Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's very possible... I'm working in Application Development/Software engineering and QA usually takes many weeks in testing cycles before software can go live after we are done developing. I hope that it's not going to be weeks and weeks before they are done...
I retired a few years ago, prior was working in Software Development for Northrup Grumman For us testing/approval was the hardest, and most time consuming, meeting all the QA requirements

Total SWAG based on various conversations, but I think it is probably at least a week if not more before the firmware is pushed. Does that mean they’re testing? No idea, but it does not seem imminent based on the daily delay emails I get from my my DEV, the homologation info, etc. My Y has been sitting on a lot with a VIN for over a week and every day my delivery (which is now a drop off at my house) is delayed and every day the team says “we have no idea when the firmware update will come”.
I don't think it's firmware related. Too many people on YouTube taking deliveries.

• Disagree
Reactions: 63AMG
I retired a few years ago, prior was working in Software Development for Northrup Grumman For us testing/approval was the hardest, and most time consuming, meeting all the QA requirements
We are switching all our development to Agile Methodology.. That will reduce delivery time but we won't deliver "big" changes anymore, just several implementations with small changes.. In our Agile teams, BA's, AD's and QA's work together early in the process so that there is less work lately.. Considering that Tesla is a modern company, I would believe that they work based on Agile/Scrum methodology also..

Reactions: bigdaddyreg
I think it's been about a week that I've seen "6-9 Weeks" but honestly, that's fine. I'm ready for you older order date peeps to get your VINs. ANY movement is better than no movement in terms of VIN's and deliveries.
34 days since I placed my order today and there are folks on here with over 50 days with no VIN... Hopefully, something is going to happen soon..

Reactions: ESsoto and hallwc87
We are switching all our development to Agile Methodology.. That will reduce delivery time but we won't deliver "big" changes anymore, just several implementations with small changes.. In our Agile teams, BA's, AD's and QA's work together early in the process so that there is less work lately.. Considering that Tesla is a modern company, I would believe that they work based on Agile/Scrum methodology also..
Off subject, We also attempted Agile development but didnt work out supporting Department of Defense. Agree Tesla should be able to handle

Reactions: FloridaSun
Day 46 and no VIN and no communication from my SA or anything else (in Texas so I can't go to the store to talk to an SA because they can't sale anything; my SA is in Utah). Been stuck at 5-9 weeks from order for a long while now. No longer receive my auto text from SA of "waiting on VIN from factory" I got for a whole month every week until 2 weeks ago.

Looks like this quarter is going to blow up the spreadsheet on delivery times.

• Informative
Reactions: FoxVega
If you go to the site and try to order a Y right now, it says "estimated delivery 4-8 weeks"

Interesting.. when I go to the Model Y build page, it says 4 - 11 weeks.. I wonder if the estimate changes based on where you are located..

Maybe. I just checked the new order page (I'm in the Houston-area) and LR estimate I see is "4-11 weeks" and Performance estimate is "4-7 weeks." It seems like the estimates on the order page also change frequently like the ones on our "Manage order" page in our account.

I've said this in other forums, I wouldn't be surprised that Tesla's inventory management and supply chain management are so integrated that it provides the ability to make these daily delivery estimate updates.

I'm fine with the changes. I'm as anxious and impatient as they come. When I ordered I just assumed a June 30 delivery. Anything earlier is gravy IMO :)
This is my first brand-new car and I'm just excited that I can afford to own one of these impressive vehicles.

Well, there's realistically only 4 or so weeks to get whatever problems sorted out and butts in MYs before the quarterly numbers will suffer and the stock takes a significant hit. I placed my order on 4/8, had the wall charger installed 2 weeks later and I'm thinking about taking a pause and waiting for this mess to sort itself out. Not sure I'm comfortable taking delivery of a vehicle with rushed firmware changes and new microprocessors controlling the vehicle.

OK.

I stopped by the Columbus SC this morning again. I'd estimate 20-25 ModelY and Model 3 in the parking lot. I saw an additional 6 inside the service center being cleaned/prepped (from what I could tell...but what do I know).

They were actively pulling in cars into the garage that still had the transportation wrap on it and taking it off so that's why I'm assuming.

Photos attached -- the ones they hadn't pulled in yet were all 5/7 and 5/8 builds, VIN 185 looked like.

(OK, just the VIN photo for now. I took a pano shot, but it's too big to upload)

Attachments

• IMG_2975 copy.jpeg
    IMG_2975 copy.jpeg
    366.2 KB · Views: 76