Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Try to delete and reinstall your Tesla app. Sounds like it is out of date
Deleting and reinstalling the app didn’t change anything, but I appreciate the reply.

I can see my MY order number and image of my configuration in the app - I just have to go online to see details; however, for the Tesla Shop, I can see my order history details within the app.

It’s only a minor inconvenience since I only check about once a day. Maybe I’ll be able to do more in the app once I receive an EDD. Thanks again!

Deleting and reinstalling the app didn’t change anything, but I appreciate the reply.

I can see my MY order number and image of my configuration in the app - I just have to go online to see details; however, for the Tesla Shop, I can see my order history details within the app.

It’s only a minor inconvenience since I only check about once a day. Maybe I’ll be able to do more in the app once I receive an EDD. Thanks again!
Same, I went and deleted as a previous poster recommended and no difference.

I have something weird. First, I use a regular desktop to check my order, not the app. So today, in addition to taking my order off hold I have a QR code for the app showing up in my account and a note saying to download the app and update my insurance info. But I've already downloaded the app, and I had updated my insurance info a long time ago. And when I go to the app it doesn't say anything about insurance info; just that they'll notify me when it's time to take delivery. (Of course, I don't even have an EDD or VIN yet.)

So I can't figure it out.

Reactions: PatrickTM
I have something weird. First, I use a regular desktop to check my order, not the app. So today, in addition to taking my order off hold I have a QR code for the app showing up in my account and a note saying to download the app and update my insurance info. But I've already downloaded the app, and I had updated my insurance info a long time ago. And when I go to the app it doesn't say anything about insurance info; just that they'll notify me when it's time to take delivery. (Of course, I don't even have an EDD or VIN yet.)

So I can't figure it out.
Yep. Pretty standard results for the web page since app was updated. Everything is done via the app now. I had insurance done on website prior to updated app and now show same as you

Is this a good thing or a bad thing?
Not sure! It's my first EDD update in over a month, so I guess it's a good thing?

Either way, looks like my car's absolute need date is January 24, as my wife's school is confirmed to start then. Originally it was going to be April so this moves things up a bit. If we can take delivery around end of January that'll be great for us. February/March is doable. April or later and I'll be pretty annoyed.

Reactions: boingolover
My SA just called about a trade-in question I had.
I inquired about the auto hold removal yesterday, she said I still won't be considered for a vin match until 1/1/22, then depending on specific config(MYP for me), it could still take several months. 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️
I think I'm more confused now than before the phone call...lol

My SA just called about a trade-in question I had.
I inquired about the auto hold removal yesterday, she said I still won't be considered for a vin match until 1/1/22, then depending on specific config(MYP for me), it could still take several months. 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️
I think I'm more confused now than before the phone call...lol
Lol, SA's dont have any clue, take it with a pinch of salt.

Are MY current deliveries 2022 or 2021?
If you are asking Model Year, they have been 2022 since November. But Tesla does not do updates based on model year, but when they are ready too, and random across the regions.

As an example, Rumor is that some, very recent MY may have the new AMD chip, but for sure, 2022s from November do not.

My dearest Elon,

I write you to share my love, and plead; plead that you won't let Audi upstage our automobiles with their fancy matrix LED light system.

I plead, do not let them show technical superiority, even for a minute.

Yours truly,
AndroidAuto

Sorry to say, if not heard of any deliveries with the upgraded headlights. I would really like those also.

Reactions: BGOwner
Here's an update on the 'automatic release from hold' that lots of folks got a few days ago, including me. Since I was seeing stories about people being given one day or two days to take delivery after after coming off hold, I figured maybe I'd better be ready to take delivery since they'd popped me off of hold, so I called them to make sure my financing was all arranged.

And 'he' told me that in fact my order was still on hold through Jan 2 regardless of what my account was saying.

The other thing he said when I mentioned I'd been hearing about these people given 24 hours or whatever is that that COULD happen, and so the best thing is to be ready. REALLY ready; financing arranged, insurance arranged, and available to pick up the car, because if you refuse that first 'quicker' offer then no kidding you'll go to the back of the line, which he said would probably be around April.

So it sounds like when you go on hold you retain some sort of status and may get a quick 'offer' of a VIN when you come off; you don't necessarily and automatically go to the back of the line. But if you refuse that first offer then you WILL go to the back of the line.

So I guess what I'm piecing together is actually most of us are probably still on hold until 12/31 or Jan 1 or whatever your date is (Jan 1 slipping to Jan 2 since no deliveries on the holiday), but when you come off there's a chance you'll get a quick shot at a VIN, so if you want that, be ready. If you're not ready, and they offer a car and you refuse, it looks like you'll go to the back of the line.

Also, I'm not in this situation from trying to manipulate the tax credit, but they're fully aware most people are, so he automatically launched into his 'no tax credit is coming any time soon' spiel. I shut that down because it doesn't apply to me, but he said they know that's what most people are doing so that's why they're sort of playing a little bit of hardball with the initial VIN. And honestly, I don't blame them. So if you've been playing the stall game for the credit, and now that the credit may not be coming all of a sudden now want your car ASAP, you need to be really no-kidding ready because it sounded to me like they're a little bit fed up with it.