Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those who fo

Post your thoughts after the test comparing the feel and the power. A friend mentioned the MYP has bit more road noise and you feel the road bit more than LR but the power difference is really significant
So my SA called me on Saturday to tell me my overnight was cancelled due to them putting up all their demo cars for sale! She said they wouldn’t be getting new demo cars till the end of October….why in the heck would they put their cars up for sale before they got new ones?

Anyway, I’m taking it as a sign I should just stick with the LR. I did love it, and for my type of driving there is no way I “need” the P model. I did test drive both the P and LR back to back, and I definitely though the P was more fun to drive, but probably not worth the extra money for my driving style and day to day driving use. Do I really need a P to go to Home Depot every weekend? 🤣

I probably will buy new wheels for the LR though b/c I don’t care for the look of the Geminis. Wish I had gone with the Inductions, but I’m scared to change anything on my order and have my delivery date pushed back more.

So I tried to grab an inventory car yesterday morning… put it in my account. It said delivery had to be between the 17th - 20th. The car is located 3 hours away. Spoke to an advisor and was told to get the financing and all requirements together. Everything came together after some leg work only to get a text this morning that due to state laws I cannot pick the car up and Tesla isn’t transporting between delivery centers at the moment. I’m sick to my stomach. Good thing I kept my original order. I also kept the new order as it is the same build but with 20’s. Wondering if I’ll be matched with something since it showed a vin in the account. Welp I tried. Guess the wait continues!
I’m confused. What state laws would prevent you from picking up the car? Where do you live? I’ve been stalking the inventory too to see if anything comes up near me, but I certainly wouldn’t want that to happen!

Um. I’m picking up the car Monday after next. As far as payment goes, the web site said Bank Transfer or buy on time, and specifically disallowed Cashiers Checks. Recent change?
I paid with a cashiers check and loan document when I picked up my MY yesterday. When I arrived to pick up the car the Tesla rep unlocked the car for me. Told me to take all the time I needed to inspect. Only a couple of interior smudges. Had several docs to wet sign to register the car in a different State. The car was only at 38% charge, Rep gladly charged to 90%. After which Rep accepted the car for me in the system. And yes, referral miles showed in my loot!

So my SA called me on Saturday to tell me my overnight was cancelled due to them putting up all their demo cars for sale! She said they wouldn’t be getting new demo cars till the end of October….why in the heck would they put their cars up for sale before they got new ones?

Anyway, I’m taking it as a sign I should just stick with the LR. I did love it, and for my type of driving there is no way I “need” the P model. I did test drive both the P and LR back to back, and I definitely though the P was more fun to drive, but probably not worth the extra money for my driving style and day to day driving use. Do I really need a P to go to Home Depot every weekend? 🤣

I probably will buy new wheels for the LR though b/c I don’t care for the look of the Geminis. Wish I had gone with the Inductions, but I’m scared to change anything on my order and have my delivery date pushed back more.
Man are they trying to fit this quarters total sales with anything that is available? Looks like they may even sell the one Elon is driving. Wish they had a system like the airplanes where they announce “Anybody willing to take delivery late would be offered XYZ accessories or free supercharger miles”!!!!

Man are they trying to fit this quarters total sales with anything that is available? Looks like they may even sell the one Elon is driving. Wish they had a system like the airplanes where they announce “Anybody willing to take delivery late would be offered XYZ accessories or free supercharger miles”!!!!
I thought it was really weird they’d sell off all their demo cars a month before getting new ones in. So anyone wanting to test drive a car between now and the end of October is SOL? I guess there’s so much demand it doesn’t even matter for them 🤷🏻‍♀️

How old is it and how much does it recharge to now?
Will be 7 years old in December; crossed 100k miles yesterday. It charges to nearly the same rated range as it did new (265 new to now 250s at full but I never "rebalance" and know that number is simply an algorithm and not an indication of capacity.)

The issue therefor isn't the range, it's the charge speeds. I seem to get about 50kw, 1/3 the potential capacity of V2 chargers, while charging on V2. Might be faster by nearly double on a V3 but even then, only at a low state of charge and only for a few minutes. It's an original "A" battery. My 2018 3 charges at lightening speeds in comparison.
After looking at my Model Y order (delivery date, 9/27/2021) and digging through the corners, I don't see, and haven't seen, any comments about the Referral Award of 1000 Supercharger miles.
On both of the orders made leading up to getting the VIN for this car, one on 6/30/2021 and one on 7/12/2021, I was very careful to order it using my spouse's Model 3 loot box code.
So, just chugged an email off to the SA, the order assistance people at Springfield, NJ, and the delivery assistance people in Springfield, asking, more or less, "What gives?"
This is my issue. Can't see myself referred in my list of referrals (Folks who have taken delivery over the years) but I guess that doesn't necessarily mean we didn't use our own code at the time of order. My hubs did it and can't recall.
Well you ordered your car before the 17th. So you should still get 1000 free supercharging miles.
Yes, assuming my better half actually remembered to order using our code. Hard to say as the order was initiated nearly 2 years ago and our own name doesn't show up in our referral history. I attempted to email the referral email address I used to talk to about a few delayed prizes and got an auto-response that the email address is no longer monitored.

Reactions: PatrickTM
All the things lol
Tesmanian mats (interior and exterior)
Way to much vinyl
Cf mirror caps
Mudflaps
Ppf for trunk
T e s l a letters
Seat back covers for both rows
Seat protector for car seat
Key fob
Cupholder inserts
Door inserts
Storage bins
Screen protector
Rim blades

I'm sure there is more but that's all I can think of while laying in bed
You definitely beat me. Lol. But you are also much closer to delivery….I have time to catch up.

Reactions: Gurule92
I’m confused. What state laws would prevent you from picking up the car? Where do you live? I’ve been stalking the inventory too to see if anything comes up near me, but I certainly wouldn’t want that to happen!
According to numerous SA’s Rhode Island is one of a handful of states that cars cannot be purchased and registered by an out of state person for pickup. Tesla could transport the vehicle but will not at the moment due to the logistics of end of quarter push.

Why don’t you call and see if changing to the inductions will delay your MY. All they can say is yes. Can’t hurt…

Reactions: InTheForest
Big flood of MYLR in inventory. My guess is they are cars that got "finished".

Getting rid of all the demos in the EOQ push.

My local SC doesn't have any performance Ys! 😒

Reactions: dnstommy
Your supposed to say no, so I don't order lol
I snagged one with my specs. I missed the one with the lowest miles (670) but grabbed one with 2576 if I remember correctly.

Am I going to regret ordering a demo vehicle?? Lol

I thought it was really weird they’d sell off all their demo cars a month before getting new ones in. So anyone wanting to test drive a car between now and the end of October is SOL? I guess there’s so much demand it doesn’t even matter for them 🤷🏻‍♀️
This happened last quarter too. I booked a test drive at the end of June and they texted me letting me know they sold all their demos. I ended up realizing I should just place an order and test drive later if I wanted this thing. I didn’t test drive until more than a month after ordering 😅

Hi guys! Been super busy with work and home improvement project for the past few weeks😅.
I can’t go through probably 400 pages and congratulate each and everyone of you who got vins and MY’s delivered. Congrats to all!

My wait hopefully almost over - delivery date set for 9/22. Spoke to SA and he told me that my Y will be off tracks on 9/21.
My plan is to do a full “colonoscopy” before I accept/sign and hand cashiers check. I’ll update afterwards.