Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Model 3 lease is up in August 2022 but it has about $10,000 worth of positive equity so Tesla will take me out for $0, but won't apply any of the positive equity to purchasing/leasing another Tesla. I guess this is why they don't let you purchase a Model 3/Y off of a lease, since they will just sell it make money again off of the car. Any other company I'd be able to use the positive equity as a negotiating tool so both parties make out, but Tesla doesn't care.

Anyway I placed an order for a Model Y with estimated delivery in February. Will work out perfect since I'll get the 2022 model year since there's bound to be some minor changes and improvements. Looking forward to having larger vehicle than the 3.
Someone here posted a couple weeks ago about buying their Model 3 at the end of the lease. It’s not straightforward but certainly possible. I can‘t recall the all the steps, but I believe a 3rd party dealer first has to buy out the lease directly.

If someone has previously done this, feel free to chime in.

Inventory MYs seem to cost more than regular orders. Is destination fee included? My MYLR W/W/19 cost $56,290. Similar inventory cars sell for $57,990. Why the discrepancy?
Might wanna check your totals. I have the same order and am in the same state with the same taxes and my out the door total is $58,361.53. It is only $55,290.00 before taxes and license.

Reactions: TSLY
Well I finished prepping the garage today! Organized it, and Pressure washed the floor! Think we’re ready to bring our MY home Wednesday!!
9D076295-4A9E-4E48-928D-E98073D91C51.jpeg

Well team, hope everyone is having an enjoyable Saturday!

I have officially taken my order “off hold” today. Mainly because the new order EDD is now March, and I will need this car as a second car in the household around late January. Went to the Natick Mall Tesla store, and worked with Miguel to complete my profile. Set it to cash for now. I’m a troublesome customer because I’m active duty mil stationed in MA, but I’m a resident of WA and will be registering my car in WA for the sales tax exemption. Will be taking delivery in Mt Kisco, NY to also avoid MA sales tax (even though I’m not registering in MA, MA will charge sales tax for any vehicle sold/delivered inside state borders). Maybe I feel a tiny bit of guilt that I’m trying to get out of paying any and all state sales tax, but then again, these are reasonable and legal options I’m pursuing and I’ve dedicated my entire adult life to the Air Force so far, and any reasonable person probably should take all the tax breaks they are eligible for.

My SA originally told me several months ago they’ll assign my DC as Paramus, NJ, but due to obvious reasons they’re trying to provide some relief to the staff at that particular DC and surrounding DCs in that region. I will also need to follow up with my SA to get my final balance corrected, since it’s currently showing sales tax being charged. Weirdly, my EDD immediately came up when my profile was fully completed, and it said “October”. Assuming they mean October 2021 (next month), I’ll have to give up that VIN should it come that soon. I’m going to take that October EDD with a humongous grain of salt and expect it to push back significantly over the coming months.

I have heard stories from folks here that they got a VIN extremely quickly after taking their order off hold. I’ve also heard from some folks here that they were put in the back of the production queue after taking their order off hold. We’ll see which boat I fall in, and will update everyone here. Grab some popcorn ‘cause I’m off to the races!
Isn't the Washington state EV sales tax exemption only for new cars less than $45k? Clean alternative fuel and plug-in hybrid vehicles - sales/use tax exemptions | Washington Department of Revenue

Reactions: PatrickTM
Well team, hope everyone is having an enjoyable Saturday!

I have officially taken my order “off hold” today. Mainly because the new order EDD is now March, and I will need this car as a second car in the household around late January. Went to the Natick Mall Tesla store, and worked with Miguel to complete my profile. Set it to cash for now. I’m a troublesome customer because I’m active duty mil stationed in MA, but I’m a resident of WA and will be registering my car in WA for the sales tax exemption. Will be taking delivery in Mt Kisco, NY to also avoid MA sales tax (even though I’m not registering in MA, MA will charge sales tax for any vehicle sold/delivered inside state borders). Maybe I feel a tiny bit of guilt that I’m trying to get out of paying any and all state sales tax, but then again, these are reasonable and legal options I’m pursuing and I’ve dedicated my entire adult life to the Air Force so far, and any reasonable person probably should take all the tax breaks they are eligible for.

My SA originally told me several months ago they’ll assign my DC as Paramus, NJ, but due to obvious reasons they’re trying to provide some relief to the staff at that particular DC and surrounding DCs in that region. I will also need to follow up with my SA to get my final balance corrected, since it’s currently showing sales tax being charged. Weirdly, my EDD immediately came up when my profile was fully completed, and it said “October”. Assuming they mean October 2021 (next month), I’ll have to give up that VIN should it come that soon. I’m going to take that October EDD with a humongous grain of salt and expect it to push back significantly over the coming months.

I have heard stories from folks here that they got a VIN extremely quickly after taking their order off hold. I’ve also heard from some folks here that they were put in the back of the production queue after taking their order off hold. We’ll see which boat I fall in, and will update everyone here. Grab some popcorn ‘cause I’m off to the races!
Best of luck - wishing you a swift delivery!

• Love
Reactions: PatrickTM
Configuration change is a serious matter, no matter how far you are from projected EDD; your position in line will get scrambled for sure, you are in good position, better not to touch the build. I would think about other alternatives like sell on eBay for some loss and get induction or any off market wheels.

Even after Berlin or Austin join the production, Tesla is unlikely to meet the ever growing demand, semiconductor shortage is going to last couple of months more.
I made a configuration change and it didn’t effect my imaginary EDD. But I called and asked. I told the rep I didn’t want to change my EDD but wanted to know if I could change the wheels. She put it in and said it would not change my date (the fact that it has changed three times I am assuming has nothing to do with the change and everything to do with mw being on the EDD roller coaster).