Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@AlKreischer , so your white interior LACKS a functional passenger side lumbar? And @with_raiden has a black interior WITH lumbar? And it appears the VINs are all over the place wrt passenger lumbar. This doesn’t make sense, especially with some completely missing buttons and some have buttons that do nothing.
Yeah this lumbar thing is completely strange

For those of you that previously went to different SCs and found large numbers of cars in inventory awaiting delivery; has all of the inventory now been depleted and (presumably) delivered to customers?
No, here is the latest from AZ - a lot of people in our thread are still waiting for VINs from early / mid April.

PXL_20210530_191926711.jpg

PXL_20210530_191912714.jpg
PXL_20210530_191919157.jpg

Headrest was managed by the screen in the X, as was lumbar early on and it was pretty awful. BUT, I am sure they can do better.
Might not be perfect but better than nothing right?

I mean would it even make sense for them to remove the entire system from the seats? I feel like that would be way more costly than simply removing the button and consolidating the operations to the screen. The front seats are identical. Creating one with and one without just seems like a complexity that Tesla would avoid. They already have wiring from the central system to the seat to power the heat. The harness is there.

My fingers are crossed that in an upcoming update they add screen controls for lumbar just like with the heated seats, effectively eliminating the need for the vestigial button on the drivers side too.

@AlKreischer , so your white interior LACKS a functional passenger side lumbar? And @with_raiden has a black interior WITH lumbar? And it appears the VINs are all over the place wrt passenger lumbar. This doesn’t make sense, especially with some completely missing buttons and some have buttons that do nothing.
My white interior has no button on passenger side, just a plastic cover just like this pic:
F07D773F-B6A1-417A-80C9-EAC95332B82F.jpeg