Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO Model S January Timeline

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got this message from my Sales Advisor after pestering her with news update on my car status:
"The vehicle will be back from the body shop on the 12th so next week we should have a delivery window"
Fingers crossed to hear positive news for a delivery date.

Good news for today, car is officially done with CPO process, shipping from SLC to Tempe, AZ to arrive Monday 2/19 with tentative deliver on Wednesday 2/21 so nearly right at the 6 week mark. Now I just have to hope there are no problems with final inspection.

I was advised today that my car is on a truck now with arrival to the SC on Saturday. Delivery is scheduled for Tuesday. That will be 36 days from order to delivery. There are 3 items listed on the inspection form that are listed as "due bill" due to parts being back ordered. I am glad they went ahead and now will just have to go back at some point to get them installed, with the chance of a fun loaner.

Reactions: king_rubin
Took delivery today; Car isn't perfect but overall great shape for a 42k miles car.
Some issues noted:
  • One piece of trim behind the rear driver side window is not sitting too flush.
  • Minor rock chips, nothing significant, only one wheel had about 3 chips others seemed nearly perfect.
  • Fog light was scratched, asked to be added to Due bill.
  • At highway noise there seems to be some rattling coming from the driver side dashboard, Have an appointment this Friday to drive with a tech and show them the noise.
  • They did not install the 4G LTE upgrade that I asked them to do, however now that I am using 3G, not sure how much I want it anymore.. will drive it a little and decide.
  • Tires have a few thousand miles left in them, not more than that, was kind of hoping to have new tires.
  • Some squeaking from windows / handles when the doors are shut.. I am not sure how common that is.
The car itself is amazing, drives like a bullet and I got the sense from Tesla that they will fix anything that is not meeting my satisfaction.

I had an appointment for today to pick up my car. Was told last night that there is a problem even though it passed inspection weeks ago. Now with my work schedule, I won’t be able to pick up my car until Sunday.

This whole process is eroding my excitement.

Took delivery today; Car isn't perfect but overall great shape for a 42k miles car.
Some issues noted:
  • One piece of trim behind the rear driver side window is not sitting too flush.
  • Minor rock chips, nothing significant, only one wheel had about 3 chips others seemed nearly perfect.
  • Fog light was scratched, asked to be added to Due bill.
  • At highway noise there seems to be some rattling coming from the driver side dashboard, Have an appointment this Friday to drive with a tech and show them the noise.
  • They did not install the 4G LTE upgrade that I asked them to do, however now that I am using 3G, not sure how much I want it anymore.. will drive it a little and decide.
  • Tires have a few thousand miles left in them, not more than that, was kind of hoping to have new tires.
  • Some squeaking from windows / handles when the doors are shut.. I am not sure how common that is.
The car itself is amazing, drives like a bullet and I got the sense from Tesla that they will fix anything that is not meeting my satisfaction.

New to the forum. Am intently monitoring the various websites in search of a P85(D) CPO car. Actually missed two great lease returns this week by minutes. Hit “Submit” on the $1K deposit only to get an error message. Refreshed the page and the car disappeared. :( No matter, another suitable one will come soon I’m sure.
I’m very interested in seeing others report out on condition of the car at delivery like you have @aromasca. Condition of the paint and seats are my top concerns. Also, what will they agree to fix from your punch list? Thanks I’m advance! Looking forward to being an MS owner.

Whatever you do, stay patient in finding and receiving the car. Expect delays and problems upon delivery. Tesla almost always comes through with customer concerns. You just have to give them lots of time and forgive their lack of communication. Dont be in a rush.

I put a deposit down on a 2013 MS on 01/25. Have been doing additional research online regarding the CPO process and am now terrified. Has anyone walked away from a CPO delivery after seeing their vehicle in less than acceptable condition? I've been experiencing the same lack of communication and follow through from my rep.