Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
now for some brilliant analysis, (not me) from twitter https://twitter.com/migga/status/1304573223682547712
upload_2020-9-17_8-47-39.png

start line day 0 is when each state crosses 10 local cases per day for wave 2.
Victoria's under investigation count keeps rising
NSW's under investigation count stays pegged low, even when daily cases rose.

one state lacked control at the very start, the other was holding the line.

26,807 Coronavirus Cases in Australia - COVID LIVE

now for some brilliant analysis, (not me) from twitter https://twitter.com/migga/status/1304573223682547712
View attachment 588944

start line day 0 is when each state crosses 10 local cases per day for wave 2.
Victoria's under investigation count keeps rising
NSW's under investigation count stays pegged low, even when daily cases rose.

one state lacked control at the very start, the other was holding the line.

26,807 Coronavirus Cases in Australia - COVID LIVE
At least it's not as bad as here in the US! Haha. Like you say, the key is effective contact tracing.
When I scroll down on Twitter I see BS about false positives. NSW did 25,902 tests with 9 positives, I suspect none of them were false (and even if they were that would be an extremely low false positive rate!).

On a happier, individually actionable note, a pre-print regarding a mouse-model analysis of keto diet vs Covid-19 mimic
https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.09.11.294363v1.full.pdf

• Natural MHV-A59 mouse coronavirus infection mimics COVID-19 in elderly.
  • Aged infected mice have systemic inflammation and inflammasome activation
  • Murine beta coronavirus (mCoV) infectionresults in loss of pulmonary γδ T cells.
  • Ketones protect aged mice from infection by reducing inflammation
upload_2020-9-17_10-50-14.png

note, its mice, not humans and it MHV mouse coronavirus-A59 (mCoV-A59) not SARS-CoV-2
upload_2020-9-17_10-52-46.png

• Love
Reactions: heltok
tldr,
there is a mouse coronavirus that can be dosed to 24 month (old mice) resulting in 100% fataliy by day 7 after dose, but when administered to 2 month (young mice) there are zero fatality by day 14.
They they get more old mice, put some on keto diet, and compare biology to old mice on usual mouse chow.
Old mice, Ketogenic diet mediated protection against infection damage in aging is coupled to inflammasome deactivation.
Keto old mice have some symptom effects (like O2 saturation) closer to young mouse than to usual chow old mice.

upload_2020-9-17_12-15-33.png
upload_2020-9-17_12-16-3.png

so the study further investigates how the biology differs.

edit to be clear, all the mice get infected, it just that the young or the keto (old) mice have a protective versus pathogenic inflammatory response of the old mice (usual diet)

Last edited:
Dr. Fauci may be taking 6,000 IU of Vitamin D, masks may help provide an asymptomatic immune response if infected because of the lower dose of virus.

But no one knows Dr. Fauci's D levels. I was taking 6,000 IU a day when I broke my arm a few months ago, because my D level was low and it was early Spring and I wasn't going out much with this stupid pandemic. Keep in mind that there can be toxicity from high levels of Vitamin D. Mostly revolving around hypercalcemia (high level of calcium in your blood). I've had kidney stones in the past and don't want that experience again. I only took the Vit D for 3 weeks but never followed up with any blood work for D level. I have been in the COSMOS study for several years and one of the ongoing requirements for that is to not take any Vit D supplements, so I stopped.

10 times the RDA isn't "large"? I mean I realize it's not 100 times the RDA but clearly larger than normal.

When I was treating truly deficient patients, it was not uncommon for me to prescribe the 50,000 IU "wafers" to be taken every few days.

6000 IU per day is something we would give to someone for 2-4 weeks usually when they had a low Vit D level, then have them continue on 1-2000 per day for a few months for later levels check.

RDA assumes you are not deficient, and if you are you really have to ramp up the amount given to "fill that hole".

• Informative
Reactions: madodel
6000 IU is . . . not a large Vit D dose. Anyone drawing any conclusion from that except "don't be Vit D deficient" is over-reaching.

Agreed. That's probably enough to get you between maybe 60 and 80 (ng/dl) which is a high normal level. Michael Hollick recommends 45 to 60 as a sweet spot well under any excess but probably close to ancient hunter-gatherer levels. An interesting question is at what level does the body start storing vitamin D because you have to assume that was the summertime level for hunter gatherers in the northern hemisphere. It looks like it's somewhere between 55 and 60, which might be thought of as a point where the physiologic tank is relatively full and the body has the luxury of stashing extra in fat. That suggests that a whole lot of set points were coordinated to that level. That way ancient humans could have adequate vitamin D during the winter. That's the level people should be shooting for in my opinion anyway. For folks who think that skin color is important, the evidence is its epiphenomenal to the auto regulation of vitamin D levels. In other words skin color evolved to match vitamin D requirements to latitude. In other words it's completely derivative. Of vitamin D. All this hoopla about the color of our skin and that's what it boils down to. Pretty good object lesson from science in my opinion.

Last edited:
10 times the RDA isn't "large"? I mean I realize it's not 100 times the RDA but clearly larger than normal.

Google Michael Hollick. You can get any number of his reviews online. 6000 international units is not a huge dose. And for people with severe chronic deficiency you wouldn't even want to start there. You'd start higher. That's a good medium-high dose for daily dosing

On a happier, individually actionable note, a pre-print regarding a mouse-model analysis of keto diet vs Covid-19 mimic
https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.09.11.294363v1.full.pdf

• Natural MHV-A59 mouse coronavirus infection mimics COVID-19 in elderly.
  • Aged infected mice have systemic inflammation and inflammasome activation
  • Murine beta coronavirus (mCoV) infectionresults in loss of pulmonary γδ T cells.
  • Ketones protect aged mice from infection by reducing inflammation
View attachment 588972

note, its mice, not humans and it MHV mouse coronavirus-A59 (mCoV-A59) not SARS-CoV-2
View attachment 588973

Ketosis is our ancestral natural metabolic state (look at breast fed babies too for example, even young kids produce ketones more frequently until they get older and their bodies get used to carb heavy diets) and better for everything, especially our immune systems... unfortunately most of the world is in an endless “glucosis” metabolic state

Hope everyone on this forum experiments going into nutritional ketosis at least once (Alternatively a good multi day fast can achieve ketosis too)

No way our ancestors spent much time in ketosis since they ate a lot of plant matter. It seems to me to be a temporary stress response to unusual conditions, not a state we evolved to stay in long term.

Sorry, but you are completely wrong here.

Our ancestors spent a TON of time in ketosis (which simply is an easy way to say they were hungry a good part of the time).

Literally, our bodies are built metabolically to spend a large portion of our lives in ketosis. It's why our brain chemistry has adapted to be able to run on ketone bodies. It's also why we are so super damn efficient at storing calories. Our bodies went through long feast / famine cycles that we had to adapt to, or die.

Reactions: jerry33 and dfwatt
Sorry, but you are completely wrong here.

Our ancestors spent a TON of time in ketosis (which simply is an easy way to say they were hungry a good part of the time).

Literally, our bodies are built metabolically to spend a large portion of our lives in ketosis. It's why our brain chemistry has adapted to be able to run on ketone bodies. It's also why we are so super damn efficient at storing calories. Our bodies went through long feast / famine cycles that we had to adapt to, or die.
Correct. Except for the last few thousand years (and not in every location), our ancestors were hunter/gatherers. Living that kind of lifestyle means spending most of the day looking for food.

If they were hungry a good part of the time that means they weren't getting enough food and were losing weight most of the time and wouldn't survive. Ketosis takes a few days to a week to kick in, you think our ancestors were going without food most of the time? Doesn't make sense.

If they were hungry a good part of the time that means they weren't getting enough food and were losing weight most of the time and wouldn't survive. Ketosis takes a few days to a week to kick in, you think our ancestors were going without food most of the time? Doesn't make sense.

Ketosis starts as soon as 12 or so hours of fasting. This concept is the entire mechanism by which the Intermittent Fasting diet is based upon.