Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Random thoughts:

1. It was 115 degrees today. Tell me more about this "Cabin Overheat Protection."
2. The A/C was decent but being able to start climate control before I got into the car was amahzing. Did I mention it was 115 degrees?
3. I think have now totally adapted to the one pedal thing, took me about an hour of driving to be maybe 95% automatic.
4. Passing gas stations is fun.
5. That rattling noise coming from the back was just my old license plates calm down.
6. Team Blue. I picked up my BFF for lunch and she was all "oh it's just like your old Nissan Murano" and I'm all "yes, I loved that color, that's why I picked it!"
7. Feels weird to walk away from it after I park.
8. Worth the wait.

Random thoughts:

1. It was 115 degrees today. Tell me more about this "Cabin Overheat Protection."
2. The A/C was decent but being able to start climate control before I got into the car was amahzing. Did I mention it was 115 degrees?
3. I think have now totally adapted to the one pedal thing, took me about an hour of driving to be maybe 95% automatic.
5. That rattling noise coming from the back was just my old license plates calm down.
6. Team Blue. I picked up my BFF for lunch and she was all "oh it's just like your old Nissan Murano" and I'm all "yes, I loved that color, that's why I picked it!"
8. Worth the wait.
Cabin Overheat Protection automatically turns on the fan (without AC) and vents the hot air out so the interior is never hotter than 105 degrees (just a little warmer than body temperature). This makes it easier to pre-cool the car with AC before you get in, but even if you forget to pre-cool the car it won’t be scorching hot when you enter.

That's my car as well. Have driven it for a week now. Each day gets better. LOVE it. Several trips from Poughkeepsie to NYC now. Getting used to auto pilot, cruise control, high beam, phantom breaking. The latter two seem to be improving over time or maybe it's me. Also getting accustomed to actual mileage vs, guestimated battery mileage, trying to figure out where I can improve (speeds, etc). Now to figure out best way to wash and should I go the PPF route. Put mud flaps on, (note, there's an actual bolt on the rear skirt that has changed from a push lock fastener). Then the spoiler trim. Did go with the 3D floor mats, love them. Glad I didn't get the center console wrap, seems Tesla took care of that problem. And finally, found center console dividers. And, oops again, purchased a 250 GB SSD for the security system however, SA told me there is already one in the car. Have not checked out that figure yet. Anyway, everyone enjoy. I've been through this waiting game rollercoaster and the end result makes you forget all about the trials and tribulations.

Congratulations! What do you mean when you say Tesla took care of the Center console wrap problem? And what brand center console divider did you get?

Anyone think they will put out more demo cars? I’m starting to think this is the way to go now and of course most are already gone in the configuration options I’d be interested in.
I think they’ll put more out. There were 124 on Tuesday night. All gone in 36 hours. Then 200+ Thursday night and now most/all gone. They’re delivering almost everyday and there are folks not able to take delivery for whatever reason. As we all know, instead of matching to an existing order, they’ll put that car in inventory.

I would guess there are more demos out there too. Keep checking EV-Tesla.com to see the nationwide availability. Oddly, the Tesla local site sometimes shows different cars.

Whatever you do, if you’re serious, don’t want for your SA to find it and don’t wait to reach them to secure whatever you find. Just “buy” and move.

Reactions: yv63s and billp0527
Random thoughts:

8. Worth the wait.
When did you order your car and get delivery? I also live in Vegas and am waiting for my car. Ordered 5/1 MYP. Got vin yesterday but current time is 2-9 weeks

What an adventure, so no MYP now? For me at only $400 discount I will wait for the new car smell. As long as I can get it before Sept! If I stick with my LR order it says delivery between July 22 to Aug 11. I would imagine an MYP order will not be far off that either.
No MYP. I am feeling really good about that decision at this point. Just not worth the price delta to me. I did end up with the 7 seater though so glad I didn't order any floormats. ;-)

In hindsight, I didn't think we'd use the back seats. Then I realized when her parents come to visit, we can't take everyone in the house with just 5 seats. So maybe it will actually be useful. Not to mention, it sometimes can be helpful (quieter) to keep your kids as far away from you as possible when in the car. That was one big plus between the 3 and Y, absolutely no chance of our kid kicking the back of the seat in the Y. In the 3, she did it on the test drive.

Reactions: elguapo
When did you order your car and get delivery? I also live in Vegas and am waiting for my car. Ordered 5/1 MYP. Got vin yesterday but current time is 2-9 weeks
I ordered 4/11 and got my VIN 5/29 in the evening. I got the link to schedule the next morning and took the earliest appointment with was 6/4, but on 6/3 a woman named Desiree called and said she had several appointments open that afternoon. During the week I had to talk to my SA Ryan about the payment link not showing up and he mentioned on 5/31 that the car was in transit and would probably arrive on 6/1. So, VIN to arrival in Las Vegas was 3 days and delivery another 2 days. Maybe call and ask when the car is expected to arrive, then ask for Desiree by name to squeeze you in.

Reactions: Soosh
Woke up this morning to do my usual refresh of my order page...has been creeping one day at a time like a lot of people. June 16th, June 17th, June 18th, all with a June 30th end date. Stayed at 6/18 for a few days. Today I refresh and get this 😭
CAB7F244-DCB0-4B64-B58B-88D8C26D4AB1.jpeg

Cabin Overheat Protection automatically turns on the fan (without AC) and vents the hot air out so the interior is never hotter than 105 degrees (just a little warmer than body temperature). This makes it easier to pre-cool the car with AC before you get in, but even if you forget to pre-cool the car it won’t be scorching hot when you enter.
Fans won't keep the interior from getting over 105 inside when it's more than 105 outside but the interior was probably over 150 so every bit helps, thank you!

Woke up this morning to do my usual refresh of my order page...has been creeping one day at a time like a lot of people. June 16th, June 17th, June 18th, all with a June 30th end date. Stayed at 6/18 for a few days. Today I refresh and get this 😭
View attachment 669820
Holy cow. Sooooo are they done manufacturing 7 sear config for the quarter? Maybe the 7 seaters are now batched to next Q?