Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cory Johnson: Perpetual $TSLA Cynic?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What a tool. In this video he claims Tesla is losing money on every car they sell. The other reporter tries to stick up for Elon and he just keeps bashing and then starts lying about Tesla

Breaking Down the Costs of Musk's Hyperloop: Video - Bloomberg

What a scumbag. The conversation is about the Hyperloop and he finds a way to interject about Tesla losing money on each car, complete with infographic.

Edit: oops I just rewrote your same comment pretty much. But still, CJ is a dirtbag

Oh right this guy. 100% ignorant. I stopped watching after he said if it's on the freeway.... you can't do maintenance on it. I'm sorry what? There are road construction guys doing work on the freeway right now. MTA does maintenance all the time on NYC subways. Ignorant.

To make matters worse. He's actually already met Elon. Elon took him for a ride in a Roadster. H

Oh right this guy. 100% ignorant. I stopped watching after he said if it's on the freeway.... you can't do maintenance on it. I'm sorry what? There are road construction guys doing work on the freeway right now. MTA does maintenance all the time on NYC subways. Ignorant.

To make matters worse. He's actually already met Elon. Elon took him for a ride in a Roadster. H

But he relies on what "a professor" told him. Can't be wrong. ;)

I thought you guys were being a bit harsh. After watching that video I think you are all being soft!

I am not great with twitter, just started using it, but I wish someone would tweet him the link for this board so that he and all his followers and see the feedback we're giving on his crappy reporting...I just hope in 2-3 years when it is clear to the masses (not just us) that Tesla is a profitable automaker mass producing electric vehicles that he owns up and apologizes for all his disinformation he gives out now on Tesla.

I am not great with twitter, just started using it, but I wish someone would tweet him the link for this board so that he and all his followers and see the feedback we're giving on his crappy reporting...I just hope in 2-3 years when it is clear to the masses (not just us) that Tesla is a profitable automaker mass producing electric vehicles that he owns up and apologizes for all his disinformation he gives out now on Tesla.

In my book, an apology down the road would not exonerate him. He is deliberately spreading misinformation for some personal agenda. I'm fine with critics as long as they do their research and present arguments in a fair and reasonable manner. He's supposed to be an unbiased reporter, however he clearly lacks integrity so, frankly, that makes him bad at his job... I hope he gets fired.

During the Hyperloop announcements the video of Cory and Elon driving in the roadster resurfaced as "new news" on Bloomberg. This is a very old video and was a blatant attempt at drawing clicks to their website. Its a shame that news is all about clicks now. That's all Cory Johnson is after.

How do they maintain trolley cars in San Francisco or light rails in Seattle running down the middle of the street? I'm seriously impressed in those machines that clearly have been running without maintenance since they were build in the middle of the road...

Seriously though the idea is to build the hyperloop on pylons in the median, this should actually make maintenance fairly straightforward.

Cory is a former hedge fund manager and might still have friends who run hedge funds. Wikipedia notes that he was an analyst who focused on value investing, short selling and forensic accounting. That seems to indicate he is a quant and is likely to overlook potential ten-baggers that disrupt established industries. Oil and gas were among the sectors he analyzed. One must wonder if at some point he developed a grudge against Elon Musk. He seems to tense up whenever he starts to castigate Tesla Motors. Apparently he has vested so much in negativism that he will never allow himself to admit the potential for the company’s success.

Last edited:
Cory's newest inaccurate criticism tweeted today:

Cory Johnson@CoryTV3h
The NHTSA says $TSLA Model S is safe. Safe as the Audi A4, Cadillac ATS, Chevy Camero, Ford Focus, Honda Accord, Kia Optima, Subaru...

My response (I know I know, just leave it be. But he is attempting to maliciously misinform people!):

Robot Grease@RobotGrease7m
@CoryTV oh Cory, give it a rest. Everyone knows you have it out for $TSLA. Couldn't hide it if you tried. Lost all credibility. @elonmusk

Its funny cause when the safety rating came out a few days ago, i thought about tweeting it over to him and saying something along the lines of "Cory Johnson reports Tesla fails to achieve perfect score". But I figured that would just be antagonistic. Well, looks like I was right, he really does attempt to spin everything Tesla into a negative, no matter how desperate it looks. :rolleyes:

Cory's newest inaccurate criticism tweeted today:

Cory Johnson@CoryTV3h
The NHTSA says $TSLA Model S is safe. Safe as the Audi A4, Cadillac ATS, Chevy Camero, Ford Focus, Honda Accord, Kia Optima, Subaru...

My response (I know I know, just leave it be. But he is attempting to maliciously misinform people!):

Robot Grease@RobotGrease7m
@CoryTV oh Cory, give it a rest. Everyone knows you have it out for $TSLA. Couldn't hide it if you tried. Lost all credibility. @elonmusk

Its funny cause when the safety rating came out a few days ago, i thought about tweeting it over to him and saying something along the lines of "Cory Johnson reports Tesla fails to achieve perfect score". But I figured that would just be antagonistic. Well, looks like I was right, he really does attempt to spin everything Tesla into a negative, no matter how desperate it looks. :rolleyes:

Corey is a bum and probably losing money somehow on TSLA going up. It's Darwin's rule at its finest in that this is a redistribution of wealth (power) from idiots like Corey to smarter people like us who have foresight of the big picture and to think outside the box and be long TSLA.

Cory was at it again today. Four BREAKING tweets during a few minutes regarding already discounted FUD about California ZEV credits. TSLA dove during those minutes as Bloomberg viewers sold, giving his short pals time to cover before cooler heads pushed it back up. He never tweeted today's big news about AAPL's Doug Field being hired by TSLA. Cory's tweets: https://twitter.com/CoryTV

- - - Updated - - -

An unusual moment of journalistic fairness. Now Cory tweets: BREAKING: Calif. board tables cut of Tesla's ZEV credits, promises to revisit within a year

Cory was at it again today. Four BREAKING tweets during a few minutes regarding already discounted FUD about California ZEV credits. TSLA dove during those minutes as Bloomberg viewers sold, giving his short pals time to cover before cooler heads pushed it back up. He never tweeted today's big news about AAPL's Doug Field being hired by TSLA. Cory's tweets: https://twitter.com/CoryTV

- - - Updated - - -

An unusual moment of journalistic fairness. Now Cory tweets: BREAKING: Calif. board tables cut of Tesla's ZEV credits, promises to revisit within a year

This is too funny, I can't believe there is a whole thread about this, I thought I was the only one who noticed how bent that guy is about Tesla! Just last week I tweeted Emily Chang his cohost on BloomWest see if she would flat out ask him on air why he doesn't like Tesla. I guess if he is really a quant guy he can still argue that TSLA's valuation is crazy (which it loudly is on a fundamental basis), but he is clearly biased and anti Tesla for some reason beyond that. Oh well, just noise, too bad though, BloomWest is a really good show for the most part.