Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Starting week 2 of the “5-9 weeks” timing. Changing the subject to something not so depressing, what vehicle is everyone trading or selling for the Model Y. I’ll go first. I’m finally upgrading from a 2006 Honda Civic. No fancy dash screen and everything is manual buttons. Also manual transmission. Feel like I’m coming out of the Stone Age.
I sold my 2019 Acura RDX. Loved that car. Thought I was getting my Tesla so I sold it. Now we only have one car. But that’s first world problems.😂

Reactions: ImScotty
Nice! Did you just apply through Tesla and they found you the deal at your local credit union? Also, did they tell you what credit rating you need for those rates?
Just in case folks didn’t already know, someone created the following spreadsheet years ago that updates with latest auto loan rates and CU membership requirements:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...?pru=AAABeaaWiLs*arp8TUfUx2J2ZAfeIdleAg#gid=0

Original thread is at:
Tesla loan comparison spreadsheet - auto updates hourly

Tesla doesn’t actually finance you. They hook you up with a bank. In my case, they started me at 2.49 at TD bank, then I used ratematch to eventually get to 1.24, matching to DCUs rate, this time they switched me to JP Morgan

they don’t have their own bank lending or counterpart to something like financing through “Ford credit”
who is DCU? 1.24 is an AMAZING rate

Tampa, FL location SA also told me that it was "firmware update" causing the delay but they have the Ys in the lot supposedly. I haven't had the time to drive by.
I was there (Tampa North Florida Ave) at lunch today and posted pics of a truck coming in with a bunch of white Y's and a black one.(post 3802). I spoke with one of the SA's and he wasn't aware of any Firmware updates..

Attachments

• 20210518_113422.jpg
    20210518_113422.jpg
    425.7 KB · Views: 73
  • 20210518_113421.jpg
    20210518_113421.jpg
    400.1 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
DM me if you need a DCU referral. I get $10 and you get $20 for opening a qualifying account. I also opened my account recently through a referral from someone in this thread.
I got approved 1.24% which is valid till 45 days from application.
Aww man! I went and paid $10 to be a member from one of their qualifying organizations. Submitted my app this afternoon. Maybe I can still use your referral if they approve me.

DM me if you need a DCU referral. I get $10 and you get $20 for opening a qualifying account. I also opened my account recently through a referral from someone in this thread.
I got approved 1.24% which is valid till 45 days from application.
New here and definitely interested. I have a MY LR order from 4/27 and haven't applied for financing yet until closer to the delivery date. Still showing 4-9 weeks for me

Reactions: PatrickTM