Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2EE4CEAC-0B78-462B-B32A-EE4BD621314E.jpeg

Finally decided to pull those wheel covers off.

Did anyone get their loan check to Tesla 2 weeks before delivery and in that case did you just sit on it or went ahead to the delivery center and paid it in advance. I’m trying to decide because as far as I’m concerned I’m starting to incur finance charges and the loan is funded and I have my check. Thinking why not give it to Tesla so atleast they can put the money to use!!
Yes! I live in Michigan and Tesla isn’t licensed to sell here so I have to pay before they will ship the car into the state. I got my VIN on Saturday and paid for the car today. My delivery estimate is 11/25 to 12/1.

Yes! I live in Michigan and Tesla isn’t licensed to sell here so I have to pay before they will ship the car into the state. I got my VIN on Saturday and paid for the car today. My delivery estimate is 11/25 to 12/1.
Thank you. In my case I could have walked into the delivery center with the check on day of pickup. However, I went to the delivery center today and handed over the check. Thinking was that I am incurring interest on the loan anyways and hence why not put the money to use!!

My delivery is scheduled for November 26!! (Friday)

This may be obvious, but can someone explain the electronic payment options at delivery? Our SA is 2 hours away so I’m nervous about showing up with no down payment arranged. Can I just pay from my bank account on their website once I’m satisfied with the car?

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
The chatter in the September and October OD threads sounds like MYLR deliveries are being sped up because lots of people have put orders on hold till after Jan. 1,,,. Also sounds like a report that Tesla is starting to say no to holds, that your options are to take your MY now or cancel the order and re-book later for 2022 delivery... and go to the back of the one and ....at the new, much higher prices.
Has anyone run into this yet or is it a bad rumor?

The chatter in the September and October OD threads sounds like MYLR deliveries are being sped up because lots of people have put orders on hold till after Jan. 1,,,. Also sounds like a report that Tesla is starting to say no to holds, that your options are to take your MY now or cancel the order and re-book later for 2022 delivery... and go to the back of the one and ....at the new, much higher prices.
I haven’t heard of that on this forum.

I ordered my Y when the EDD was April because I will need a new car in April(or about). It would suck If it moves all the way up to December as I will not be ready for the car until at least a few months.

Folks with new deliveries… for DIY ceramic coating… are you going with SiO2 ceramic coating or going with the new product Graphene that a lot of detailers are speaking about. Any experiences to share?

I’m looking at the Ethos Graphene product.
You should check this YT channel out: https://youtube.com/c/ScottHD

He isn't sponsored by any of the companies and does some amazing long-running tests and even has detailed excel sheets he makes available with the current results on his experiments.

Last I'd checked, the consensus was that the graphene stuff was mostly hype and some of the quality ceramic coatings fared better. A good option from his testing is to also go with something like Griot's Garage 3-in-1 Ceramic Wax that lasted about 6 months in his tests. That is less permanent and easier to apply and obviously a lot cheaper. That's what I'm planning on using when I get my car. Applying that 2X a year at home should be very straightforward.

What is Tesla offering for it? As a data point CarMax offered me 41K for my 2019 SR+ whereas Tesla offered $31.7K. Might want to shop around, as used prices continue to climb and for whatever reason Tesla doesn’t offer competitive prices at least in my area. Good luck.
Tesla offered me $10,000 less than most offers I got (carmax, vroom, webuyanycar); and I sold it privately for 11,000 more that what Tesla offered
Update: they're canceling my VIN and putting my order back in the queue. Kind of unbelievable, and not a great customer experience.

I spoke with a rep, and asked him "was there anything I could have done differently? Informed you of my travel plans, etc.?" He said: "Nooo we're all kind of just at the mercy of the manufacturing." And while he assured me that my order would likely be fulfilled soon ("within a month") he couldn't give me any certainty.

Morale of the story: Don't go on vacation. 🤦
That stinks!! Fingers crossed you get a new VIN soon!!!

Trying to get insurance is becoming problematic. Apparently Progressive does not recognize my VIN. Tesla advised me my car was produced yesterday, and that the vin is accurate - progressive needs to update their system…

My insurance guy tells me I have up to 30 days after purchase to get the car added to my policy. I explain that Tesla requires proof of insurance with the vin, but he doesn’t agree…

I may simply have to photoshop something.

This is odd.
I got insurance through progressive for MY and my older car. As of last Sunday they didn’t have the new vins in their system but they can push it through. Both cars are insured starting on 11/17. My rep had no problem after checking with her manager. Check with your insurance guy again.

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
This was talked about on Reddit last light and a couple YouTubers video comments talked about it as well. Still can’t say if it’s true or not but at this point nothing would surprise me.

You should check this YT channel out: https://youtube.com/c/ScottHD

He isn't sponsored by any of the companies and does some amazing long-running tests and even has detailed excel sheets he makes available with the current results on his experiments.

Last I'd checked, the consensus was that the graphene stuff was mostly hype and some of the quality ceramic coatings fared better. A good option from his testing is to also go with something like Griot's Garage 3-in-1 Ceramic Wax that lasted about 6 months in his tests. That is less permanent and easier to apply and obviously a lot cheaper. That's what I'm planning on using when I get my car. Applying that 2X a year at home should be very straightforward.
Wow… that’s a treasure trove.
The choice of products is overwhelming and I’m hoping for a 5yr product or something like it. Twice a year will probably result in me missing the cadence and risking missing out on taking care of the coats in time.

So Tesla deliveries appear to have 2 speeds, glacial and warp speed….I went from a 28 day window to a 10 day window yesterday and after 191 days since my order (drumroll)…Today, I finally have my VIN with an EDD of Nov 30 - Dec 3. What a long, strange trip it’s been…
Where in NC are you? I had my delivery scheduled for this Friday and they had to move it *back* to next week because my car isn’t arriving until Sunday.

Oh, and obligatory plug to fill out the google form so we can track missing USB ports.