Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a Black Model Y, 19 Inch, Black interior no FSD on April 4th from Oakville location in Canada. I reached out to my SA yesterday and he informed me that "there was a car for me on the other side of thee dealership" but for some reason they are not able to deliver any cars and Tesla has not told them anything. He said he was hopeful to hear something back by this/next week since the end of Q2 is coming and Tesla always prioritizes deliveries.

My delivery dates online are also June 11-June 30 hasn't changed in like 3 days. Ughh, looks like we are all gonna get our cars in June, im fine with that as long as it is not in July.

The Tesla web site lists electricians local to zip codes that are familiar with installing chargers. (I ended up going with an electrician friend of mine)

BTW, I had "qualified" electrician do it, got permit and inspection (installed a 50A breaker into existing panel and hardwired a Chargepoint Homeflex to the outside of my house. All for homeowners insurance if needed.)
It's a dirt simple install - literally 3 wires. If an electrician can install a dryer outlet, they will have no trouble with a Tesla Wall Charger. What a qualified / licensed electrician can do for you is pull the permit and arrange an electrical inspection if required.

More of the mystery dots... I would really love to know what the colored dots mean...
IMG_1152.jpg

Reactions: dsandhu
It's a dirt simple install - literally 3 wires. If an electrician can install a dryer outlet, they will have no trouble with a Tesla Wall Charger. What a qualified / licensed electrician can do for you is pull the permit and arrange an electrical inspection if required.
I would recommend running a 6/3 wire (with separate ground) and attach the neutral to the neutral bar in the panel (but leave the charger side of the wire in a wire nut as the HPWC doesn't need it) so if in the future tesla adds a neutral line on a newer charger or someone comes along with a charger that needs a neutral, you are already set without having to redo the whole thing.

I drove by the Rockville SC / DC earlier today. Not many MYs around, although 3 looked to be getting prepped inside. Another poster claimed to have seen many there over last weekend. So if true, they are going somewhere - either to customers or to a storage lot offsite.
I saw a ton there. I think they may have moved them somewhere. I don’t know. I know mine (MSM LR) is still there. Just sitting there…lonely for a driver to love it and bring it home…

Just got a hold of my original SA (finally) in San Diego. He said he has a preproduction tool and looked up my Y

he said according to that my Y should be released from the factory on 6/5 and delivery of 6/6. He did say give it a little wiggle room, but only by 1-3 days (in either direction), and that the tool is fairly accurate.
Nice! When did you order and what specs?