Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am starting to wonder if tow parts area supply chain issue. For an August booking that can only be the reason for such a delay.
If only...part of me thinks the decision on who gets a VIN is either random draw or
1638574496644.gif

My guess is orders being pushed to Jan were likely to make room for all the people being forced out of long holds. With possibility of tax credit in Jan, I think Tesla calculated that the likelihood of forcing people on hold to take delivery with the threat of cancellation is higher than going through regular non-hold orders one by one and seeing a good percentage of them postpone to Jan.
Unfortunately, I think your assessment is probably correct. While I disagree with the logic if that is the case (and we will never know), I have a problem with Tesla pushing those of us who are ready and willing to take delivery now out to Jan-Feb 2022. My opinion only, but those who delayed delivery should have been pushed out to February or March, but then Tesla would have effectively been giving those who delayed delivery exactly what they wanted. I guess it was a lose-lose decision from a customer satisfaction standpoint, but we all know that is not a concern of Tesla. Rant over. Inner peace.

I saw someone earlier note how to pay using ach transfer without using plaid, not I cannot find it. Can anyone confirm how to do this?
iirc, if you have "complete payment", if you click that, it asks you to select your bank. There should be an option for search for your bank / can't find my bank, something like that. if you then click cancel, it should give you the option to enter payment details manually. My memory is fuzzy, I did this about a month ago, but there is someone who managed to take screenshots in their post so maybe that can be shared by someone if that doesn't work for you.