Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Both, the distribution center on Rraintree and the overflow lot on Northsight have been indeed replenished. There are a number of vehicles on Raintree, although not as many as I have seen in the past. And the overflow lot is almost full. There is probably space left over for about three to five more truckloads.

Oh man pleaseeeeeeeeeeee let one of those be mine :)

volume. fair point. Thats just what was in my head when I visualized waiting a couple months for the car. Like text updates...or more detail than a randomly moving date window. :)

I also envisioned "getting the vin" was what happened as soon as it was being produced, and getting notification as such. Not, car gets built anonymously, sits around for a couple weeks, then you get VIN.

I was hoping for a gradual slide into delivery. But seems "heres your vin, you have 3 days to get the car" is the way it goes lol

But I cant get the check from the credit union OR insurance until the VIN exists. And I cant get the car without EITHER of those...so its going to be a rush.
It usually is the way you mention - Most of the time the VIN gets assigned during the manufacturing process and you get it at that point, so you can get updates on where it is in the process and know pretty closely when it'll be delivered. This is a very different case than normal, because of the updates going out - they didn't assign VINs during manufacturing because they probably weren't sure when specific cars would get the updates, so as they get updated the VIN gets assigned to the first person in the area waiting for that build type.

That's why they give you the choice to decline the change (and not get a new car). You didn't pay for "radar", you paid for intelligent follow/cruise/autopilot systems - If the new system does everything the old system does it doesn't matter how.

You're making the decision to purchase this car along with everything we know - If you're not satisfied with the car, how Tesla is doing things, etc... you have the right to not purchase the car.
yes and no? it depends on how the order agreement was drafted and whether tesla will be considered as representing that their system has a radar element to it. but then again it does not matter to me - like i said in my post i am trying to think of excuses for them to delay older orders rather than newer ones.

my post was not a complaint about "i am not getting a radar".

Its very unlikely - but i have been doing the "ctrl+u" but and looking at the source code. there is a lot of gibberish inside that says stuff like this:

:"Add Autopilot","addAfterDelivery":"$5,300 if added after delivery","addAfterDeliveryBase":"$4,000 if added after delivery","addAfterDeliveryFsd":"$10,600 if added after delivery","addBaseAutoPilot":"Yes, add Autopilot ($0). Your pricing will be updated. I acknowledge I will not be able to make any further changes to my vehicle.","addEnhancedAutoPilot":"Add enhanced autopilot","addFullSelfDriving":"Yes, add Full Self-Driving ($10,600). Your pricing will be updated. I acknowledge I will not be able to make any further changes to my vehicle.","addFullSelfDrivingCTA"

Does anyone know what that means? I have no idea what the $5300 and $4000 stands for. Right now I can only add FSD for $10600 (CAD).

I know Tesla isnt a "hey we did give you a radar but here's an umbrella for ya" company - but for those who placed an order before May (or the release of the no-radar order page) - we did agree to buy a car with a radar and now there isnt one. I am just looking at things as a whole, like earlier orders not getting VIN, the gibberish in the source code, legal risks (minimal and I am sure they do not care), and giving myself shitty excuses for the delay - there isnt much else I can do except for being delusional and patient.
Some of that may be leftover code from the previous times when Enhanced Autopilot was available for purchase.

Regarding the removal of radar, I'm of the opinion that we should get some perk (Supercharger miles, shop credit, EAP discount?) for temporarily reduced Autopilot features during their transition to Tesla Vision, but not necessarily for the removal of the radar hardware. In my view, I paid for the Autopilot features whether they're provided by Vision or radar combined with cameras. However, I understand that others wanted the peace of mind knowing that the cameras were supplemented with radar hardware that has been standard in vehicles for many years now.

Tesla has set a precedent for this type of action in the past, to the advantage and disadvantage of the end user. For example, over the past months for the Model Y, they've added the heated steering wheel, changed the console (for better or worse), started rolling out the global headlights (performance only so far), added double-paned glass, etc., without specifically announcing it or charging more for those features. I do hope that the switch the Tesla Vision is more of an advantage in the long-term by merging the progress made in the FSD beta into the basic Autopilot features.

Any Pittsburgh/Wexford folks get a VIN yet??
4/7 order date here... My SA told me weeks ago that the car was slated for production and should have arrived at the SC by now... Still waiting for a match. Wouldn't they have had that done before they shipped the car here?

Some of that may be leftover code from the previous times when Enhanced Autopilot was available for purchase.

Regarding the removal of radar, I'm of the opinion that we should get some perk (Supercharger miles, shop credit, EAP discount?) for temporarily reduced Autopilot features during their transition to Tesla Vision, but not necessarily for the removal of the radar hardware. In my view, I paid for the Autopilot features whether they're provided by Vision or radar combined with cameras. However, I understand that others wanted the peace of mind knowing that the cameras were supplemented with radar hardware that has been standard in vehicles for many years now.

Tesla has set a precedent for this type of action in the past, to the advantage and disadvantage of the end user. For example, over the past months for the Model Y, they've added the heated steering wheel, changed the console (for better or worse), started rolling out the global headlights (performance only so far), added double-paned glass, etc., without specifically announcing it or charging more for those features. I do hope that the switch the Tesla Vision is more of an advantage in the long-term by merging the progress made in the FSD beta into the basic Autopilot features.
We'd be lucky if we get a cup or a t shirt lol.

It usually is the way you mention - Most of the time the VIN gets assigned during the manufacturing process and you get it at that point, so you can get updates on where it is in the process and know pretty closely when it'll be delivered. This is a very different case than normal, because of the updates going out - they didn't assign VINs during manufacturing because they probably weren't sure when specific cars would get the updates, so as they get updated the VIN gets assigned to the first person in the area waiting for that build type.

yep thats the way I saw it. But didnt dull the pain thinking our cars are just sitting on a lot somewhere. :p :D :cool:

Reactions: Sudsington
Does anyone think that with the removal of radar we might get more range? I'm spitballing but if that's one less thing taking up juice and AP already had cameras, it can run more efficient? Plus the reduced weight of the sensor itself?
I feel like it'll be negligible as far as weight goes (like the range hit I'll get when I eat a big burrito), but maybe the power draw?

• Funny
Reactions: RickCo

I think that Tesla has set the expectation that they do not give out free things for delays, and the like, and they don't really incentive to...they're booking out sales months in advance, which means there's nothing forcing them to do anything about this. If people cancel their cars there are already others waiting in line that will take them. Until that changes, Tesla probably won't see a reason to give out things.

Reactions: Sudsington