Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
electric ones as in battery powered or plugged in? I have two things that I have to plug in to run, so it's a hassle but not too much to replace them yet. Mower is gas powered but may be nearing it's time. Battery ones a few years ago, or at least the one my cousin told me about, was a bit on the expensive side for me, so I bought the gas one. Been a good 4 to 5 years I think.
Battery powered. It would be a hassle with the wires and I’m afraid I’ll cut the wires by mistake. That wouldn’t be pretty.

Reactions: PatrickTM
In other news, after driving my wife’s MY all weekend, I got into my ice Volvo today and that thing was loud. The engine sound was strange and it leaned so much going into curves. I lost a little love for the car :(
I'm actually a little concerned about this. We have two 12+ year old sedans currently and haven't ever had car payments for them. This Tesla's gonna make me want to replace the second vehicle with another Tesla, thus going from two $5k vehicles to two $50k+ vehicles. Yikes!

I tell myself that's future me's problem because it widely is. Too many variables, I can just restrain myself (hah!), prices are decreasing, etc. It's not keeping up with the Jones' for me. It's keeping up with the Tech! First world problem, I know.

They changed it for me. I was originally picking up in Costa Mesa, but when I went online to schedule delivery, it said I get a home delivery. I called the Lake Forest number but was probably routed to a generic call center. Spoke with someone named Crystal?

FSD can be removed from any vehicle Tesla considers "new". Inventory/demo vehicles are sold as "new" I think (I could be mistaken), so you can remove FSD.
FWIW, I called the Mission Viejo store and spoke with someone about paying with a cashiers check, they said no problem, updated my file to reflect that I won't have any payment due until pickup, and confirmed that I would be picking up on-site this week (currently scheduled for Wednesday after lunch). They said the Costa Mesa team is handling pickups at a larger lot in Irvine to accommodate the order volume.

Battery powered. It would be a hassle with the wires and I’m afraid I’ll cut the wires by mistake. That wouldn’t be pretty.
you know what the funny and the sad part is..... a professional I just hired to clean out the front yard and trim the bushes, I literally saw him run his saw right through the power cord. I was like oh snap!
He was just bad news. Got my refund after arguing with the company, and told them I have pictures.

But yeah running over cables is the biggest worry. My snow blower and grass/weed whacker I think they are called, are electric cable powered and it is not fun finding an outlet around.

Now imagine the noise as the person cutting the grass. That was my pain. Lol.
In other news, after driving my wife’s MY all weekend, I got into my ice Volvo today and that thing was loud. The engine sound was strange and it leaned so much going into curves. I lost a little love for the car :(
awwww! That's sad! 😢

I'm actually a little concerned about this. We have two 12+ year old sedans currently and haven't ever had car payments for them. This Tesla's gonna make me want to replace the second vehicle with another Tesla, thus going from two $5k vehicles to two $50k+ vehicles. Yikes!

I tell myself that's future me's problem because it widely is. Too many variables, I can just restrain myself (hah!), prices are decreasing, etc. It's not keeping up with the Jones' for me. It's keeping up with the Tech! First world problem, I know.
Lol! All we have had are Toyotas mostly in our family. I mean I never got a free car.... womp womp womp. My brother got my Corolla, so for him, he wants the M3, but now is regretting the monthly payments, since he hasn't had to pay for a car, in like EVER!! I bought the other cars, when I gave him my corolla baby (I bought it brand new many many years ago, right off of the truck)
I will be sad to see it go. 😭

i cant believe they would rather sell them instead of ask the long wait ones on the list. ...
Agreed! It's sad, but I know why as they would bring them more numbers on the books.

All Chicago has are the white, 5 seater ones, so I switched to different cities. 7 Seaters were going fast, pssshhhttt!

I had the same concern initially too but the savings from no gas, oil changes, transmission flushes was enough incentive for us to make the switch.
now my anxiety is range. lol

FWIW, I called the Mission Viejo store and spoke with someone about paying with a cashiers check, they said no problem, updated my file to reflect that I won't have any payment due until pickup, and confirmed that I would be picking up on-site this week (currently scheduled for Wednesday after lunch). They said the Costa Mesa team is handling pickups at a larger lot in Irvine to accommodate the order volume.
Ah yeah I meant to reply but I ended up getting a home delivery instead of picking up in person, even though I set it as Costa Mesa at time of order.

Delivery = online transfer only...can't use a cashier's check for me. Ah well. But I'm scheduled for Wednesday 12-4pm! Same pickup times (ish), different locations :)

i cant believe they would rather sell them instead of ask the long wait ones on the list. ...
Well this would involve SAs proactively reaching out to customers to ask "hey do you want a demo vehicle with 500-2000 miles on it? Oh and the discount is only $500". That's a lot of calling to do and not everyone will want a demo vehicle. And who do you prioritize to call? People who have a January EDD? Or people with a Sept EDD?

It makes sense to throw them on the website so people who want it will take them. Not everyone wants a demo vehicle.

The reason the wait is longer is because tesla prioritizes the faster (and more profitable) car. But even if it's faster then most cars it's still not faster then the P versions. I want the most power available both for fun and for getting out of sticky situations. There is a reason the Plaid exists and it's not because everyone loves going to the track.

More powaa === more fun

Plus if you get smaller rims you get most of that range back lol 😆
It's already known the issue is lack of batteries for the LR.

@LATimes -- which dealer did you sell your TM3 to? My showroom car came with some finish defects and I'd rather order a new one. Looking to sell it to a dealer to get out of the lease.
Dealer was ‘Hello Mazda of Valencia’ in Santa Clarita area, Jake S. is who helped me. I sold him three cars over the last several weeks and has beat every offer from carvana, vroom etc. If they are too far from you try going on KBB, that is where I initally found them. I suggest finding a dealer that’s not too far since you will need to go back and forth 2-3 times to handle initial inspection, paperwork & final equity check. I believe you can have them wire the equity balance to get it down to two trips.

I'm not really sure if that's true. Some features of a car are "intrinsic", like paint color, seat config, P or LR. Other options can be customized on the same assembly line - wheels should be one of these things. Hell, there's strong reason to suspect that the tow package is a dealer installed option even. (see earlier). So while any order change could conceivably punt you to the back of the line, in practice changing wheel choice isn't as invasive a change as changing exterior or interior color.
I completely agree with your logic here that it should be easy, but I’m too nervous to recommend a change. I just noticed a Reddit post stating that they downgraded wheels from the 20” to 19” and their EDD updated from December to March. Wheels should be the easiest thing to change, I’d think, other than a software upgrade like FSD or something.