Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The bad thing is, it wasn't even "rush hour" yet. I left Tysons Corner a little after 1 pm. I guess everyone took a half day to get to the beach!

Interestingly enough, when we went over the bridge in the morning, they had 3 lanes going east. When returning in the afternoon, they only had 2 east-bound lanes. Seemed a bit counterintuitive.
The weather today is certainly more of beach weather than Friday was and I am always looking for an excuse to take a half day, lol!

Hey guys. Can someone please explain to me in short what gap insurance is and why/whether I should get it for my model y? Financing the entire amount+ tax because the rate is so low

Gap insurance will cover the depreciation of the car vs your loan amount. It is generally a good idea if you've financed the entire amount.

edit - to expand, auto insurance without gap will only pay the amount the car is valued at right then, which could be less than the amount you owe. Gap fills that um ... gap ...

Hey guys. Can someone please explain to me in short what gap insurance is and why/whether I should get it for my model y? Financing the entire amount+ tax because the rate is so low
When you buy a new car conventional wisdom is that the value drops immediately and continues to go down in value over time. If the vehicle is involved in an event where it is deemed a total loss and the insurance company is not going to repair the car - most standard auto policies will pay you what is known as "actual cash value" of the car, basically the value they determine the car to be worth at that time.

If you are financing the vehicle, there could be several points in time where you could owe more than the car is worth. "Gap" insurance would cover that gap between the amount you still owe on the car and the value being paid by your insurance policy.

Questions - I have an order for a M3LR since the beginning of the month. I submitted the order as a cash deal as I was told I could change this later to finance and I was hearing that a cash order might expedite the situation and also the delivery times were all over the board that I didn't want to take credit hits multiple times or have an offer that expired. Current tentative delivery is July 16 - August 1st which I know is may not mean anything, but I'm wondering when I should have my SA change it to finance?

Is there enough time to change it to finance and apply after I get a Vin? I was thinking initially go through Tesla to see the rate (which seems to be 2.49), go through DCU and get a better rate and then have Tesla match? I wasn't sure how quick DCU has been on their side with everyone which I was hoping people could answer?

Hello all, I have been stalking this forum since I ordered a MYLR Black / White, 20’, No tow hitch no FSD on May 22nd. After the the back and forth with my EDD, I have been steady at July 19-August 8th. Unfortunately, I just got off the phone with my SA and she said I will most likley not take delivery before August 1st. I was really hoping I would get the full $2000 NY EV credit. I can kiss that goodbye. Now it will only be $500.00.

The bad thing is, it wasn't even "rush hour" yet. I left Tysons Corner a little after 1 pm. I guess everyone took a half day to get to the beach!

Interestingly enough, when we went over the bridge in the morning, they had 3 lanes going east. When returning in the afternoon, they only had 2 east-bound lanes. Seemed a bit counterintuitive.
You need to cross the bridge eastbound in the mornings on Fridays during the summer. Otherwise, wait until the early evening

Questions - I have an order for a M3LR since the beginning of the month. I submitted the order as a cash deal as I was told I could change this later to finance and I was hearing that a cash order might expedite the situation and also the delivery times were all over the board that I didn't want to take credit hits multiple times or have an offer that expired. Current tentative delivery is July 16 - August 1st which I know is may not mean anything, but I'm wondering when I should have my SA change it to finance?

Is there enough time to change it to finance and apply after I get a Vin? I was thinking initially go through Tesla to see the rate (which seems to be 2.49), go through DCU and get a better rate and then have Tesla match? I wasn't sure how quick DCU has been on their side with everyone which I was hoping people could answer?
I originally set up a cash deal, but changed to partial financing a few weeks before delivery. Your SA will have to do some backend things to allow you to change. How you pay for the car makes no difference in how fast you get it - it's all about production schedules and where you live. I think.

Yes. I applied for loan via DCU and it expired before I got a VIN. I applied again yesterday afternoon. Called them today and the check is on its way. Let me know if you need a DCU referral through me. You get $20, I get $10. I'd need your first name, last name and email id though which you can PM to me.

FWIW, the electricians also called today. 100A service plus 14-50 and standard 120 volt outlet at driveway will cost $2.5K. Same with 200A service is $2.9K. I asked for the 200A service and they said they could probably get it all done this week, maybe tomorrow, assuming they have the parts.

I knew this wasn't going to be cheap because they need to bring in more power from the street. I was planning to have central AC or a central evaporative cooler installed so I would have had to get the service amperage increased anyway even without the Tesla. Besides, it will be very convenient to be able to plug in my vacuum at the driveway.

It feels like everything was on hold or moving in slow motion for the past month and then today the dam burst.

Hello all, I have been stalking this forum since I ordered a MYLR Black / White, 20’, No tow hitch no FSD on May 22nd. After the the back and forth with my EDD, I have been steady at July 19-August 8th. Unfortunately, I just got off the phone with my SA and she said I will most likley not take delivery before August 1st. I was really hoping I would get the full $2000 NY EV credit. I can kiss that goodbye. Now it will only be $500.00.
Hoping this is not true 😩