Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered on April 4th, and when I spoke to my SA last Tuesday he had told me he was showing I would receive a VIN last Thursday or Friday… I just received a text (after I called yesterday) to inform me they are now estimating I will receive my VIN in June.

That’s quite the switch from May 13th or 14th. Before I was told that I wasn’t expecting a VIN so soon… probably best not to mention exact dates if they aren’t realistic.

I’ve yet to see a range of dates since my order, just 5-9 weeks from order placed date this entire time. This is week 6 of that range.

The good news is I was told they want to make sure the vehicle is perfect for me, so looks like mine will be coming in flawlessly with no issues whatsoever…

White ext, Black int., Geminis, 5 Seater.
When I asked my SA about a tentative date he told me that’s shown on your account and that’s when you can expect delivery. Seems like some SA’s are ok with giving out more info but mine isn’t.
Ordered 4/4 blue lr, white interior,
Colma location. Dates initially were may mid - early jun. then jumped to jun 8 - jun 28 and today changed to 5-8 weeks from order date, which means I should be getting a car in 3 weeks now. Finding that hard to believe 😭

Reactions: hallwc87
Normally I would say having dates slip/move by a week or two shouldn't be a big deal as they are "estimates". But since I ordered on 4/9, my dates have swung by 6 weeks now. If Tesla is going to provide estimates, they should back it up or at least communicate with their customers as to what's going on. We don't need details like "x chip needs a firmware upgrade" or something. Just something like "Hey, there's an issue...it's not normal...but we're trying to figure it out and will let you know when we do."
I doubt we will see such an announcement. Wall Street would flip out as it is the later half of the quarter with less time to recover lost revenue.

I doubt we will see such an announcement. Wall Street would flip out as it is the later half of the quarter with less time to recover lost revenue.
Oh for sure…I wouldn’t expect anything other than rainbows and unicorns from Elon. TBH, they should just not bother putting an estimated delivery online. Or at least wait till you have > 90% confidence in those dates. Had I not seen anything online, I would still be assuming early June like my SA told me when I ordered. Ignorance sometimes is bliss.

Oh for sure…I wouldn’t expect anything other than rainbows and unicorns from Elon. TBH, they should just not bother putting an estimated delivery online. Or at least wait till you have > 90% confidence in those dates. Had I not seen anything online, I would still be assuming early June like my SA told me when I ordered. Ignorance sometimes is bliss.
Still laughing at old me talking to TA after test drive.
TA: So when were you hoping to get the car?
Me: Whenever, not really in a rush.
TA: Because if you order today it’ll probably be mid-June.
Me: Cool no biggie.

Me today: WHAT DO U MEAN EST DELIVERY JUNE 16-30 😭

I drove past the Cleveland location this afternoon. Half of the parking lot was empty, but the other half was stocked with Y's.

I want to believe that one of the blues I saw is mine. But alas, I know better.

Attachments

• PXL_20210516_200056258.jpg
    PXL_20210516_200056258.jpg
    696.1 KB · Views: 86
  • PXL_20210516_200102355.jpg
    PXL_20210516_200102355.jpg
    466.7 KB · Views: 63
I'm in the Bay Area, ordered a few days before you. Never saw my dates go to the generic "x weeks to y weeks". Since the day after I ordered, I've always had an actual date range. And I refresh that sucker at least 5 times a day (have a permanent tab in mobile Safari). I was told "late May to early June" from the get go so anything before that would be gravy. But now with my dates being 6/17 - 6/30, I'm a little irked. I sold my old car on 5/1 (mainly because registration + smog was due on 5/2) but I may have held on to it longer if I knew it was going to be additional month.
I’m in the same boat. I sold my Acura on 3/31. I thought I would have gotten my MY soon after. SA didn’t explain the whole Tesla end of quarter delivery stuff. Oh well. The wait continues.

I stopped by the Tesla Store at Westfield Montgomery Mall (in suburban MD) and spoke with the manager. He checked the status of my order placed on 4/16, and he said everything looks good for a June delivery. He stated that the VINs are assigned to the order at the factory. My SA followed up with an email reiterating the much the same, but he did write "Your delivery timeline is set for Mid-Late June due to a global chip shortage...." Another poster said the both the Tysons Corner and Rockville SC/DC had a number of MYs in their lots, but I guess mine is not one of them, lol.

The store itself has been redesigned in that there are no vehicles on display, replaced by a few tables with iMacs that customers and SA gather around. The "main sales desk / counter" at the rear of the space is gone.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: elguapo and ALaurel
Just got pushed back by a lot. Wonder if something happened to production.

Ordered MYP, Red, No Tow, Black, Autopilot

Order Date: April 5th

History:
April 05: 5 - 9 Weeks
April 06: May 5 - June 4
April 07: May 1 - May 31
April 10: May 2 - May 22
April 14: 5 - 9 Weeks FOPD
April 19: May 5 - May 22
April 20: May 6 - May 22
April 21: 5 - 9 Weeks FOPD
April 23: May 24 - June 13
April 24: May 16 - June 5
April 25: May 24 - June 13
May 4: May 22 - June 11
May 7: May 23 - June 12
May 9: May 24 - June 12
May 11: May 25 - June 12
May 12: May 26 - June 12
May 13: 5 - 9 Weeks FOPD
May 15: June 12 - June 30

your date changes is almost identical as mine. order MYP, Blue, No Tow, Black and autopilot as well
now also stopped at june 12 to june 30. o_O

My
I stopped by the Tesla Store at Westfield Montgomery Mall (in suburban MD) and spoke with the manager. He checked the status of my order placed on 4/16, and he said everything looks good for a June delivery. He stated that the VINs are assigned to the order at the factory. My SA followed up with an email reiterating the much the same, but he did write "Your delivery timeline is set for Mid-Late June due to a global chip shortage...." Another poster said the both the Tysons Corner and Rockville SC/DC had a number of MYs in their lots, but I guess mine is not one of them, lol.

The store itself has been redesigned in that there are no vehicles on display, replaced by a few tables with iMacs that customers and SA gather around. The "main sales desk / counter" at the rear of the space is gone.
SA at the Tyco Road store in VA said they”had no Tesla’s ready for delivery”. Maybe they’re all just sitting there getting dirty. CHECK YOUR PAINT PEOPLE!!!

So,....., Ordered White Plains NY April 16, Red, LR, 5 seat, black interior, 20" wheels, no hitch

April 21 - May 19 to June 4
April 29 - June 4 to 28
May 1 - June 5 to 25
May 1 afternoon - June 10 to June 30
May 2 - June 2 to 22
May 3 - June 3 to 23
May 4 - June 4 to 24
May 5 - June 16 to 30
May 6 - June 15 to 30
May 11 - June 9 to 29
May 12 - June 4 to 24
May 14 (AM) - 5 to 9 weeks from ordering date
May 14 (PM) - June 4 to 24

Today I had nothing better to do but go see my granson play football in Yonkers. I then said, well, Tarrytown Rd Tesla is close by so let me pay them a visit. New Tesla location, not a storage dump but several cars on display along with some assorted Y's on the "lot". Many of them having a white interior which, I think is very eye popping although I've heard from some of the possibility of the seat picking up 'Jeans" color. Since I didn't feel like dealing with potential cleaning problems with that, I chose the black interior although I really started to dwell on that choice. The existing SA at the store mentioned that I should be receiving my VIN soon once the vehicle hits the manufacture point and delivery approximately 1 to 2 weeks after that. They also mentioned about the possibility of matching me with existing inventory. I was concerned at that point about getting a vehicle Version 1 vs a newer Version 2 (the only thing I've heard about the difference is from the sales of "cubby hole organizers" saying there is a difference depending on which "version" I have. Not sure if there would be any other difference. In any event, put that aside. I then left and decided to go to the actual delivery point in Mt. Kisco, again dwelling on the white interior. Again no load of "y's" on the lot but several with white interior. Again the SA mentioned about the stain potential plus the fact, if I did choose to switch, the price increase of $1000 plus cost of white (another $1000) would add money to the total. Plus, no guarantee that the delivery timeline would stay put. So, I put that thought out of my head. I did see a Black Y with black interior and was impressed with it's look. All in all, if nothing more than the SA satisfying my quest to find out potential time lines going forward, I'm glad I made the trip. Sorry for the rambling.......... (BTW, grandson's team won)

So,....., Ordered White Plains NY April 16, Red, LR, 5 seat, black interior, 20" wheels, no hitch

April 21 - May 19 to June 4
April 29 - June 4 to 28
May 1 - June 5 to 25
May 1 afternoon - June 10 to June 30
May 2 - June 2 to 22
May 3 - June 3 to 23
May 4 - June 4 to 24
May 5 - June 16 to 30
May 6 - June 15 to 30
May 11 - June 9 to 29
May 12 - June 4 to 24
May 14 (AM) - 5 to 9 weeks from ordering date
May 14 (PM) - June 4 to 24

Today I had nothing better to do but go see my granson play football in Yonkers. I then said, well, Tarrytown Rd Tesla is close by so let me pay them a visit. New Tesla location, not a storage dump but several cars on display along with some assorted Y's on the "lot". Many of them having a white interior which, I think is very eye popping although I've heard from some of the possibility of the seat picking up 'Jeans" color. Since I didn't feel like dealing with potential cleaning problems with that, I chose the black interior although I really started to dwell on that choice. The existing SA at the store mentioned that I should be receiving my VIN soon once the vehicle hits the manufacture point and delivery approximately 1 to 2 weeks after that. They also mentioned about the possibility of matching me with existing inventory. I was concerned at that point about getting a vehicle Version 1 vs a newer Version 2 (the only thing I've heard about the difference is from the sales of "cubby hole organizers" saying there is a difference depending on which "version" I have. Not sure if there would be any other difference. In any event, put that aside. I then left and decided to go to the actual delivery point in Mt. Kisco, again dwelling on the white interior. Again no load of "y's" on the lot but several with white interior. Again the SA mentioned about the stain potential plus the fact, if I did choose to switch, the price increase of $1000 plus cost of white (another $1000) would add money to the total. Plus, no guarantee that the delivery timeline would stay put. So, I put that thought out of my head. I did see a Black Y with black interior and was impressed with it's look. All in all, if nothing more than the SA satisfying my quest to find out potential time lines going forward, I'm glad I made the trip. Sorry for the rambling.......... (BTW, grandson's team won)
Yeah I got black/black and saw it while in Fremont, glad we went with that combo