for death, even after adjustment for obesity-related comorbidities. Compared with patients with a BMI of 18.5 to 24 kg/m2, those with BMIs of 40 to 44 kg/m2 and greater than 45 kg/m2 had relative risks of 2.68 (95% CI, 1.43 to 5.04) and 4.18 (CI, 2.12 to 8.26), respectively. This risk was most striking among those aged 60 years or younger and men. Increased risk for death associated with Black or Latino race/ethnicity or other sociodemographic characteristics was not detected.

some would do anything for health, but they wont do that, no they wont do that. (Apologies to musician named meatloaf)

Egg allergies are not an excuse.

Flu Vaccine and People with Egg Allergies

"...studies that have examined the use of both the nasal spray vaccine and flu shots in egg-allergic and non-egg-allergic patients indicate that severe allergic reactions in people with egg allergies are unlikely. A recent CDC study found the rate of anaphylaxis after all vaccines is 1.31 per one million vaccine doses given."

Correct, but it was the only medical reason our hospital allowed for not getting an influenza vaccine.

F.D.A.’s Emergency Approval of Blood Plasma Is Now on Hold

Last week, just as the Food and Drug Administration was preparing to issue an emergency authorization for blood plasma as a Covid-19 treatment, a group of top federal health officials including Dr. Francis S. Collins and Dr. Anthony S. Fauci intervened, arguing that emerging data on the treatment was too weak, according to two senior administration officials.

The authorization is on hold for now as more data is reviewed, according to H. Clifford Lane, the clinical director at the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. An emergency approval could still be issued in the near future, he said.

F.D.A.’s Emergency Approval of Blood Plasma Is Now on Hold

Last week, just as the Food and Drug Administration was preparing to issue an emergency authorization for blood plasma as a Covid-19 treatment, a group of top federal health officials including Dr. Francis S. Collins and Dr. Anthony S. Fauci intervened, arguing that emerging data on the treatment was too weak, according to two senior administration officials.

The authorization is on hold for now as more data is reviewed, according to H. Clifford Lane, the clinical director at the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. An emergency approval could still be issued in the near future, he said.

I would like to see the data behind this decision, not the politics. Historically, convalescent plasma to treat pandemic viral infections is one of the greatest tools medicine has every had, second only to vaccines.

For the sake of argument, lets say I have a PVC-like material bathtub in my side yard and I that I wanted to fill it with ice and beer, but not spread any viruses. There's a way to do this, right?

Perhaps sprinkle the whole operation with a pound or two of kosher salt? I don't want to use an ice/water/Lysol solution or something similarly undrinkable.

Thoughts?

COVID study: Kids with mild to no symptoms more contagious than adults

"A new study adds to growing evidence that children are not immune to COVID-19 and may even play a larger role in community spread than previously thought.
Researchers at Massachusetts General Hospital and Mass General Hospital for Children found that among 192 children, 49 tested positive for the coronavirus and had significantly higher levels of virus in their airways than hospitalized adults in intensive care units, according to the study published Thursday in the Journal of Pediatrics.
“Kids are not immune from this infection, and their symptoms don’t correlate with exposure and infection,” said Dr. Alessio Fasano..."
"Study authors challenged the current hypothesis that children are less likely to get sick from COVID-19 because they had fewer virus receptors than adults. The receptor, angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2), binds to the coronavirus and enables it to infect healthy cells.
While they found younger children did have fewer receptors, they still carried high levels of virus. This led researchers to believe children are more contagious, calling them "silent spreaders" of COVID-19, regardless of their susceptibility to developing infection."

• Informative
Reactions: ReddyLeaf and JRP3
For the sake of argument, lets say I have a PVC-like material bathtub in my side yard and I that I wanted to fill it with ice and beer, but not spread any viruses. There's a way to do this, right?

Perhaps sprinkle the whole operation with a pound or two of kosher salt? I don't want to use an ice/water/Lysol solution or something similarly undrinkable.

Thoughts?
Assuming this is a party tell everyone to bring their own drinks, ice, and cooler. And cups, and food and utensils if there is going to be eating. If you must supply the drinks then wear a mask and gloves when stocking the tub and make sure everyone does the same when retrieving drinks, risk should be low. Everyone could swab the drinks with alcohol before opening. Yay, party time.

m203742ff1.jpeg

Can't change one's age or need for organ transplant but that BMI figure is staring out as a modifiable factor, as are a few others in the list

ACP Journals

Among 6916 patients with COVID-19, there was a J-shaped association between BMI and risk for death, even after adjustment for obesity-related comorbidities. Compared with patients with a BMI of 18.5 to 24 kg/m2, those with BMIs of 40 to 44 kg/m2 and greater than 45 kg/m2 had relative risks of 2.68 (95% CI, 1.43 to 5.04) and 4.18 (CI, 2.12 to 8.26), respectively. This risk was most striking among those aged 60 years or younger and men. Increased risk for death associated with Black or Latino race/ethnicity or other sociodemographic characteristics was not detected.

some would do anything for health, but they wont do that, no they wont do that. (Apologies to musician named meatloaf)
You forgot to clarify what these odds ratios are for? I'm guessing Mortality? But we shouldn't have to guess. Without that being clear the table just doesn't mean anything

Yes, it is mortality. 'Forest plot of final adjusted risk factors for death in overall population (n = 6916).'

Setting
'a retrospective cohort study including all KPSC members diagnosed with COVID-19 by diagnostic codes ( Supplement ) or positive laboratory test results from 13 February to 2 May 2020,'