Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I appreciate the opinion and is part of the reason I posted here. I'm battling with wanting the car asap and wanting the best version of the car...

If they are truly going to replace the entire hatch, I feel like that's better than a repair with paint touchup, but I'm not sure if I'm just telling myself that.
@Coyote18 Understood. The new hatch will get new and different paint than factory paint, and won’t be oven baked like factory paint. This could affect how the paint looks over time and in different light. If you go with it, ask them to show you the removed hatch so you know you didn’t get a repaired one. Sales people will say anything, just to love a car before EOQ. Hopefully, others will weigh in so you have other view points to consider.
Good luck! 🍀

Just picked up my MYLR5 in KCMO. Super easy and quick. Looked it over real fast and couldn’t find anything that looked like it was worth complaining about, so drove it home and it’s in the garage looking pretty. On the freeway I passed a car doing about sixty and punched it. Sixty to ninety was a bit unsettling actually and it’s just a LR. Never had a car that quick and I’ve had some fast cars in the past. The performance Y has to be a beast. I’ll post some pics later. Good luck to all that are still waiting, your time will come.

Just received my VIN!

My EDD is still unchanged at the moment Sept 18-30.

I am utterly shocked, my SA assigned to me ignored my request for an order update so exactly 2 weeks ago I was told by a SA in an out of town showroom they saw on their end my car being built end of October for early November delivery... and that my profile completion date was 7/11 and that was when I was put in the order queue (I concluded this was my trade in odometer renewal glitching on the website when I submitted it causing this) but my order agreement showed my original order date of 6/9 all along.

Just received my VIN!

I am utterly shocked, my SA assigned to me ignored my request for an order update so exactly 2 weeks ago I was told by a SA in an out of town showroom they saw on their end my car being built end of October for early November delivery... and that my profile completion date was 7/11 and that was when I was put in the order queue (I concluded this was my trade in odometer renewal glitching on the website when I submitted it causing this) but my order agreement showed my original order date of 6/9 all along.
Yeah!

Reactions: Ray8
My car is finally repaired (it needed some repair before delivery) and ready to be picked up tomorrow. Does anyone who picked up in MA know if you can pay while picking up or after inspecting with ACH . Since it was repaired i am little hesitant to pay before looking at it.

Reactions: BitJam
Just received my VIN!

Where are you picking up? I’m picking up in BK and also have an MSM (5 seater). EDD was sitting at 09/18-09/30 as well. Then updated today to 09/24-09/30. Still no VIN but your post gives me hope that mine might be part of the same delivery🤞

Reactions: ConchChick and Ray8
Update:

Brought car in for service after a work trip this morning at 8am. Plot thickens o_O:eek::oops: The VIN Tesla had me tied to online was a Grey Model 3. My actual vin is of course a White MYLR. I believe I recall hearing others have these issue before - no biggie - they corrected it, I think 🙄 However, what was supposed to take 6-8 hours for "diagnotistics" has now resulted in Tesla keeping the car over the weekened for "more diagnostics", because... "diagnostics" and such 🤷‍♂️

At any rate, I've read a ton of horror stories about people selling thier car thinking thier EDD would not move and then end up spending months renting cars or taking Ubers everywhere and, here I am. Except Tesla has both my old car and my new (?) car. PLEEEEEASE don't be a lemon 👀!!!

I suppose at least the $100 daily Uber vouchers are a slight consolation, and technically I can still be part of the waiting to take delivery thread. :)
Wow, can’t believe they are not able to give you a loaner vehicle or pay for a rental. It’s on them to take care of you in my opinion.

@DDubbsEV I would think the plate is accurate. Keep in mind, MY and M3 are high volume production builds, so the VIN S/N grows quickly. For example, I took a picture of one on the lot that had a build date of 8/24/21 and the VIN was 256711.
My vin is very close to that and it is a MYP that I will be taking delivery of on 9/14. I was wondering when it was manufactured. Late August is pretty recent, glad to hear it hasn’t been sitting around for 3 months.

My vin is very close to that and it is a MYP that I will be taking delivery of on 9/14. I was wondering when it was manufactured. Late August is pretty recent, glad to hear it hasn’t been sitting around for 3 months.
@Drock77 Here
030F64C5-8397-4377-914B-F1E66B6F1A53.jpeg
ya go!