Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 4/12 - Houston TX- MYLR/RED/WHITE/5 SEATS/NO TOW/NO FSD/GEMINI WHEELS

2 weeks ago mine went to 6-10 weeks from order and has not changed, I've checked it twice a day for 2 weeks and no update. SA says sometime in June. Sometime in June is what he told me when I ordered.

April 16th - 4/29-5/15
April 17th - 5/15-6/4
April 18th - 5/14-6/3
April 22nd - 5/7-5/27
April 23rd - 5/15-6/4
April 24th - 5/22-6/11
April 25th - 5/8-5/28
April 26th - 5/9-5/28
April 29 - 6-10 weeks from order date..

Estimated delivery​

-

We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration.

Heart broken - No more time, it was originally next week to june

When I ordered it was 1-10 weeks.
It sometimes went to 1-10 weeks and after few days showed dates again.
10 week ends on May 31. We see if they deliver before end of May :)
Just got off the phone with David (delivery advisor) at the Schaumburg store. He checked and said that my car has arrived at Westmont and is at the stage where the Service team inspects the car and makes sure it's good to go before they release it. At that point, it officially pairs the VIN to my account and I get a notification and Westmont is prompted to schedule delivery ASAP. Until the Service team releases it however, he can't see the VIN or the exact build date. But he knows it is a car that came from the factory very recently.

He also said all the stores in our area have been receiving cars for the past few days and they're held up by the Service team bottleneck to finish the pre-delivery inspection. Because this is the last step before delivery, the internal system basically has an ETA for delivery for tomorrow (pushing each day while Service has the car). He also said that I should ignore the delivery estimate range on my account and just be ready with my loan/insurance etc.

According to several posts on TMC, the first month of the quarter involves making cars for export, have no clue if that's true, but it does match up to the delivery timelines.
Other purchases have kept me from placing order as of yet. Looking to order within next week. Given info regarding Q2 being sold out, I am questioning the reasonability of my delivery date, the assumption that I made (could be totally wack) was that the car would be delivered sometime at the end of Q2 or at worst Early August. Due to some conflicting info that I have gotten, this seems like it may be a pipe dream.

Just got off the phone with David (delivery advisor) at the Schaumburg store. He checked and said that my car has arrived at Westmont and is at the stage where the Service team inspects the car and makes sure it's good to go before they release it. At that point, it officially pairs the VIN to my account and I get a notification and Westmont is prompted to schedule delivery ASAP. Until the Service team releases it however, he can't see the VIN or the exact build date. But he knows it is a car that came from the factory very recently.

He also said all the stores in our area have been receiving cars for the past few days and they're held up by the Service team bottleneck to finish the pre-delivery inspection. Because this is the last step before delivery, the internal system basically has an ETA for delivery for tomorrow (pushing each day while Service has the car). He also said that I should ignore the delivery estimate range on my account and just be ready with my loan/insurance etc.
Wow, thats great news, colling my SA :)

Reactions: Sudsington

So they change their procedure? You now get your vin assigned after the car reach their destination and pass the inspection? Previously they assigned you a vin with the car still in the factory

So they change their procedure? You now get your vin assigned after the car reach their destination and pass the inspection? Previously they assigned you a vin with the car still in the factory
Not certain. It may be that they pair a VIN to a reservation when the car is produced in the factory, but the VIN is only released/visible to the delivery advisor when it's released by the Service team. Or maybe a recent change. I just have the perspective of this particular delivery advisor.

Unfortunately this isn't the case for all states. Tesla can't sell you a car in Texas. You actually have to fund the purchase while car is still in CA--and then they ship it to you. This is due to state law prohibiting manufacturers from also dealing.

Reactions: Sudsington

Just talked to David, he gave me same info.
Car is her, delivery this week or beginnig of next!