Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
wait... if you receive a VIN and cannot pick up with the dates provided (maybe you are on vacation, it is the summer), you will lose the car? Is that what you are saying here??
Yes, if your SA won't work with you because sometimes they will, Tesla will remove the vin from you and try with someone else and you will be put back in the queue for one. They generally give three days and then YMMV.

Broooo what! Where is my car!? You think I get lucky???
Should be any day now.. woke up this morning and saw August and told myself wait till next way for some movement
When did you order again?
5/16

Messaged my SA today and he said that the car is on a truck in CA and on its way. Should be in MT Kisco in about a week.

Reactions: Nomesdrome
If you ordered online without going through a store this is not true. You will be assigned a regional SA until your car is set to be delivered and then it will switch over. If you did order online I suggest you go into the store and talk to an SA and have them transfer you from the regional pool into their store. Again, this only apples if you ordered without talking to the store first.
I have Tyson's Corner, from what I've read here I may never hear from them and they don't pick up the phone. I emailed them about 8 days ago and have had no reply other than the autoreply saying they received my email and give them 48 hours. I'm tempted to try to move it to Rockville even though it's farther away. I probably have at least three months to wait so I'm not too worried about it now.

So I stole the idea to make a chart, mainly from @OCJeff, with my personal EDD. I may have a slight obsession. Anyway it is kind of nice because I am able to break some sort of structure from the chaos. I know that the EDD is useless, but my brain refuses to truly acknowledge that.

I found that with the current trends I am looking at an earliest delivery of 8/24, which would be in my original estimated window, and a latest of 10/2. Maybe not the most accurate, but it is more helpful than what the SA tells me. The spikes are "September" (9/30) EDDs
When I look at your chart and follow the trend lines and the current date wouldn't your earliest delivery be end of July/Early August and its current trajectory? I am probably reading it wrong.

Back to 8/9 - 8/29.

It constantly cycles between these dates in my sig
I moved to 8/8-8/28 today. I find it very comforting that our numbers are lining up--makes me feel like there is some kind of logic behind the numbers even if they are moving in the wrong direction. They must be expecting a shipment of black/black to the Chicago area by early/mid August.

Reactions: ajs847
Why what’s the big deal? I’d much rather have home delivery! Lol
It's not a new car if someone drove it, is it? It's more the principle, but I'm paying for a new car and I want it to be brand spanking new. If they'd bring it on a flatbed it would be one thing, but they don't — somebody drives the car to your location. Plus if there are major issues with the car that warrant refusal, I'd rather not have the car "home" but just leave it at the SC, without ever having it in my possession.

Some call it a home.
Its hilarious how the posts/comments repeat every quarter by different people. Like nearly exactly too... as new people cycle in and the old finally get their cars and leave ROFL... and some of us are stuck waiting still hanging out watching history repeat itself over and over again like groundhogs day 🤷🏻‍♂️

If you ordered online without going through a store this is not true. You will be assigned a regional SA until your car is set to be delivered and then it will switch over. If you did order online I suggest you go into the store and talk to an SA and have them transfer you from the regional pool into their store. Again, this only apples if you ordered without talking to the store first.
I ordered without talking to store and I was assigned an SA close to my place in Maryland. May be the mileage varies.

When I look at your chart and follow the trend lines and the current date wouldn't your earliest delivery be end of July/Early August and its current trajectory? I am probably reading it wrong.
Yeah so it is kind of deceiving because it only shows until today but the trend lines extend another ten days. But if I expand the X access to the end of October and add the “current date” marks, the low EDD trend line intersects at August 24th…or so I thought. I will double check because now I am second guessing my analysis.

Reactions: PatrickTM
It's not a new car if someone drove it, is it? It's more the principle, but I'm paying for a new car and I want it to be brand spanking new. If they'd bring it on a flatbed it would be one thing, but they don't — somebody drives the car to your location. Plus if there are major issues with the car that warrant refusal, I'd rather not have the car "home" but just leave it at the SC, without ever having it in my possession.
The service center thing I get, but I can't see how a delivery drive to your home would make the car any less "new" virtually all new cars have at least a few miles on them before you receive it.

Reactions: JR9386
So I stole the idea to make a chart, mainly from @OCJeff, with my personal EDD. I may have a slight obsession. Anyway it is kind of nice because I am able to break some sort of structure from the chaos. I know that the EDD is useless, but my brain refuses to truly acknowledge that.

I found that with the current trends I am looking at an earliest delivery of 8/24, which would be in my original estimated window, and a latest of 10/2. Maybe not the most accurate, but it is more helpful than what the SA tells me. The spikes are "September" (9/30) EDDs
It’s all random

Reactions: sunshine3200