Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't want to wire any money in case there were issues. I spoke with Tesla and if I didn't take delivery of the car, it could take 2-3 weeks to get my money back. As it was, even with the cashier's checks, there was a slight overage as they forget the savings of transferring my tag. I was told that would also take 2-3 weeks to get refunded.

Just something to keep in mind in case your car was a hot mess and you didn't want to take it. Tesla would have all your money if you wired it in advance. I wasn't willing to bet 60K+ before I saw and inspected my car.

Reactions: Cybwiz and elguapo
I didn't want to wire any money in case there were issues. I spoke with Tesla and if I didn't take delivery of the car, it could take 2-3 weeks to get my money back. As it was, even with the cashier's checks, there was a slight overage as they forget the savings of transferring my tag. I was told that would also take 2-3 weeks to get refunded.

Just something to keep in mind in case your car was a hot mess and you didn't want to take it. Tesla would have all your money if you wired it in advance. I wasn't willing to bet 60K+ before I saw and inspected my car.
They just emailed me that it will take 4 weeks for me to get a refund for a mistake they made. 🤦🏾‍♀️🤷🏾‍♀️

This is a must...2 weeks later.

with dark mode on and no ambient lights, its hard to drive on the highway at night without street lights. You can't really see the steering wheel....ambient lights on is a must. Read the car manual from to back while you wait for delivery. They Are a lot of misinformation out there.

with dark mode on and no ambient lights, its hard to drive on the highway at night without street lights. You can't really see the steering wheel....ambient lights on is a must. Read the car manual from to back while you wait for delivery. They Are a lot of misinformation out there.
I can’t say I relate with this. We drive in an area that’s often pitch black. The dark screen is all that’s needed. The steering wheel is, well, just where I would expect it to be every time.

Definitely check with the logistics team in Rockville - not your SA. Or you can check with the Delivery Experience Manager in Bethesda - he’s quite responsive and helpful. So was my SA, except he just couldn’t see what was up. Of course, on my delivery day, they were both “off”. Also, if you’re wiring funds, I wouldn’t pay until the last minute.

Side note - I was at Rockville SC today and aside from the two Ys they were delivering, the lot had basically no new Ys (or 3s for that matter) - it was as empty as I’ve seen it in 2-3 months. It was almost entirely empty. Same with Montgomery Mall. So they’re either storing them someplace totally new, or they had several inside in Rockville (they can probably fit 6-8 in the back for prep). I know mine is supposed to come on a truck this week, so we shall see.

Let us know how delivery goes!!! Good luck!
Good info! Mine is supposed to be delivered either today or tomorrow and my pickup appt is scheduled for Wednesday @ 11am at the Rockville SC. Will definitely be calling the SC tomorrow to make sure before heading over there.

Good info! Mine is supposed to be delivered either today or tomorrow and my pickup appt is scheduled for Wednesday @ 11am at the Rockville SC. Will definitely be calling the SC tomorrow to make sure before heading over there.
Interesting. So they’re either getting several truckloads this week, or giving people different arrival times for the same shipment. Neither would surprise me at this point.

Reactions: Cybwiz
Interesting. So they’re either getting several truckloads this week, or giving people different arrival times for the same shipment. Neither would surprise me at this point.
I am really really hopping to get some good news this week... 🤞🏻my EDD has been holding for the past few days now so I hope its finally on a truck on its way over but its been hard getting any more information out of the delivery center here. I don't know how many other Central FL people on this thread there are still left waiting. I've seen some east and west cost peeps commenting but thats it so I don't know... ugh 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Honestly, I think most SAs CAN get info on where the shipment is but a) it takes a step or two most don’t want to do because it would interrupt their time surfing TikTok and b) some have been burned when they tell folks “it’s arriving Wednesday” and the transport driver takes an extra 2-10 days! The transport drivers clearly have no incentive to deliver “on time”.

I think we are all good with being patient. It’s the fact Tesla can’t, or won’t, do anything to really manage expectations. Tell me from the beginning my car actually won’t be delivered until August, then actually deliver it in August and I would be fine.

I took possession of MY, white, performance model, 5 seater, tow pkg on Saturday. The delivery was called contactless, but truly streamlined. There are so many videos available and there is a Tesla person there to hand you keycards, etc. Very easy to get through it. I live 2.5 hours away, so the delivery team fully charged mine, and I was able to purchase a NEMA 14-50 adapter so I can charge in my garage. Installed or applied Adams Graphene Ceramic coating on paint. The car is spotless. Contactless delivery was great, Rocklin, CA

Having the cockpit as dark as possible helps your vision adapt to dark condition outside the vehicle - it is a good thing.

Reactions: dsandhu