Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cross Country Rally to TMC Connect 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am considering the option of driving to TMC Connect 2014 and then flying back and transporting my car via truck. I imagine if there are others that would prefer this option that we could negotiate a group rate, especially if we have several cars going to the same areas (we could have them drop our cars off at the service centers, for example.)

Anyone else interested in this option?

Andrew

I am considering the option of driving to TMC Connect 2014 and then flying back and transporting my car via truck. I imagine if there are others that would prefer this option that we could negotiate a group rate, especially if we have several cars going to the same areas (we could have them drop our cars off at the service centers, for example.)

Andrew

Andrew

We should DEFINITELY keep this on the table as an option. With a 5 day (rough I know) drive out and back, plus the event - that would require 2 weeks off!

If we did ship our cars back, we could take more time to get out there...

Aaron

It might be handy - we can wait and see if people will take me up on the offer of a bbq at my place.

Warning to all! My house may be under major remodel :). But the deck, swimming pool, grill, bathroom, and charging options will all be working just fine.

Sounds good to me! It's only 12 hours of driving from Seattle. You might end up with a whole lot of Seattle-ites in your backyard.

Andrew

I was considering this option also.

I think I will have 2 friends driving out west with me, but one might have to fly back depending on how much time off of work she can get. Then again, seeing different parts of the country on the way back would be fun.

Andrew

Great idea. I would definitely be interested in this! Oh well there goes my gas savings!

If people are planning on spending the evening in the Sacramento area (Folsom supercharger, Roseville if it's up and running), I'm happy to host a bbq at my place. Just let me know if that works out. I'm in Loomis, just off of I-80.

- - - Updated - - -

I've got a 14-50 outlet and can have my Roadster HPC 70amp wired and in place (but you'd need an adapter). Plenty of options in the vicinity.

Bonnie you rock!!!

If people are planning on spending the evening in the Sacramento area (Folsom supercharger, Roseville if it's up and running), I'm happy to host a bbq at my place. Just let me know if that works out. I'm in Loomis, just off of I-80.

- - - Updated - - -

I've got a 14-50 outlet and can have my Roadster HPC 70amp wired and in place (but you'd need an adapter). Plenty of options in the vicinity.

Can non-cross country and relatively 'local' (SF Bay Area) members join the festivities at your place Thursday (...and happy to chip in $$)?

Thursday the 17th makes sense. Then everyone can get to TMC Connect at their leisure on the 18th.
Sounds good to me.

In 2013, there was an adhoc-ish Tesla shuttle service to pick up people at the airport. Assuming they are "Connect folk", it might be fun to shuttle people to bonnie's (first) rather than directly to their hotel(s).

Do you want folks to register in some way or just show up with some food/drink item?