Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Laughing out loud at the male/female comments.

a female who skews male in many ways and I definitely touch the sparkly bits. I’ve said it elsewhere on this thread but my 14-50 did actually spark when I fussed with it and the fire department paid me a visit. They were good natured about it and even asked a few Tesla questions. I felt bad for causing them to dedicate time to me.
Okay, this sounds like a story worth hearing :) Care to share a link to the thread?

Hi everyone! 👋🏻 This might be my last post, for now that is. Thank you for keeping me sane this past 2 months. I picked up my MYLR5 earlier today. Everything checked off pretty well. There were quite a bit of cosmetic issues, some interior issues, but I accepted delivery. I have been without a car for a little over a month and it’s been painful. So I took it, looked over the check list but wasn’t as thorough as I wanted to.
Surprisingly, there weren’t that many cars at the delivery center. I remembered when we picked up our M3LR, it was packed with cars for delivery. We picked up the M3 in September too! The delivery process was quick and easy. We looked at the car and just accepted it. I noted the gap at where the trunk connects. Aside from that, I didn’t look much as I wanted to get out of there and go home. (I am feeling a bit under the weather, not covid related and not pregnant. 😅)
The driver’s side windshield pillar is loose so I created a ticket for that. There were black smudges throughout the exterior of the car. I didn’t note anything as I can probably get it washed and detailed. I scheduled for window tint and some PPF later this month.
I am happy with the purchase. The long wait was well worth it.

Ordered date 6/12
VIN date 9/4
Pick up date 9/9

Good luck everyone!

Attachments

• DBBC7C30-F62E-4BAF-B4DE-5C37E6CEA70C.jpeg
    DBBC7C30-F62E-4BAF-B4DE-5C37E6CEA70C.jpeg
    318.6 KB · Views: 58
Okay, this sounds like a story worth hearing :) Care to share a link to the thread?
Oh man, wouldn't know where to begin looking to find what page I posted it on.

Basically a year or more after I got my Tesla (and had been charging with a home 14-50 outlet) I was making YouTube videos and several folks pointed out that my outlet was installed upside down. I strong-armed it to turn it right side up. Thick copper does NOT like to be forced so when I turned back on the breaker there was a poof, a spark, and some smoke. Called the Fire Dept. out of an abundance of caution and they used some kind of meter to confirm it wasn't "hot" anymore.

Kids, do not try this at home.

Oh man, wouldn't know where to begin looking to find what page I posted it on.

Basically a year or more after I got my Tesla (and had been charging with a home 14-50 outlet) I was making YouTube videos and several folks pointed out that my outlet was installed upside down. I strong-armed it to turn it right side up. Thick copper does NOT like to be forced so when I turned back on the breaker there was a poof, a spark, and some smoke. Called the Fire Dept. out of an abundance of caution and they used some kind of meter to confirm it wasn't "hot" anymore.

Kids, do not try this at home.
One of my earliest memories as a child involved me trying to plug something into an outlet, and for some reason it seemed like a good idea to put my finger between the two prongs and then plug it in just to see what it felt like. I suppose you could say that burned a groove into my memory :)

OD: 9/2 (~11:50pm EST)
VIN: 9/8 (267xxx)
EDD: 9/20 - 9/26

MYP White, White Interior, No FSD, No Tow

I called my delivery service center yesterday who said they can’t really narrow down the delivery window yet, because the car is still in Fremont, but that being said the arrival target date in their system was 9/22. Time has slowed so much when it comes to this car that I didn’t even realize I called the service center the same day I got the VIN lol…

I’ll list all the accessories I got in the meantime in case anyone has suggestions or maybe someone can get ideas from my list. Once I have an exact date I’ll make an appointment for tint and PPF. Deciding how much PPF to get had been killing me. I want to do the whole car, but that just seems like overkill. Also considering ordering a matte carbon fiber license plate holder for the rear, but I’m not sure what they’re currently shipping with.

• Tesla:
    • Mud flaps
    • Trunk storage bins
  • ForMyTesla:
    • 3D MAXpider Mats (full set)
  • Evannex:
    • Jack pads
    • Sliding center console storage tray
    • Under seat air vent covers
    • Mud flaps (for rears)
  • Amazon:
    • Matte screen protector
    • Rubber trim noise reduction kit
  • Etsy:
    • Matte black T logos for frunk, trunk, and steering wheel

Anyone in IL want to take delivery sooner?

I’m scheduled to pick mine up tomorrow but due to personal reason i am unable to. I’ve read that you can swap RN/VIN with someone. I was wondering If you have similar config as me and want to take the delivery asap?

Mine is LR, white, 19” wheel, black and white interior, 5 seat and no FSD

I can wait til the end of October. I just don’t want to get put back at the end of the line and wait til January delivery.

Proof:

Attachments

• 4D25CCC9-A156-4BCD-BDCA-1E5D0CDA670C.jpeg
    4D25CCC9-A156-4BCD-BDCA-1E5D0CDA670C.jpeg
    141 KB · Views: 46
  • C390AFF1-003D-4AC9-8EEE-848195482884.png
    C390AFF1-003D-4AC9-8EEE-848195482884.png
    286.7 KB · Views: 43

I’m scheduled to pick mine up tomorrow but due to personal reason i am unable to. I’ve read that you can swap RN/VIN with someone. I was wondering If you have similar config as me and want to take the delivery asap?

I can wait til the end of October. I just don’t want to get put back at the end of the line and wait til January delivery.

Proof:
Have you reached out to your SA about alternative options since you can't make delivery?

I suspect I'll be in the same situation (re: unable to take delivery) but have been waiting to receive a VIN before taking any action. I hope my EDD gets pushed back and it resolves itself but not sure that will happen.

Reactions: PatrickTM

Proof:
I wish I could. Mine is a red with black.
Good luck with your situation. :)

Have you reached out to your SA about alternative options since you can't make delivery?

I suspect I'll be in the same situation (re: unable to take delivery) but have been waiting to receive a VIN before taking any action. I hope my EDD gets pushed back and it resolves itself but not sure that will happen.
I have told them about unable to take it. It was supposed to be today at 7pm then I told them to move to tomorrow. They told me they can only hold car for 72 hours before release to someone next in line.

i have not asked them about switching spot with someone though. Will ask them tomorrow hopefully it’s possible!

Reactions: PNWLeccy
wow, in such a simple form this helped me understand my own mentality vs my wife's. And I'm not sure if it's for better or for worse, but I've been trying to teach my daughter everything I know and to take risks (categorized as a new challenging job without all the experience required, as opposed to re-wiring the house with no experience) and figure things out
You should definitely teach her what you can, and what she wants to learn. It may end up helping her one day. 😊

In the Gen 3 wall charger, it does not use a neutral line. Just two hots (red and black) and one ground. If you’re replacing a 240 outlet that has a neutral with a wall charger, you just cap the neutral off with a wire nut. It’s about as easy as you can get. Cheaper that way too, since you don’t have to buy an extra copper wire or gfci breaker.
That’s interesting. I’ve heard that about the wall charger but I guess I was thinking about setting up a NEMA 14-50 outlet when I brought up the common wire. I may eventually end up getting a wall charger someday, but 29 mph charging should work for me most of the time.

Reactions: BitJam
That’s interesting. I’ve heard that about the wall charger but I guess I was thinking about setting up a NEMA 14-50 outlet when I brought up the common wire. I may eventually end up getting a wall charger someday, but 29 mph charging should work for me most of the time.
240v EVSE's don't need a neutral wire, but 14-50 plugs do. This allows the 14-50 to do 120v and 240v over the same plug.