Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EDD changed from November to January 2022. Ordered Model Y LR in White/White on July, 16, 2021. I would be happy if it arrived before the end of the year. January was unexpected. I'm leasing this car so this is an issue. Would it be faster if I changed from LR to P?
Are you able to just extend your lease? I know some companies allow courtesy extensions up to 6 months max. Thats what I did with a car I leased 3yrs ago. I extended it month to month while waiting for delivery of a new car.

If the fire department has never come to your house related to your NEMA 14-50, are you even a Tesla owner?

Just kidding. Kids, if your electrician installs your outlet upside down, do NOT attempt to use brute force to turn it right side up. 6g wires do not like to be bent/twisted. Ask me how I know...
Well now, that first sentence is comforting. Seriously though, working from home I can leave the car on charge for at least 18 hours a day, if not more. My initial plan is to do that, and then if I'm driving more than charging the Doylestown supercharger is literally 5 mins from my house. Having been driving a Tesla for awhile, would you think this is feasible? Or does it just get old real fast?

Reactions: PatrickTM
Okay, like a hundred pages ago (or so) there were some discussions on a number you could call once you have your VIN to get information on the location of the car. There were also some recommendations on key phrases to use to get to the information. Search is difficult as I can't recall the users that provided the info.

Anyone here care to assist with the info & number, or would you all rather I start reading backwards all of the posts I've now read forwards? :)

• Funny
Reactions: collaGOunltd
This Long Timer (is that a thing now?) is still in a state of VINlessness. OD 5/31 and EDD holding steady at 9/6-26 since Aug 19! My wife asked if I'll get the car by the end of the year! I'm giving my G80 to my kids and their lease is up. Put new tires and brakes on the G80 and I'm ready to never have to buy another tank of gas.

Okay, like a hundred pages ago (or so) there were some discussions on a number you could call once you have your VIN to get information on the location of the car. There were also some recommendations on key phrases to use to get to the information. Search is difficult as I can't recall the users that provided the info.

Anyone here care to assist with the info & number, or would you all rather I start reading backwards all of the posts I've now read forwards? :)
510-249-3100 (extension 4 - logistics) or 888-518-3752

Are you able to just extend your lease? I know some companies allow courtesy extensions up to 6 months max. Thats what I did with a car I leased 3yrs ago. I extended it month to month while waiting for delivery of a new car.
The is is exactly what I am going through now. Had to extend since Aug 7th. Just got my vin an delivery around the 7th - 9th so turning my car in before the next payment due. GM gives you 6 months. Month by month. Just have to be careful of miles.

The is is exactly what I am going through now. Had to extend since Aug 7th. Just got my vin an delivery around the 7th - 9th so turning my car in before the next payment due. GM gives you 6 months. Month by month. Just have to be careful of miles.
I feel your pain in that respect. I actually went a little over mileage when I turned in my lease with Kia. I was fully expecting the bill of a few hundred dollars by my calculations, but was praying against it. Much to my surprise I didn't get billed for the mileage or some other fees I calculated, I only got billed for minor replacement part to the car for like $100 which i was aware of after inspection. So my pockets and I were glad that they either (a) dropped the ball or (b) just let it go.

Reactions: RSherm25
Well now, that first sentence is comforting. Seriously though, working from home I can leave the car on charge for at least 18 hours a day, if not more. My initial plan is to do that, and then if I'm driving more than charging the Doylestown supercharger is literally 5 mins from my house. Having been driving a Tesla for awhile, would you think this is feasible? Or does it just get old real fast?
It sounds like you're asking if you can get by with just a 110 outlet. If that's right, then the answer is yes. It is slightly less efficient and thus will cost you more on your electric bill than higher power charging but we're talking nominal so not worth factoring in. (And good luck with those calculations anyway...)

Years ago Tesla published a customer story about an owner in Brooklyn without dedicated charging. He managed to get by just fine with no home charging at all - and he was putting about 1,000 miles on the car each month. And that was 2015-2016 when there were probably about 700 superchargers world wide, compared to today's ~3000.

You'll be fine. Plus I think Doylestown is V3. Blazing fast charge speeds.

Reactions: PatrickTM