Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO Prices

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I bought my 13 CPO p85 two and a half years ago, I thought it was fairly priced and a good deal at $56K. Immediately starting looking for my next great car (p85d), and thought no way due to price. Now I see no less than six p85 d’s For under $65K. Several s85’s for more than that. Anyone know what is going on with CPO pricing? Very challenging to follow the logic.

Maybe lease residuals were set unrealistically high?

Prices are coming down but still a bit elevated. The negative is that a few well priced ‘used’vehicles I’ve inquired about and received pics on were just not loved - scraped up bumpers, dings and dents, and just used and abused interior. One would think the lease return customer was charged for the damages so this appears to be an opportunity to either recoup against higher than market residual or pure profit taking.

Vs an M5 or E63 I'd be a lot less worried about mileage on a Tesla with a VIN after 50k. especially considering the 8 year unlimited mileage warranty on the powertrain.

But ok, here's one for $3k more with 13k miles and a full warranty.
85 kWh Performance Model S 5YJSA1H20EFP64957 | Tesla

Not “powertrain”. Just drive unit and battery. That leaves some parts like the axles not covered...

They are holding cars at dealers to get higher prices. I saw 6 cars being held at local place. He said, no hurry to get them on sale. Flooding market drives down prices. The old saying. Supply and demand.
Why buy CPO? Not worth the extra 5k . I bought off internet, saved 10k off cpo. You can deal on private sale. Not on cpo. You can fly out to get it, save 1k. I flew to Atlanta. Drove to D.C.. then home. It was exciting the first week.
Hint. Watch every Youtube video before you pick it up. Makes first day very easy.

Must be doing this for the Canadian market too. I only see two Model S cars for sale on the website. Surely Tesla has more then 2 used Model S cars in the inventory for sale. Makes it hard to know what the Tesla stock is without calling the dealership.