Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious about this too. I have the Homelink at home ready to install. My understanding is that you have to have the car to schedule a service appt. which means another trip - unless they'll come to you.
My SA told me will have to be done after delivery. (I was hoping to swap from 3 to Y but was told not possible). For my current Model 3 it was performed by Mobile Service tech in under an hour.

Reactions: jama999
Ordered MYP MSM on 6/18 - EDD was July 11-31 and then pushed to Aug 1 - 11. Got the text on Saturday to schedule delivery - I didn't schedule until they sent another text saying if I don't reserve by Monday night they will move car to another person. I scheduled delivery yesterday around lunch and now it is showing in my account as confirmed but there is no VIN in my account so cannot get insurance. SA says they moved the car to someone else.
I am not celebrating your loss, of course. But encouraging to see you ordered just a week before me with the same spec and got this text. My fingers might break from being crossed so hard.

Last edited:
Has anyone been able to schedule a Homelink installation with their delivery, or can it only be ordered once you take delivery (and then make another visit to the SC for installation)?
<rant mode> I tried to do this - I have the Homelink module sitting right here, but my SA indicated to me that I would need a separate appointment to get this done, and cannot be done at time of delivery. I am a MAJOR Tesla fanboy and love the technology, but this is the one thing I actually feel like is ridiculous - Tesla left this feature out of the car because of future looking/cost saving (see Elon's previous tweets on the subject) that most GDOs will *someday be wifi* but are not yet. I need this module - I have multiple items to open - a gate to my neighborhood, gate at the house, etc. none of which are ever going to be wifi. Many people - Ben Sullins and others, have asked if Tesla could add an option to do this as part of the build or somehow do it at POS, but they have refused. Pretty lame, and really just a hassle for new owners who need it. </rant mode> OK, Apologies, back to regular scheduled programming. :)

in case anyone is wondering the resolution to this... it's CHANEL... last night I felt like I had to smooth things over with wifey and got her a new Jumbo and back to happy wife happy life! 😂 😂 😂

After gifting her new purse to her she promised to have "more than a few more weeks" of patience waiting for the tesla, but next time around it better be hermes 💀☠️💀
My wife is the same. I actually prefer she gets Hermes because it holds value better, at least if its a Kelly or Birkin. I hate that I even know these things. She's been in my ear about a "B35" for work since she's only going to have a MYP and I'm gonna have the S...like it's a competition. I know she doesn't care about the car and just wants another bag though lol. I'm glad you aren't close, our wives should not communicate.

Has anyone been able to schedule a Homelink installation with their delivery, or can it only be ordered once you take delivery (and then make another visit to the SC for installation)?
I ordered one yesterday but my edd is still mid august for my Model y. I plan on just making a second visit to install the home link and any other issues I may find. Plus I might get a loaner doing it like that instead of them doing it before I take delivery

Reactions: jama999
I ordered one yesterday but my edd is still mid august for my Model y. I plan on just making a second visit to install the home link and any other issues I may find. Plus I might get a loaner doing it like that instead of them doing it before I take delivery
Yes, this is a good point. Lots of people say the cars out of Fremont have had 2-5 defects or things that need correcting at service within a couple weeks of delivery. I complain about having to schedule this, but Ill combine a trip like you say - even though my DC is 50+ miles away.

in case anyone is wondering the resolution to this... it's CHANEL... last night I felt like I had to smooth things over with wifey and got her a new Jumbo and back to happy wife happy life! 😂 😂 😂

After gifting her new purse to her she promised to have "more than a few more weeks" of patience waiting for the tesla, but next time around it better be hermes 💀☠️💀
My local Tesla showroom is located in this shopping complex with a bunch of fancy stores. Chanel, Gucci, LV, etc. Just a showroom with test drives only. How I talked my wife into checking out the MY. She can check out some purses.

Just spoke with them... he said "believe it or not it's probably a good thing". Basically he explained that the system matches VINs based on various factors and when things like shipping don't line up they assign a new VIN to better match up. So now the system is once again actively looking for a VIN to assign and the car has not been built yet. Unfortunately it does look like this will most likely move things back a bit, but then again if I have learned one thing here it's that there is no way to predict anything until you get the delivery date text message. And hey, at least now I have a better shot at getting HEPA.
It's a good thing your assigned VIN was taken away? Twice? Man, leave it to Tesla to spin that as a "good thing" 🤣 🤣

My wife is the same. I actually prefer she gets Hermes because it holds value better, at least if its a Kelly or Birkin. I hate that I even know these things. She's been in my ear about a "B35" for work since she's only going to have a MYP and I'm gonna have the S...like it's a competition. I know she doesn't care about the car and just wants another bag though lol. I'm glad you aren't close, our wives should not communicate.
Same! before meeting my wife I never paid attention to designer stuff like this, now I know the prices and models of these things! My wife babies all her designer stuff. Just like my watches I make sure anything that expensive isn't a season item and will be a classic way in the future. All my watches (rolex, AP, Vacheron, Patek, etc) are the "classic" designs that have kept going up every year. So i figure these are decent investments since most stuff just sits in her air tight display in our closet. And I second that our wives shall never meet or we will be poor!

My local Tesla showroom is located in this shopping complex with a bunch of fancy stores. Chanel, Gucci, LV, etc. Just a showroom with test drives only. How I talked my wife into checking out the MY. She can check out some purses.
Pretty much how I got my wife to test drive the MY, I bribed her with a trip to the Neimann Marcus a couple blocks from the Tesla SC and it cost me a pair of loubitons and a YSL bag 😂 😂

330? its only 4 miles above the advertised range max. Was that at 90% SoC or 100%?
330 miles of rated range has got to be a 100% charge. That seems consistent with recent Model Y deliveries that have received the updated 82kWh batteries. Tesla basically upgraded the Model Y to the new Model 3 batteries, but did not change the rated range (yet). So currently the new batteries have a larger buffer compared to the older Model Y batteries.

Reactions: JR9386
My insurance at Allstate is $40 less per month than my 2016 Ram 1500.
@Sabercoug Seems like many insurance companies have finally figured out how to price Tesla insurance premiums properly, instead of randomly resorting to a ridiculously high premium because there was no long term data for the actuaries to compute. My quote from USAA, which is now outdated, was $10 per month higher than my 2015 Prius. That takes into account bundling discounts, since it's going from a one-car policy to a multi-vehicle policy. If it was an individual Tesla policy the difference would be larger.

Hi everyone, been lurking since page 700 or so but figured it is time to join in on the fun :) Ordered 5/22 MYLR5 MSM, no tow, no FSD. Had July/August EDD until I updated trade in, now am looking at Sept 16-30. Hopefully is not that long though.. once I test drove the MY it became soo much harder to wait for it

Same! before meeting my wife I never paid attention to designer stuff like this, now I know the prices and models of these things! My wife babies all her designer stuff. Just like my watches I make sure anything that expensive isn't a season item and will be a classic way in the future. All my watches (rolex, AP, Vacheron, Patek, etc) are the "classic" designs that have kept going up every year. So i figure these are decent investments since most stuff just sits in her air tight display in our closet. And I second that our wives shall never meet or we will be poor!

Pretty much how I got my wife to test drive the MY, I bribed her with a trip to the Neimann Marcus a couple blocks from the Tesla SC and it cost me a pair of loubitons and a YSL bag 😂 😂
Can confirm: we are not in the same socioeconomic class:p