Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And as of this morning its slipped again... down to 27-30... I am starting to think maybe that SA was right and it hasn't even left freemont yet, which if thats the case I am going to be pissed unless I get a good reason why its been sitting there this whole time.
I'm sorry man. You've been waiting so long, and I wouldn't be surprised if you get reassigned a new VIN. This one seems lost in a logistics black hole.

Reactions: digitalboi
I really lucked out. I ordered my LR My on June 8th and picked it up on Saturday June 19th. I was not prepared for it to be ready so soon, but I'm not complaining.

The really crappy part was that I curbed my wheel so badly on my way home, that now I need to replace the Right rear tire and wheel. I'm sooooo mad at myself. At least it's just the wheel and tire and i didn't crash it or something. I guess now I'm glad I didn't get the upgraded wheel, because then it would cost me even more to replace a tire with exactly 17 miles on it.

2021 MY LR Blue, white interior, FSD, no Tow hitch 19" Gemini wheels.
That is very unfortunate. But glad you got your "first one" over with! First curb rash is like the first door ding.

If the damage is bad enough that you can see that you need a total replacement wheel and tire, I'd suggest you get an alignment check as well. Could be totally fine, but better safe.

Just catching up in this thread…. Been a while since I’ve caught up.

my opinions….

AB - for those of us debating about MYP or MYLR, this is really where the value lies. I have caught myself saying "if I switch to a MYP I can get it sooner, I’ll have a faster car (if you’re not first you‘re last (tm-RickyBobbyInc), and I’ll possibly have a higher resale value". Then I realize, the wheels scare me (tiny sidewall = flats, curb rash, staggered formation so more cost for tires and you can"t rotate them) and the suspension is even more harsh than the MYLR and people complain about how harsh that suspension is. I’m coming from a prior ‘09 C63 so a stiff suspension is fine, but the MYP i think will be too much (for sure for the wife). Now for $2k you get 50% of the performance, keep wheels that you can rotate tires on, softer suspension and even may look a little stealth? Sign me up!! That said, bottomless wallet I’d take the MYP.

EDD - I had my order on hold until 6/4, but in hindsight if I had a completed profile before it was on hold I may have an earlier EDD. As it stands I’m looking at August. when my Edd was 8/2-8/22 my SA told me my gate date was 8/7. Now my EDD is 8/9-8/29 he said my gate date is 8/12. I really think it’s just the crazy logic Tesla supply chain/manufacturing systems at work. There is no logic to us, but on the back end changes are happening for a reason and it cares nothing about your emotions, frustrations or expectations. I think as orders near 60+ days, they get a higher priority, but even that doesn’t guarantee a delivery in your initial timeframe.

This will be an exercise in patience, humility, patience (did I say that already) and ultimately reward as you drive off in your brand new custom built Tesla designed by you, built for you.

It pains me to say this, especially as for some where the wait has been hands down wayyy to long, but you have to enjoy the ride. This will one day be a story you share with friends, but as you get back into your MY you’ll forget all about it as you zip off and enjoy the ride.

Stay Positive!!!
Love this. Excellent points!

Another option: if the speed of the P is important to you, and the 21" staggered wheels+rubber bands annoy you, one could buy a P and then sell the 21" wheels. Due to Tesla not selling any original parts or equipment to anyone without a matching VIN, there's a significant market out there for pristine 21" Model Y wheels with brand new tires. And then use part of the proceeds to buy a set of Martian, T Sportline, or even used 18", 19", or 20" Tesla wheels. You'd very easily come out ahead and make some money this way.

Ryan Shaw, Andy Slye Ben Sullins and Kyle Connor from Out of Spec Studios (he has a few channels and partners with invideEV and does EV reviews and range tests), they all helped me make my decision to get a Tesla, and convince my other half why the price tag is worth every penny.
I also like BTG (Bearded Tesla Guy).

It sounds like your sentry mode is NOT working. The problem is that it's not being triggered by the cameras even though it is being triggered by other things like vibration. An easy test is to enable sentry mode, then set down your keycard and/or phone away from the car. Approach the car and reach for the handle. It should trigger well before you touch the handle. If it doesn't then this is a clear indication that your sentry mode is not working.
You are assuming that an event occurred that should have triggered Sentry, but it wasn't. And TBH, I'm not sure if it was actually vibration that triggered Sentry vs. the camera system - reviewing the footage only shows vehicles passing closely.

Last edited:
That’s exactly my concern. Turns out in Texas you do have to pay first.
You always have to pay first before they actually hand the car over to you, the question is pay before what, what is the payment required for other than giving you the car? Can they not bring the car into Texas if it's not paid first? Tesla gets payment from the bank for most of the amount (unless you're buying it cash), and the loan does not start till you accept delivery, so technically they're not paid by the bank either until you accept delivery.

I remb in CA they had my registration at pickup. I can't remb if they processed it once I handed them over the check or not, but there was a waiting period after I gave them the check, maybe 15-20 minutes. It is possible that they are not able to do this in TX, or something like that with paperwork that needs to be prepared ahead of time. I would like to know the details tho.

The checklister comment by them is a bit off putting. I don’t think using a list of things to remind you to check is a bad thing, nor should be frowned upon. You can definitely run through a checklist in 30 mins or less, it doesn’t always mean it will take 4 hours of time.
Using a checklist is one thing but entering your delivery looking for something to be wrong is where they get frustrated. Lots of people dont seem happy until they find a problem.

Using a checklist is one thing but entering your delivery looking for something to be wrong is where they get frustrated. Lots of people dont seem happy until they find a problem.
To be perfectly honest, the whole checklist basically left my mind as soon as they brought Totoro out for me to inspect. Don't think that I didn't do an inspection, but it was dang near flawless so I was just admiring it for the most part. These are simply gorgeous vehicles.

Ordered a Model Y LR Metallic White Interior 20” Wheels on 4/17. Haven’t received a vin at all and it’s going on 10 full weeks EDD 6/24-6/30. Everyday the EDD start date is pushed back but the end date doesn’t change. Cool car to have but I feel like my wait is never going to end. Order was placed in Los Angeles I didn’t think this would take 11 week almost for a Model Y

Reactions: dsandhu