Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does this one have staying power...

1nQaolA.jpg

Fingers crossed still ...

JwEtOEv.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: jerry33 and madodel
Really rapidly turning into a common cold. Just as predicted. 🙄

View attachment 1018924
Yeah I just got it for a second time this past week. I probably would have been in trouble if I was a bit older with less physiologic reserve. First 2 nights my blood pressure was hanging out in the 80s/50s and heart rate in the 140s and I was too nauseous to actually get any fluid intake to try to improve that. I definitely would have bought myself an admission if I decided to go to the ER. Really had any of my family called me with the same presentation asking for advice I would have made them go to the ER.

Minimal respiratory symptoms this time oddly enough, but the hemodynamic effects were impressive.

Yeah I just got it for a second time this past week. I probably would have been in trouble if I was a bit older with less physiologic reserve. First 2 nights my blood pressure was hanging out in the 80s/50s and heart rate in the 140s and I was too nauseous to actually get any fluid intake to try to improve that. I definitely would have bought myself an admission if I decided to go to the ER. Really had any of my family called me with the same presentation asking for advice I would have made them go to the ER.

Minimal respiratory symptoms this time oddly enough, but the hemodynamic effects were impressive.
Yeah, it's not quite the common cold yet for everyone.

When did you get it the first time?

Still not sure why people will think it will mutate to become like “the common cold”. You never hear people expecting that of the flu.

In any case, it is possible it will eventually mutate enough that it’s not detected by current tests (after all the current tests don’t cross react with non covid coronaviruses). But these things are generally tracked and a different test with the new markers would be rolled out pretty quickly.

When was your last vax?
That was a bit before my first infection, though I don't remember the exact date. But it's been too long in general. I had been meaning to get a booster for a while, but kept putting it off (I know I react pretty strongly to the vaccines so I was trying to time it for a long weekend and that sorta thing). So definitely some fault with me.

Probably should just be getting yearly boosters. Even for those of us who are of the age / gender with increased risk of myocarditis, the risk of myocarditis with covid itself is much higher.

That was a bit before my first infection, though I don't remember the exact date. But it's been too long in general. I had been meaning to get a booster for a while, but kept putting it off (I know I react pretty strongly to the vaccines so I was trying to time it for a long weekend and that sorta thing). So definitely some fault with me.

Probably should just be getting yearly boosters. Even for those of us who are of the age / gender with increased risk of myocarditis, the risk of myocarditis with covid itself is much higher.
Perhaps try Novavax?

>>>>
And, some good news
I got the Novavax last week. mRNA vaccines have consistently given me 48 hours of terrible side effects. So, I was crossing all my fingers and toes that it wouldn’t be the case with Novavax. And guess what?! NOT ONE SIDE EFFECT. Heck yes. If you’re in the same boat as me, try Novavax. You may have the same luck.
<<<<<
Via: State of Affairs: Oct 31
“Your Local Epidemiologist (YLE)” is written by Dr. Katelyn Jetelina, MPH Ph.D.—an epidemiologist...

• Informative
Reactions: madodel