Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes! So it was quite game-changing since cars made before the hardware shift had no chance of ever evolving with just software or a straight forward MCU upgrade.

It was also a huge deal to me, personally, because unlike the vast majority of Tesla owners at the time, I didn't have money falling out of my ears. I stretched and twisted and cut and took an 8 year loan to have the privilege of ordering a Model S. So if I would have gotten a car that was immediately obsolete, it would have hurt. A lot.

Also of note: Autopilot was literally announced/discussed/unveiled at an event in October of that year. I was already in the middle of my wait so Tesla allowed me to change my order. I think I had ordered something called the "tech package" plus fog lights ($500 option.) They allowed me to swap to AP, which was $500 more than "tech" but fog lights had then become standard so it was a wash.
Wow what timing! And look at you now. On to your third Tesla with FSD!

I am hoping your EDD remains. I am thinking ours should be on the same truck…unless they are doing color batches together. But I have seen multiple colors being picked up at the Brentwood SC.
I suspect i'm good, but I also noticed as soon as the rep on chat said it was switched, I checked my account page and it required me to select a payment method. So they hadn't really "switched" it, at least not completely. So I think if I hadn't caught it quickly, I might have been punted to the back of the line since my profile was likely showing incomplete at that point. After selecting cash, I made the rep confirm my profile showed complete and they said it was.

But yeah, it would be cool to be delivery buds!

Last edited:
Reactions: PatrickTM
Barry’s Home!

Was able to pickup the car a day earlier. There’s one issue inside near last seats. Few scratches they found themselves and will fix it when part arrives. Panel gaps on back doors. Not that big but hoping they would fix it. Overall, pretty good condition. Finally after 4 months, Barry’s home.

PS - we named Barry (Allen) because it’s Red and Electricity. :)

Attachments

• 94080A0E-4B21-481E-87D3-1E2C28D26740.jpeg
    94080A0E-4B21-481E-87D3-1E2C28D26740.jpeg
    279.2 KB · Views: 78
Barry’s Home!

Was able to pickup the car a day earlier. There’s one issue inside near last seats. Few scratches they found themselves and will fix it when part arrives. Panel gaps on back doors. Not that big but hoping they would fix it. Overall, pretty good condition. Finally after 4 months, Barry’s home.

Red / white is such a nice combo! Congrats!

I suspect i'm good, but I also noticed as soon as the rep on chat said it was switched, I checked my account page and it required me to select a payment method. So they hadn't really "switched" it, at least not completely. So I think if I hadn't caught it quickly, I might have been punted to the back of the line since my profile was likely showing incomplete at that point. After selecting cash, I made the rep confirm my profile showed complete and they said it was.

But yeah, it would be cool to be delivery buds!
I have the same EDD range as you and my MY is coming basically the same direction as yours (I am in Kansas City area while you are in Nashville). You are braver than I am in making a change to your payment method. I am not touching anything on my order until I have a VIN.

Reactions: TKai
Barry’s Home!

Go #teamred

I have the same EDD range as you and my MY is coming basically the same direction as yours (I am in Kansas City area while you are in Nashville). You are braver than I am in making a change to your payment method. I am not touching anything on my order until I have a VIN.
I just didn't want another hard pull on my credit until I'm ready to close the deal. Many people in this thread have made changes from financing to cash with no ill effects. And so far that's true of me as well.

Barry’s Home!

Congrats! Did they call and offer an earlier pick up or did you call and ask if you could come earlier? I’m tempted to call and find out if I can pick up Thursday/Friday instead😅

Last edited:
Barry’s Home!

Congrats!! 🎉 Run Barry, run!!! 🏃‍♂️ 🏃‍♂️

One #teamred down, @Arkbird next? 😁

Barry’s Home!

That is an awesome color combo, if I didn’t live in 3 seasons of dirt I would’ve gone with red… MSM looks awesome and I think it’ll hide said dirt/snow best, but its my third favorite color, this is #1.

I have to say I really enjoy the new car shots after people pickup/take delivery. It feels like we’re all waiting on a new family member to arrive. Seeing the proud “new parent” photos gives me great joy.

Meanwhile I’m not sure if the wait is more akin to carrying or one prolonged labor. (my wife would punch me if she read this…)