Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought I would post a little diversion...pics of some of our hedgehogs posing for the camera 🦔

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1621368712120.jpg
    FB_IMG_1621368712120.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 68
  • FB_IMG_1621368709323.jpg
    FB_IMG_1621368709323.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 43
  • FB_IMG_1621368705080.jpg
    FB_IMG_1621368705080.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 40
I sent my SA the Electrek article and his response was:
We can’t comment on whether or not this is true. Thank you for your continued patience, we can expect to have your car ready by end of June! Please feel free to reach out to us should you have any questions.
I reminded him that I was told late May to early June when I initially ordered the car on 4/9. Obviously it's out of their control and not their issue however I was a little irked that he casually just extended my expectations by 3-4 weeks. I'm probably just cranky. And hungry. I need to eat something...

Just called the local SC instead of my SA. They said "we're producing cars in Fremont for the whole world--for our US customers that ordered in April we're expecting a June delivery--that's when we'll focus on delivering in the US." Not sure how informed that is but that is what I heard.

Just called the local SC instead of my SA. They said "we're producing cars in Fremont for the whole world--for our US customers that ordered in April we're expecting a June delivery--that's when we'll focus on delivering in the US." Not sure how informed that is but that is what I heard.
Did it sound like a recording?

Edit: /s

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: one4thegipper
But for the Y, the whole world is the US and Canada right? China makes their own and the Y isn't sold in any other country.

Here's my opinion without anything to back it up: Tesla is going to continue pumping vehicles out of Fremont as if there's no issue. As long as the SC can store them, they'll keep giving it to them. If an SC runs out of room, they'll just give them to another SC that can store them until they can start delivering. The end result could be that if you live in an area who's SC can't store them, that may push you towards the back of the line regardless of when you ordered. Then there's the challenge of SC's condensing possibly 2 months of delivery into a much shorter time frame.

Maybe not everywhere but my SA said I can do a complete "touchless" delivery where I sign all of the docs online and they just drop off the car at my house. I'm a little weary of this considering Tesla is known for having some quality issues. However unless it's something that can't be fixed at an SC, it's worth considering.
That was not offered or discussed with my SA when I told her..her only option was to reorder🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: dsandhu
Not an option for me , I have military orders to report June 21…not in the country either…
Tesla should have a Plan B for folks like you who are in the military, serving out country and have zero leeway on things like this. Is it possible to add someone else (family member?) to the registration so they can take delivery in case you're out of the country?

Tesla should have a Plan B for folks like you who are in the military, serving out country and have zero leeway on things like this. Is it possible to add someone else (family member?) to the registration so they can take delivery in case you're out of the country?
They told me no…I was told the only person they’d allow was myself…which is weird because in 2005 when I was gone, my wife and I bought a house with me giving her power of attorney to sign tor me🤷🏻‍♂
I’m not going to linger over this..they either hold it or they don’t…it sucks but if I want one, I guess I’ll do what I have to..

Reactions: fender4645