Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aww, after a couple days at May 7-27 it went back up to May 11-31.

I'm eager to get it of course but I am mostly just watching to make sure it doesn't suddenly jump to the early estimate before I can make my money transfers (I am paying cash). There will also be a week in the middle of May where I won't be available so I need to have ample notice to change those plans in case the delivery date happens then.

Ordered on 4/10 in NYC
Model Y LR AWD / white exterior / black interior / 20'' induction / no FSD
Originally was May 5 - May 28 but changed to May 28 - June 17 and stayed the same for almost a week now :(

Emailed to my closest service center asking for status but haven't gotten any replies yet.
Crazy how the dates are so all over the place, I ordered on 4/2 and now my dates jumped back to May 21- June 10 😭

We may be picking up on the same day and cars arriving on the same train / carrier.

I live near the SC so I've been watching the new ones coming in and a match for our configs has arrived several times throughout April.

I'm waiting for an insurance quote from Allstate now that I have the VIN.
I was actually going to go up there today and see what it’s all about. I’ve only been to the showroom in the TC for the test drive, so I know nothing when it comes from the SC side. I’m hoping the schedule delivery date comes soon! Did you reach out to anyone to see exactly where the car is? I emailed my SA but he isn’t as responsive as I would like 🤣

I was actually going to go up there today and see what it’s all about. I’ve only been to the showroom in the TC for the test drive, so I know nothing when it comes from the SC side. I’m hoping the schedule delivery date comes soon! Did you reach out to anyone to see exactly where the car is? I emailed my SA but he isn’t as responsive as I would like 🤣
The service center is pretty nice but they follow Tesla policy for our area. That is have your COVID mask on. If you go by, park in the back and enjoy looking at the ones in the lot but I don't touch trying to be respectful as it is not a show room. The cars with number tags are there for service.

Last year I did my stealth interview of various SA's. A couple were down right snooty. Tom was really nice and was our test drive assistant last year. They don't go with you anymore. But I selected Robert as my SA. He is very responsive and even gives me his days off schedule so I know if he doesn't get back right away. He also is a real Tesla enthusiast and goes overboard in explaining things and only stops when I tell him I'm up on that. Raquel is also very friendly and enthusiastic but she is quite new and doesn't know much yet. When Robert wasn't in she was eager to go ask the manager when I asked her a few basic questions on ordering she didn't know. All that being said, I would suggest making a face to face visit and asking for your SA by name. Email is slow and text message is limited. I only reach out when I have lots of questions so I don't make a pest of myself.

The SA has access to the GPS once your VIN is posted so they can access the location even while traveling across the country on the train.

Reactions: ZC3505
Rant warning.
I decided to try this. Not only has my SC not received a shipment, they have one of those kid model s power toys as their only show car currently. My SA bullshitted me about why he’s been non-responsive and why my delivery date has been slipping for about 20 minutes. What really pisses me off right now is he found my estimated build date to be April 30 which is the same day my trade in offer expires. His suggestion was to make sure I stay under 1000 miles until I take delivery (currently estimated for May 15) and hopefully they’ll still accept it, but he’s not confident in that. I feel like I can’t even use my own car now, it’s so freaking annoying. Some other points he made include “we can’t build cars right now”, “it’s the microchip shortage”, “there is nothing my manager or I can do, you best bet would be to contact Elon at this point”, “no one in Florida has an April delivery estimate currently”. I wanted to go full Karen with those last two statements but I feel like I controlled myself for the most part. I tried to calmly explain that as my SA he is the only contact I’ve been given for the entire process. Not responding to me for a week is pissing me off. Ultimately I cannot believe how bad the experience has been. Everything starting with test drives all the way to now has been handled completely different than what they say to anticipate. I’m hoping they pull through in the end and I’m so impressed with my model y none of this will matter. Right now I’m just so frustrated.
Same boat, my SA sucks. I was only able to speak with one guy with any answers. My SA tried to tell me another associate at his location has access to more information in the computer then he does. For clarification not a manager or superior just someone who has been there longer 🙃.

anyone in the midwest around st louis SC get VIN assigned?
I ordered on 3/25...still just seeing "1-10 weeks". Last update I got about two weeks ago from the SA in Kansas City was last week of April/first week of May. My profile hasn't moved a bit, so I'm going to give her a call to see if there's any new info.

I almost like it being stuck at 1-10 weeks so I'm not consumed with refreshing the page over and over.

Crazy how all over the place the dates are! We ordered one on 4/5 for the wife and have seen so many different date ranges so far. I was ready to wait until June but it just updated today to show 4/21-5/07... After my first two deliveries though I don't believe anything in the portal until a VIN appears and even then the VIN can just disappear and leave you hanging! Sit tight! its worth it!

The service center is pretty nice but they follow Tesla policy for our area. That is have your COVID mask on. If you go by, park in the back and enjoy looking at the ones in the lot but I don't touch trying to be respectful as it is not a show room. The cars with number tags are there for service.

Last year I did my stealth interview of various SA's. A couple were down right snooty. Tom was really nice and was our test drive assistant last year. They don't go with you anymore. But I selected Robert as my SA. He is very responsive and even gives me his days off schedule so I know if he doesn't get back right away. He also is a real Tesla enthusiast and goes overboard in explaining things and only stops when I tell him I'm up on that. Raquel is also very friendly and enthusiastic but she is quite new and doesn't know much yet. When Robert wasn't in she was eager to go ask the manager when I asked her a few basic questions on ordering she didn't know. All that being said, I would suggest making a face to face visit and asking for your SA by name. Email is slow and text message is limited. I only reach out when I have lots of questions so I don't make a pest of myself.

The SA has access to the GPS once your VIN is posted so they can access the location even while traveling across the country on the train.
We did our test drive in mid March and that was a big point of us picking Tesla - the SA wasn’t pushy at all and it felt like I was buying an iPhone. Basically if you want it, buy it. If not, no harm no foul. Keith is our SA and he was awesome in person. Outside of in person, it’s quite delayed.

Do you know where your car is right now? I’m willing to bet we’re on the same truck or very close to it.