Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cross Country Rally to TMC Connect 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fantastic, I have the S adapter, so we are all set there!

Peter

OK, the Roadster to S adapter reserves you a room at my house!

I am hoping that with enough superchargers, we won't even have to be charging overnight!

Aaron

I agree that it may not be worth it to go out of your way to do overnight charges, but even 10 or 15 minutes saved is a help on a long trip. If you left Boulder with a full, over-night, range charge, then you could probably skip Silverthorne (or just stop for a token charge). If the group is large that morning leaving Boulder, some could do a minimal charge in Silverthorne and head straight to Glenwood, doing a longer charge there, while others do a longer charge in Silverthorne, to do a maximum total charge rate for the convoy that morning!

Aaron and others,

Not sure if you saw the article posted by Sparky in the Supercharger thread with a map of a cross country route. Not sure if this is the planned Elon end of the year road trip route. This map could possibly be used for some early planning for the Teslive 2014 East Coast trip .

(btw, I did post somewhere, I have interest in participating, if there is a updated list someplace.)

Building the 21st century transcontinental railroad

map.jpg

Something to keep an eye on: there are 3 in my neck o the woods Blanding & Moab UT and Grand Junction CO that I have never seen on any SC plan to date, including the TM website map. Which, now that i think of it, has been my only source. :smile: If I get down there in the next couple of months or so I'll look into it.
Makes me wonder though if this map (above) is for real.

also that leg down into AZ - Blanding to Flagstaff - 248 miles. Seems like it would have to be the longest leg of the journey. Maybe too long considering the many hills (mountains) and the possibility of severe cooold. ML

Last edited:
road trip to TMC Connect

All -

Time to start the planning for our Cross Country trip out to TMC Connect this July!

Although I'm a *little* preoccupied with getting @TeslaRoadTrip 2014 organized ;-)

Lets start planning!

Aaron

Time to start planning the trip out from the East Coast with others joining along the way!

Who can help?! I'm a bit preoccupied with @TeslaRoadTrip 2014, but can sneak some time into planning this and after the event will have a lot more time!

Aaron

I'm planning to join the caravan as it passes through the Denver area, and can offer a pair of 50A 14-50 sockets for any S60 or R drivers who need a bit of help to get over the Divide. I'm in north Broomfield, about 4 miles off I-25, 90 miles from the Cheyenne SC and 87 miles from the Silverthorne SC.

Of course, we really don't know what the Supercharger network might look like by mid-July, but my best guess is that Denver will still be on the favored route.

If people are planning on spending the evening in the Sacramento area (Folsom supercharger, Roseville if it's up and running), I'm happy to host a bbq at my place. Just let me know if that works out. I'm in Loomis, just off of I-80.

- - - Updated - - -

I've got a 14-50 outlet and can have my Roadster HPC 70amp wired and in place (but you'd need an adapter). Plenty of options in the vicinity.

Sounds good all...

I'll Start making a list of everyone interested, where they will be joining in and people offering up homes/places to meet for socializing & Charging!

I will start officially coordinating once @TeslaRoadTrip 2014 is behind us... Still so much to do!
I will also ask my fellow planners if we can add to our website a section for the cross country trip to TMC Connect!

@TeslaRoadTrip 2014 – “All Superchargers Lead to DCâ€￾

I'm really excited! I've never driven across the country!

Aaron

I've got a 14-50 outlet and can have my Roadster HPC 70amp wired and in place (but you'd need an adapter). Plenty of options in the vicinity.

I have the Tesla built Roadster to Model S adapter, used it quite a few times, and it works well. I am sure I can get it to you if you think you would like one to have on hand. Now that the SC network is building out, I don't use it much anymore and would be glad to share.

I will be in Sacramento on the 4th... Let me know if you think it would be worth while.

I have the Tesla built Roadster to Model S adapter, used it quite a few times, and it works well. I am sure I can get it to you if you think you would like one to have on hand. Now that the SC network is building out, I don't use it much anymore and would be glad to share.

I will be in Sacramento on the 4th... Let me know if you think it would be worth while.

It might be handy - we can wait and see if people will take me up on the offer of a bbq at my place.

Warning to all! My house may be under major remodel :). But the deck, swimming pool, grill, bathroom, and charging options will all be working just fine.