Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How difficult was it to install?
The video linked above showed it was not terribly difficult, as long as you have tools to take the dash off safely. But it has a steep price tag - $680 with the front blind spot camera. So, that's a big turn off - and looks like it would benefit from a matte screen protector to cut down glare.

The video linked above showed it was not terribly difficult, as long as you have tools to take the dash off safely. But it has a steep price tag - $680 with the front blind spot camera. So, that's a big turn off - and looks like it would benefit from a matte screen protector to cut down glare.
Unless I really, really find I miss car play, which I don’t think I will, as I can just connect my phone for stuff I have in Apole land, I don’t think I will go there. I like the clean look without the display myself.

Unless I really, really find I miss car play, which I don’t think I will, as I can just connect my phone for stuff I have in Apole land, I don’t think I will go there. I like the clean look without the display myself.
It also blocks the vent right in front of your face. I live in a hot area and so it was hard pass for me just because of that. It isn't like the airspeed is overwhelming to begin with, it is noisy on max speed and has no vented/cooled seats. So I just got a mount that allows me to put my phone on the edge of the main screen.

Congratulations. That red is glistening. Love it. Now to get to work on the ppf and frunk. Lol.
Yes… installed the accessories. Completed two coats of ceramic on the white seats today. PPF is beginning to feel overwhelming… but just need to start 😃

Frunk should be an easier endeavor or do I hope :)

The guy in the video does a lot of installs, so while his looks relatively straightforward, I always wonder what it’s like for the average buyer. I’m with you, however, that price tag is up there , and I also like the clean look. On top of the fact I am already going to pay for full body PPF, it’s very unlikely that I will be purchasing.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Um, yeah, I'm a bit in shock, but....I got a VIN number!!???!?! 😮

I really wasn't planning on the possibility of getting it so soon, my original EDD was half a year from now and I just ordered it a few weeks ago! The charger isn't even coming until this Friday!!! I would need to sell some TSLA shares now in order to take delivery, and I really wanted to hold off until 2022 to do that. Plus I still had hope the $8K Government Rebate might get passed for Jan 1, if I take the MY now I give that up.

Then again, I have made a lot of money from TSLA over the years, I really can afford to give a bit back. Even if it isn't the most financially prudent choice.

I need to make a decision this weekend, but I think I'm leaning towards giving myself a very early Christmas present.... 🤔

Um, yeah, I'm a bit in shock, but....I got a VIN number!!???!?! 😮

I really wasn't planning on the possibility of getting it so soon, my original EDD was half a year from now and I just ordered it a few weeks ago! The charger isn't even coming until this Friday!!! I would need to sell some TSLA shares now in order to take delivery, and I really wanted to hold off until 2022 to do that. Plus I still had hope the $8K Government Rebate might get passed for Jan 1, if I take the MY now I give that up.

Then again, I have made a lot of money from TSLA over the years, I really can afford to give a bit back. Even if it isn't the most financially prudent choice.

I need to make a decision this weekend, but I think I'm leaning towards giving myself a very early Christmas present.... 🤔
Awesome! Congratulations!

What’s your VIN?

EDD just got pushed to 02/23-03/23 from 02/01-03/01.... let's hope this swings back with an January date...here is to hoping!

MYLR | OD 9/20 | Profile completed 09/21 | EDD 02/09-03/10 02/25-03/25 02/01-03/01 02/23-03/23| Midnight Silver | No tow | 5 seats | 19" Wheels | No FSD

I don't know if its safe to post a full VIN on the net or not, so I'll hide the first couple numbers: *******E2MF302147

So it's a 2021 LR MY from Fremont.
Mmmm... that's why you got it so fast, it's 2021....

Make sure you inspect the car very well before accepting the delivery, it may have been a rejected/fixed car.....

The car should have a sticker showing the date it was built....

Mmmm... that's why you got it so fast, it's 2021....

Make sure you inspect the car very well before accepting the delivery, it may have been a rejected/fixed car.....

The car should have a sticker showing the date it was built....

Yeah, it does seem to be an October-November built car from what I've read online. You give good advice, I wonder if it's a cancellation from someone else and I just got slotted in? Or it might be what you say, someone else rejected it.

I better be sure to follow my pre-delivery checklist very carefully. I really don't want that pump noise a few other MY owners have been reporting for a few months now.

Reactions: PatrickTM