Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO Experience/Process December 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 365756 View attachment 365757 So this is my first experience in the car. I have to make a service appointment in my first ten minutes of driving the car. Waiting for them to call me to set up a time now. Fantastic.

The TPMS batteries die sometimes, but is the tire pressure good if checked manually? Maybe they can fix it while they do the steering recall

How's the rest of the car mechanically? AP work ok?

RobertManning, I feel your pain. I managed to drive 100 miles before my MCU completely failed.

No climate control, no radio, no back up camera, no autopilot, no charging (except supercharging), no mobile app access, etc.

I was 250 miles from home when that happened. Then the car was gone for 10 days while Tesla replaced the MCU (fortunately covered by warranty). Was given an Enterprise loaner, a 2019 Impala LT.

ouch! how old/MY was the Tesla? Did they do a good job fixing everything? Atleast the MS has dual display, imagine having this happen in M3?

ouch! how old/MY was the Tesla? Did they do a good job fixing everything? Atleast the MS has dual display, imagine having this happen in M3?

It's a 2014 P85. According to the service center this is actually the second MCU they've had to put in this one.
I guess it depends on how you define good... The screen now works and looks fine, but the silver trim at the top left corner of the bezel has been pinched and permanently creased because of it.

• Informative
Reactions: vickh
It's a 2014 P85. According to the service center this is actually the second MCU they've had to put in this one.
I guess it depends on how you define good... The screen now works and looks fine, but the silver trim at the top left corner of the bezel has been pinched and permanently creased because of it.

Are they going to fix the bezel? Any pics(don't go through any trouble if not)?

Well, I just picked up my Tesla and on my way home a tire pressure warning came up on the screen and now I’m stopped at a GAS station waiting for them to call me back as they remotely try to see what the problem is. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

hey rob

hows it going with your tesla after a full day?

latest update on my used tesla:
spoke DS today and she is still trying to find out the status on the title?! i have a scheduled pick up date of sunday at 10am.
i have a bad feeling its not happening. been almost 3 weeks and they still dont have a title!!!!

hey rob

spoke DS today and she is still trying to find out the status on the title?! i have a scheduled pick up date of sunday at 10am.
i have a bad feeling its not happening. been almost 3 weeks and they still dont have a title!!!!

A lot of people here have said they took possession w/o title. Some even got to the point that their temp tags were expiring and their DMV wouldn't renew w/o title. Search CPO for details.

A lot of people here have said they took possession w/o title. Some even got to the point that their temp tags were expiring and their DMV wouldn't renew w/o title. Search CPO for details.

yea i tried to explain that to my DS and she explained it was a new rule/law. doubt its a law....that tesla cannot sell a car without the title anymore. i think its a load of BS

Are they going to fix the bezel? Any pics(don't go through any trouble if not)?

I haven’t asked yet, but likely will when I ask them to fix one of my door handles that has the entry light going out.

Attachments

• 62820C3D-2C35-41C8-A9F1-EF6B41559FCD.jpeg
    62820C3D-2C35-41C8-A9F1-EF6B41559FCD.jpeg
    257.3 KB · Views: 67
hey rob

Tesla service called this morning and they said they are going to update the tire sensors to the new system instead of repairing the current one free of charge and they apologized for the trouble. So that’s a positive. Also, the car said it had fog lights but that’s not showing up in the car so they are researching why. Probably have to have that addressed when I take it in for the tire sensor problem.

Aside from the problems, like everyone says, the car is like nothing else. The kids (3 and 5 years old) looked at the roof and let out an audible ooooohhhh.

Don’t know if you’re coming from an electric car, but it is disorienting coming from a regular car. Sometimes I felt like I was moving and I wasn’t, but obviously I’ll get used to that.

Going to do a supercharger stop tomorrow so I’ll let you know how that goes.

We didn’t get an autopilot car because we didn’t think we would use and after driving for a day, we wouldn’t use it BUT we should have gotten autopilot for the adaptive cruise control and blind spot warnings.

We definitely won’t buy a non-electric car in the future. Will it be a Tesla? I hope so. But I think only time and service experience will determine that decision.

Rob

hey rob

I thought you said you were financing the car? If you are paying cash they they would have to have the title, but I picked up my car yesterday (financed through my credit union) and they did not have the title. They have to provide the credit union with the title. You can contact the DMV to see if your situation is true, but it wasn’t true for me.

Rob, I have 3 y.o too Maybe I should move my deposit over to a pano roof too ;) Although I'm not sure if it'll be fun in the AZ summer. Keep us posted as to if the repairs make you "whole"
Definitely don’t get the roof just cuz of the little one especially in Arizona. It’s freezing here in NYC so I may have to buy the sunscreens for the summer.

Make sure to check the car seat latches when you pick up your car. Our car seats are fine but I can’t find the top LATCH hook and I don’t know if the earlier models didn’t have them or I don’t know where they are.

I decided against the pano roof, I’m in Florida. We have had sun roofs in almost all our cars and I can count on one hand how many times we opened them. I have a Jag with large sun roof and I keep the shade closed most all the time due to heat differences. It might hurt the reale value but I bought used anyways and that was really a consideration to me.

I decided against the pano roof, I’m in Florida. We have had sun roofs in almost all our cars and I can count on one hand how many times we opened them. I have a Jag with large sun roof and I keep the shade closed most all the time due to heat differences. It might hurt the reale value but I bought used anyways and that was really a consideration to me.
I'm originally from Florida so I get it. Never had a sunroof in Florida or when I lived in Los Angeles. New York gets pretty hot in the summer so I have to see how that works out.