Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More on new inventory. Mfg date 05-08-2021 on two vehicles.
5516A6F7-30CB-4A0D-A796-CB5C6D0B01DE.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: JerseyShoreMY
No not yet. I've called and emailed around asking for quotes.

I'm located in Howard County, so if you have any recommendations, I'd appreciate it.
The Tesla web site lists electricians local to zip codes that are familiar with installing chargers. (I ended up going with an electrician friend of mine)

BTW, I had "qualified" electrician do it, got permit and inspection (installed a 50A breaker into existing panel and hardwired a Chargepoint Homeflex to the outside of my house. All for homeowners insurance if needed.)

Last edited:
Reactions: elguapo
Depending on the location of your electrical panel and the desired location of your charger, it's possible to do the HPWC install yourself. I did. Was a 30+ ft run, but no drywall along the run so didn't have to worry about conduit. Picked up 6/3 THHN insulated wire and it took me a total of 2 hours, mainly because of the length I had to run it. Several good YouTube videos detailing the install following the NEC.

Well this is alarming

just received the is email, pay attention to the last paragraph:

As a reminder our vehicles deliver on a first come first serve basis and current orders are estimated to be delivered between June and September”

Hello,

The Tesla UTC leadership team wanted to take this moment to reach and say THANK YOU for your belief in Tesla and our Mission. We appreciate your patience in this process and really value you as future Tesla owners.

We also wanted to remind you of a few things as we get closer to your delivery date:

PRE-DELIVERY CHECKLIST
  • · Complete your Delivery Checklist within your Tesla Account. This requires you to select your Delivery Center location, Registration, Trade-In information, as well and Payment and Financing. Failure to complete the checklist can delay delivery of your vehicle.
  • · Familiarize yourself with your future car. Sign up for one of our Video Pre-Delivery Orientations here. If you are looking for a more personalized experience to become acquainted with your vehicle please reply back and we will have your adviser reach out to schedule you for a consultation at a time that works best for you Monday –Thursday.
  • · Finalize your Home Charging solution. You can find more information on our Home Charging Support Page.

As a reminder our vehicles deliver on a first come first serve basis and current orders are estimated to be delivered between June and September. If you have any questions about this process please reach out to your Tesla Adviser or you can get answers to Frequently Asked Questions here.”

• Informative
Reactions: FoxVega
Here's my opinion without anything to back it up: Tesla is going to continue pumping vehicles out of Fremont as if there's no issue. As long as the SC can store them, they'll keep giving it to them. If an SC runs out of room, they'll just give them to another SC that can store them until they can start delivering. The end result could be that if you live in an area who's SC can't store them, that may push you towards the back of the line regardless of when you ordered. Then there's the challenge of SC's condensing possibly 2 months of delivery into a much shorter time frame.
The last 2 weeks of June are going to be a total sh** show at the SCs with all of the deliveries. Really thinking about putting my order on hold, but don't have any rush to do so at the moment (no rush for anything when it comes to receiving the car).

They told me no…I was told the only person they’d allow was myself…which is weird because in 2005 when I was gone, my wife and I bought a house with me giving her power of attorney to sign tor me🤷🏻‍♂
I’m not going to linger over this..they either hold it or they don’t…it sucks but if I want one, I guess I’ll do what I have to..
I would contact an attorney, I feel like it should be relatively straightforward to assign a legal proxy to pick up a car. As long as they have a check in hand, or you transfer the funds, why not?
Does the military offer any legal services? Contact the VA? And also: THANK YOU for your service!

I would contact an attorney, I feel like it should be relatively straightforward to assign a legal proxy to pick up a car. As long as they have a check in hand, or you transfer the funds, why not?
Does the military offer any legal services? Contact the VA? And also: THANK YOU for your service!
The military does indeed offer Power of Attorney to handle situations like this. Just have to ask.

I've deployed 4 times in the past and was always offered it.