Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EXCEPT... they'll eventually have to fill those orders. If the reason they're putting off those orders is that they're not happy with having to sell a car with more features at the lower price, then why would they be happier adding even more features on top of what we have as of Sept 1 2021 and still having to sell the car at the lower price?
Unless they try to tire out the customers and have them either give up or pay up. With the demand and orders coming in every day, I'm sure they won't be in a hurry to get the the old orders. *Just my theory*

Wow! That's a big gap.. I will start getting quotes from Progressive. Looks like they understand Tesla dynamics better than others.
I decided to try progressive too and we're definitely switching. They are cheaper than my current rate with Geico even after adding the Tesla. Geico added about $400 to the 6 month premium with the tesla. Did I mention I even increased the coverage with progressive compared to what I currently have. If I match my coverage, Progressive comes out cheaper.
I guess Progressive really is progressive.

I decided to try progressive too and we're definitely switching. They are cheaper than my current rate with Geico even after adding the Tesla. Geico added about $400 to the 6 month premium with the tesla. Did I mention I even increased the coverage with progressive compared to what I currently have. If I match my coverage, Progressive comes out cheaper.
I guess Progressive really is progressive.
Yeah I'm about to switch, only thing I don't know is the gap between not having my ICE car vs when I pick up the Tesla. So need to contact Progressive about that before making any update

Yeah I'm about to switch, only thing I don't know is the gap between not having my ICE car vs when I pick up the Tesla. So need to contact Progressive about that before making any update
that's the only thing holding me back too. I'm thinking I switch just my car and the MY to progressive effective on the 13th and not my wife's ICE we're replacing and cancel Geico on the 13th. I don't know if I need to lock in that quote or not.

Reactions: PatrickTM
I'm a NJ property owner as well. The taxes are pretty high in that town (relative to my primary home in Philly) but my goodness it seems like every block in town as at least one property with the old 1940s house being demolished in favor of a $1.1+ M cookie cutter house. All the shore towns must have an ever-expanding bucket of tax dollars.
Haha and this is part of the reason why when my wife and I have talked about another investment property, Philly is high on the list. I haven't checked recently, but back when I was there they were offering 10 year tax abatements on new properties!

What you are saying is true though. I wonder what they do with it all, it must only cost so much to keep the beaches clean right?

WHERE'S MY MY!!!! Great name for a song.

Hey hey, My MY
This long wait is gonna make me cry
There's more to the account page
Than meets the eye
Hey hey, My MY

Switched from the blue and back to the black
I paid for this, then I added that
For more than a month now, I've had floor mats
Now I'm thinking red, or just stick with black?

.... feel free to add on....

Update from Tesla on the MYLR7 inventory.

SA says Texas is similar to Michigan where it is hard for Tesla to sell cars because of GM/Ford requiring salesman. So moving a car in or out of Texas is a huge paperwork hassle. He said the reason this car is available is because if you have a delivery in Texas, you have to pick it that same day. The 3 day window is very difficult in Texas. So the person who bought it could not pick it up and it went back into inventory. Said it's also one the reasons Tesla built their plan in Texas, to help sell cars to the people in the 2nd largest state in America.

Car has no service holds on it. If they were working on it for paint or any other reasons there would be a hold. So it is all paperwork to get the car to move.

Sept 13th pickup.
I lived in Texas for 30 years (been in MO for 3 years now) and they do have some crazy rules down there. Glad to hear there are no "mechanical" issues with your car and its just a paperwork snafu.

Yes, agree.

I think that whenever 4680 cells come out, and stuff a Model y full of those fat cells, that'd be like a 500 mile range Model Y. I don't see that happening anytime soon. Maybe 2025 when there's a massive amount of big-battery, long range EV competitors coming to market. In the next couple years, they'd most likely they'd use fewer 4680 cells, and maintain the 326 (EPA) mile range or thereabouts. That's my hope at least, I really don't want my LR order to be cancelled, and pony up for a LR+ (or whatever it ends up being called). I have no need for a 500 mile EV, and the current LR Model Y is already well above what I'm comfortable paying for a car.
I agree with the cost comment, but I think ~500 mile range is the perfect amount of range for the future and should be the aspiration, especially considering 70-80% charging. I would say this cover 95% of scenarios and significantly reduces stops and will most importantly shut my parents up about how their Outback made it all the way to XYZ without stops :)

Maybe...but again I have seen many people(including me) who changed their order from MYLR to MYP in this forum...it would be great if we can have a stats to see MYP vs MYLR order..
According to the sheet [1] MYP only makes up ~13% of orders. Demand is just way higher for the LR and whether you like it or not it is their _lowest_ trim level (along with the M3LR obviously) so they are going to prioritize their halo and higher priced cars. Tesla isn’t a Honda/Ford where they operate on volume and can prioritize lower trims with lower margin — they need as many as they can deliver with the highest margin possible.

Reactions: Rovin
According to the sheet [1] MYP only makes up ~13% of orders. Demand is just way higher for the LR and whether you like it or not it is their _lowest_ trim level (along with the M3LR obviously) so they are going to prioritize their halo and higher priced cars. Tesla isn’t a Honda/Ford where they operate on volume and can prioritize lower trims with lower margin — they need as many as they can deliver with the highest margin possible.
That’s a good point. Maybe that’s also why my date seems faster than others ordered? The MYP is $71,990 with the FSD added, my MYLR7 was $71,290 with all my upgrades. Maybe they prioritize MYPs and MYLRs that are “loaded” for lack of a better term….

Hey hey, My MY
This long wait is gonna make me cry
There's more to the account page
Than meets the eye
Hey hey, My MY

Switched from the blue and back to the black
I paid for this, then I added that
For more than a month now, I've had floor mats
Now I'm thinking red, or just stick with black?

.... feel free to add on....
I wonder if Neil drives a tesla. we know that david crosby ordered one but he can't get it either!

Here's what the Google said when i searched for Neil's ride. And me know that if it's on the internet, it has to be true.

1630521713484.png

I agree with the cost comment, but I think ~500 mile range is the perfect amount of range for the future and should be the aspiration, especially considering 70-80% charging. I would say this cover 95% of scenarios and significantly reduces stops and will most importantly shut my parents up about how their Outback made it all the way to XYZ without stops :)
Haha. I currently have a 2020 Ford Raptor where a tank of gas on the highway will get me 550 miles. While that sounds impressive, it also taught me that gas pumps in the area pre-authorize at $100, which usually isn't enough to fill the tank. I have to then insert the credit card and pump a 2nd time.

Next time your parents tell you their Outback made it all the way to XYZ without stopping, ask them how much it cost to fill the tank.

I am starting to believe the theory that Tesla is intentionally delaying earlier orders, but what could be their end game? Are they contractually obligated to deliver a car eventually or are they hoping that we will grow frustrated and cancel the order or upgrade to P?
I'm not sure but I will certainly find out! I am super stubborn and sometimes patient, and I won't budge from my order. Might have to test the limits of their contractual obligations when it's 5 years from now and I'm still on this forum daily.

• Funny
Reactions: TESRP and PatrickTM
I hate having to defend Tesla, again but, all these conspiracy theories about tesla intentionally delaying orders doesn't make sense to me. Tesla makes a healthy margin on every car they sell, according to the last call with Elon, even for the lowest priced cars. If Tesla could, they would deliver all of our cars ahead of time.

I don't see much solid ground for you to make this argument or stir the pot, specifically @Mrkrazyk ... your signature says you declined to take delivery in June on an april 3rd order - you could be happily zipping around in your MY right now instead of throwing more gas on the fire.

This is simple supply and demand, as your orders get more complex from a manufacturing standpoint, tesla produces less of those mix of configuration items. So a plain vanilla white/black MYLR5 with 19" wheels we've seen on occasion has been fulfilled much sooner than expected whereas a MYLR7 with tow and red paint could take months simply because it's a rare combination and they only make certain amounts of each configuration mix per batch of VIN's (my guess).

EV adoption, high gas prices, tax incentives or potential ones have all pushed people to place these orders. Everyone here is saying "where is MY MY"... but you have to understand that while you are the center of your universe, your not in tesla's.

You placed a $100 or $250 donation to elon's Mars's charity in the hopes of paying for an EV in the future.

all of this boils down to simple supply and demand, and ofcourse a mix of profit maximizing behaviour on tesla's part.

Quick edit, if Tesla gave an option to pay $10,000 or the entire price of the car upfront with a full guarantee that it would be delivered on a certain day in the future, would that make this process easier for you and would you still obsess over the EDD's if they were provided and still were this crazy considering you had a fully refundable guarantee?
Is this edit a challenge?! I think I can obsess over anything, try me!