Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Morning update—charged great and based on the suggestion here and sleeping on it, the name Ironclad stuck:) FWIW the delivery tech had two interesting tidbits…
1) they are building the largest Tesla Showroom and Service Center in Bloomington to rival the largest BMW dealership
2) my neighbor who was thinking about buying a Tesla (and was surprised it took two months to get this—must not have been shopping for cars recently…) came over while the tech was here and I mentioned the website now says November. The tech then corrected me and said highly likely you order now it won’t be delivered until next year. One data point FWIW and I’ve NEVER gotten an accurate delivery date, but I was even surprised by it, especially with Giga Austin coming up….

I don't care about the EV rebates as I think it's BS for the government to subsidize a $50k+ car. A small rebate for electrical connections I am good with as would help with people DIY and burning down their houses. $10k per car is not something our country needs to be doing right now.
I'm all for reigning in spending. Just want to clarify that it would (unlikely as it may be) be a tax CREDIT, not a subsidy.

The government just wouldn't take as much from you, nobody is getting a check from a discretionary spending 302b budget line.

If you're already getting a rebate, this won't make it bigger.

So the bottom line is they would take less from you, not pay you to have an EV.

Last edited:
Morning update—charged great and based on the suggestion here and sleeping on it, the name Ironclad stuck:) FWIW the delivery tech had two interesting tidbits…
1) they are building the largest Tesla Showroom and Service Center in Bloomington to rival the largest BMW dealership
2) my neighbor who was thinking about buying a Tesla (and was surprised it took two months to get this—must not have been shopping for cars recently…) came over while the tech was here and I mentioned the website now says November. The tech then corrected me and said highly likely you order now it won’t be delivered until next year. One data point FWIW and I’ve NEVER gotten an accurate delivery date, but I was even surprised by it, especially with Giga Austin coming up….
Wow that's wild! Man I hope I take delivery in August. I like the name.

I assume you're talking Bloomington MN? Is that BMW dealership nearby that large, I always see it but never noticed it's size.

I'm all for reigning in spending. Just want to clarify that it would (unlikely as it may be) be a tax CREDIT, not a subsidy.

The government just wouldn't take as much from you, nobody is getting a check from a discretionary spending 302b budget line.

If you're already getting a rebate, this won't make it bigger.

So the bottom line is they would take less from you, not pay you to have an EV.
True, however one way or the other we need to tighten our purse strings.

Since everyone is talking about the packages just staring at them, mine is the NEMA 14-50 I had installed. It is just like a face just staring at me every time I enter the garage. And the worst part of it, it talks smack to me "Hey, when you going to use me?" and then worst one, "You don't have to wait anymore, I work well with others. Just let me do my job, I hate seeing you like that"

That supportive manipulative SOB
Is that your NEMA talking or some other girl? 😂

Wow that's wild! Man I hope I take delivery in August. I like the name.

I assume you're talking Bloomington MN? Is that BMW dealership nearby that large, I always see it but never noticed it's size.
That’s the one on 494 and 35W. I never thought it was that big either (but definitely noticeable and prominently located!). Hope you get yours in August as well.

Reactions: drivethefuture
I did not. Test drove a Y about a year ago in Houston. Have had almost zero communication from my SA. Glad to see yours held today. Will be interesting to see what the other person in TX who seemed to be tracking with us yesterday has to say today.
I was tracking with y'all yesterday, but my dates pushed back 2 weeks again. 25 Aug to 14 Sept again.