Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys need your inputs here...I am eyeing on a used 2018 model S 75D for Tesla's website which has 40k miles on it(Price is around $59k). Any experience/pitfalls on buying used tesla's and if i should be concerned regarding battery warranty that expires on 2026? Thanks
Nearly 100k miles on my S, she'll be 7 years old in December. The problems I've had are all minor and none caused drive-ability issues. Still drives like new and honestly one of the most gorgeous, timeless cars around. People are stunned when I tell them ours is as old as it is.
I am getting a NEMA 14-50 plug installed in my garage on Monday. I ordered the adapter for the mobile connector so that should be fine for me. One of the locations is by an HEB and they don't ever appear to be busy, at least the 100 times I have driven past to drool over the cars parked there.
Sh1t! These don't come with the cars anymore, do they? Wonder if I can sneak in holding onto mine when I trade in my Model 3.
He took it off hold July 6th so he actually hasn’t been “waiting” that long
You mean my order date from 18 months ago doesn't count? :p

Yup pretty much the email confirming it is what I have been going off. Let me find mine, it's may 5th when my trade in went through etc. So may 5th was my completion date with trade in.
Ah, okay. This is the second time I'll have updated the mileage for my trade-in, but the only confirmation I ever got was that new value. I've never seen anything indicating that the order has changed in any way besides that.

Reactions: josh62294
Yup pretty much the email confirming it is what I have been going off. Let me find mine, it's may 5th when my trade in went through etc. So may 5th was my completion date with trade in.

Hey Josh,
I'm catching up on this super active thread. Your situation is really frustrating and I completely understand your desire to call it off. I hope that you have the ability to wait just a little longer (or that your delivery magically appears!) because all of my "O.G." Tesla friends that also have a Y say it's the greatest. My core group of friends, maybe about 10 of us, have a collective 50 years and a million miles of Tesla experience. And, ehhem, 1200 unique super chargers visited thanks to one diehard. (I'm at a measly 257).

Good luck!

Hey Josh,
I'm catching up on this super active thread. Your situation is really frustrating and I completely understand your desire to call it off. I hope that you have the ability to wait just a little longer (or that your delivery magically appears!) because all of my "O.G." Tesla friends that also have a Y say it's the greatest. My core group of friends, maybe about 10 of us, have a collective 50 years and a million miles of Tesla experience. And, ehhem, 1200 unique super chargers visited thanks to one diehard. (I'm at a measly 257).

Good luck!
Ohhh I know the Y is the best car Tesla sells in my opinion. I am 6'4" and the issue with my model 3 is my son (still in a rear facing car seat) can not sit behind me. It won't fit.
The model Y plenty of room. All around for the price, range, versatility, the model Y is great.
However I planned an entire vacation in October around the model Y. Was assured I'd have it. Now they don't know.
Tempted to order the performance but I would be throwing money out the window because my LR Y is locked in at 50,990. The performance is literally 10k more. Can I justify that for slightly faster and less range? Idk

What are you seeing for accuracy on estimated delivery times? I completed my profile back on 05/15. Was originally told 6/27-6/30. I recently had to redo my trade in validation and after that it moved my estimated date to 9/18-9/30. Is that accurate?

Ohhh I know the Y is the best car Tesla sells in my opinion. I am 6'4" and the issue with my model 3 is my son (still in a rear facing car seat) can not sit behind me. It won't fit.
The model Y plenty of room. All around for the price, range, versatility, the model Y is great.
However I planned an entire vacation in October around the model Y. Was assured I'd have it. Now they don't know.
Tempted to order the performance but I would be throwing money out the window because my LR Y is locked in at 50,990. The performance is literally 10k more. Can I justify that for slightly faster and less range? Idk

Yeah, super frustrating. I know I wouldn't be able to justify the P upgrade but it sounds like an option. Hopefully October is still a possibility. Never underestimate the end of quarter push in Sept. I'm a whopping 5'1, and my better half is 5'7" on a good day so our rear facing car seat works fine in the 3. Our tot is tracking to be as tiny as we are so by my calculation, will be in a rear-facing seat until he's approximately 15.

We were "assured" there would be a supercharger built in Pennsylvania that would allow us to visit my husbands' parents by the end of 2014. It didn't actually happen until January of 2016 if I'm not mistaken. So here we were trying to prove the viability of this new fangled electric car worth more than their house... but having to borrow their gas car, drive to a L2 charger, leave it over night, and return to retrieve it before making the trip home. Fun times...

Nearly 100k miles on my S, she'll be 7 years old in December. The problems I've had are all minor and none caused drive-ability issues. Still drives like new and honestly one of the most gorgeous, timeless cars around. People are stunned when I tell them ours is as old as it is.

Sh1t! These don't come with the cars anymore, do they? Wonder if I can sneak in holding onto mine when I trade in my Model 3.

You mean my order date from 18 months ago doesn't count? :p
Thanks. The only thing I am worried is that it is indicating that the car was previously in accident on the front end..it was repaired though and hope Tesla’s inspection and repair process is as good as big brands

Reactions: PhillyGal
It’s my understanding and also listed on the Tesla website that all Model 3/Y vehicles come with the adapter.
They come with the mobile charger and an adapter for regular 110V outlets. You still need to purchase the $45 14-50 adapter. It wasn’t included with our new Model S in 2019 but the 14-50 adapter was $35 back then.

Hey Josh,

Good luck!
I just hit the "follow" button. you inspire me! lets be friends!!

Everyone Is saying, that when the date switches like that, is because your Vin number is about to appear. Mine is on May 28, yours should be just around the corner. I should have a Vin number, but this Saturday just hold off for just a few more days you’re almost there.
I'm a 19 May order. MY LR
7 seat
20" wheels
white //Black interior
Trailer hitch
Latest EDD 19 Aug to 1 Sept. EDD changes daily and not in a good way.

All these stories about trade ins expiring and then edd’s pushed back. Clearly there’s a glitch in Tesla’s system. I would recommend to anyone considering trading in, to only add it to your profile after you have a vin.
Also financing users, wait until your within 30-60 days and then contact Tesla to have them switch it from a cash purchase to avoid your loan terms and application expiring.

Order for white/black MYP 7/18, Edd is 8/17-9/6 as of today
I guess I was lucky, Tesla’s offer for my truck was only $600 less than car what Carvana and Carmax offered
Tesla’s trade in values aren’t too bad in my opinion! I’m only getting $1k more at carmax for my Ford Fusion, but I lose out on the tax savings with trading w/ Tesla 🤦🏽‍♂️

Was there anything you saw that notified you this happened? Mine expired, prompted for new mileage, and the EDD is still at the same spot. Guess I can wait and see what happens after a new quote comes through...
Mine didn't expire but was removed because of the change Honda made after I ordered. It did not change my spot in line....I think. I'll let you know if I get the MYP I ordered today before the LR.