Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The two hitch cover is not too hard to remove. The first time I tried to remove it, I just used a flat screw driver (but a dull one without sharp edges) to insert into the upper right corner and carefully slightly pry it out a bit until my finger can catch the corner. Then I used my hand from there, just "peeling" it out from right to left.
There is a guy that printed some clips he made that work like a charm. My dad ordered a set for their MY. He showed that if you cut off about half the clips it is super easy to remove and still holds plenty tight. I'll try and find the video so you can order

Hitch Cover Removal Tools $15

I know... but he warned me that there are hard core fanboys out there that will lash out viciously. I decided not to read any of the comments on the article to save myself the anxiety. People will thing and say what they want. My only goal is to help TSLA succeed and sometimes you need to have your flaws pointed out so you can fix them. Its all part of growing and improving. They can afford to get away with sub-par customer facing policies now because they are hands above any competition but that will not last forever. Think about Starbucks, if they treated their customers like this would people pay $5 for their coffee? probably not as much as they do now, people would go back to their corner store coffee shops, DD or Wawa for us on the east (don't know the equivalent in the central and west sorry).

On another note my EDD slipped to the generic September so looks like I'll be calling my SA again today to find out what the story is. Wonder if I pissed someone off and they threw me back to the end of the queue...? ROFL wouldn't that be something
Sep AGAIN?! Lol I guess I shouldn’t even be surprised. Your saga is one of the more tumultuous for sure.

I think improving cust service is exactly what TSLA needs for long term growth. My friend in LA, who’s not into cars at all, was talked into a Model 3 in 2018 because everyone said it’s the best car on the market for a myriad of reasons. She enjoys driving it, not because it’s a Tesla but because it’s an EV, and her Tesla service experience convinced her that she DEFINITELY wants another EV but not another Tesla. Fortunately there’s now some competition and she can purchase another EV instead of going back to a gas BMW.

The Starbucks example is great. And yes, the west coast has more intense competition than Wawa and Dunkin. If ever in LA, try Philz, Intelligentsia, and Blue Bottle (to start, I’m sure other will argue and say they suck or whatever). Seattle has hundreds of local shops, every block, every corner. Too many to list.

The two hitch cover is not too hard to remove. The first time I tried to remove it, I just used a flat screw driver (but a dull one without sharp edges) to insert into the upper right corner and carefully slightly pry it out a bit until my finger can catch the corner. Then I used my hand from there, just "peeling" it out from right to left.
I was able to get it off last night using a plastic automotive pry tool kit I had ordered on Amazon. I was worried that using my small metal screwdrivers would damage the plastics. While I was able to get the tow hitch cover off, it did slightly scuff the bottom plastic bumper 'shelf' thats below the hitch cover. If I care enough I can probably polish the marks out of the plastic but what a pain to remove this thing! I'll likely leave it off for the Summer when my hitch is in use and put it back on for the Winter, however I might cut off a bunch of the tabs like the guy in the YouTube video shows, to make future removals easier.

So a new day, a new EDD. Pushed back to 7/31-8/20.

I truly do not understand their system.
I’m with you — jumped ahead today to 7/30 - 8/19. This week’s spread has been anywhere between 6/24 - September. I’m pretty sure they will deliver somewhere in that window… but it doesn’t help any of our understandings from the system of when.

I know... but he warned me that there are hard core fanboys out there that will lash out viciously. I decided not to read any of the comments on the article to save myself the anxiety. People will thing and say what they want. My only goal is to help TSLA succeed and sometimes you need to have your flaws pointed out so you can fix them. Its all part of growing and improving. They can afford to get away with sub-par customer facing policies now because they are hands above any competition but that will not last forever. Think about Starbucks, if they treated their customers like this would people pay $5 for their coffee? probably not as much as they do now, people would go back to their corner store coffee shops, DD or Wawa for us on the east (don't know the equivalent in the central and west sorry).

On another note my EDD slipped to the generic September so looks like I'll be calling my SA again today to find out what the story is. Wonder if I pissed someone off and they threw me back to the end of the queue...? ROFL wouldn't that be something
Sorry to hear the EDD moved again. The priority list that our SAs talked about seemed to be nonexistent.
Completely agree with you and @PatrickTM on the coffee shop example. Once there is competition, ecosystem and what the customer actually wants (service) it’s going to get interesting. Hoping Tesla improves for the better and doesn’t go the way of Comcast…

Every mile counts! Plus, if it’s a 5% gain, then I net out if I remove my Gemini caps which, when removed, reduce range by 4-5%!

What’s weird is the new S supposedly has a 100kw in it based on reports and has a 405 mile range and is a lot heavier. Hard to correlate due to increased weight in S.

I think Tesla wants the S and X to always have more range than their “inferior” siblings. My point is I think Tesla artificially limits range on the 3 and Y. Not just for charging reasons.

Finally got mine! Love it as always, missed my Tesla.
IMG_3844.jpg

Any issues that you noticed?
Nope, its perfect. Couple of notes, the No Radar thing is unnoticeable. The only thing is that you can't go more than 75 mph. Also, coming from the Standard Plus to the Dual Motor AWD Long Range, I can immediately tell the difference in power. Sound system is also way better, new console is also a welcome addition as I hated the old shiny one. So very happy with the upgrade.

Last edited:
Nope, its perfect. Couple of notes, the No Radar thing is unnoticeable. The only thing is that you can't go more than 75 mph. Also, coming from the Standard Plus to the Dual Motor AWD Long Range, I can immediately tell the difference in power. Sound system is also way better, new console is also a welcome addition as I hated the old shiny one. So very happy with the upgrade.

what do you mean can’t go more than 75 mph?!?

Reactions: cancoi
EDD has been holding around mid July for the past week, so hopefully that holds. I had an appt Monday the 28th for ppf and tint thinking I’d have my MY LR7 by then, but I’ll have to reschedule 😩
I’m on the same boat! The past week has been steady on July 20th - August 9th. Today marks one month since I ordered hopefully July brings better news. I officially sold my car yesterday 😫😫