Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At this point there's a higher chance of sending a Starship to Mars than getting a Model Y delivered, or simply accessing Tesla's website for that matter. It was cute at first, now get your sh*t together Tesla...
2021-05-24 15_14_21-Window.png

Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2018.. not sure why Tesla gave such a lowball.. other companies were reasonable but you always make more selling directly to consumer
Tesla doesn’t care about other car brands. They just send non-Teslas to auction and will price it accordingly. Tesla is only interested in selling or reselling their own cars.

You go to a Tesla store or website to buy a Tesla, period. You don’t go to a Tesla location to browse what other car brands they have — you know exactly what they have to sell.

We're up to 291 pages in this thread. If you've been following along since inception you've likely spent >24 hours of your life waiting with the rest of us! :)
(291 x 5) / 60
Our math here is a bit more direct:

15 minutes per day, ~5 times per day, times the number of days since you ordered (or started to read this thread which might be the same)!

MPD x TPD x Days = we want our MY!

So 75 minutes per day, more than total = 24 hours for many!

Reactions: Peelz
Ordered MY LR, 7 seats, white, black seats with induction wheels 3/28. My SA is a bot that repeats the same canned response to all my questions and my estimated delivery date disappears every other day. I sold our minivan 4 weeks ago.
Same boat, only the only car we have at the moment is our minivan. I ordered 3/23 and when I missed the end of 1st quarter deliveries, my buddies who have owned multiple Teslas at this point told me I should probably expect an end of Q2 delivery. They were right.

Ordered MY LR, 7 seats, white, black seats with induction wheels 3/28. My SA is a bot that repeats the same canned response to all my questions and my estimated delivery date disappears every other day. I sold our minivan 4 weeks ago.
Ouch, sorry to hear that. We came very close to selling our Lexus over a month ago, but decided against it. Boy am I glad we didn't. For anyone else out there, don't sell before you get your Tesla, unless you can go without that car for months.

By the way, I got the following text today:
Tesla - Update: We are expecting a large number of vehicles to arrive in the coming days. Additionally, if there are any questions you may have please feel free to let us know. Thank you and hope to see you here soon!

Now the profile page isn't responding. Maybe a lot of people just got this message and are DOS-ing the page.

Ordered 3/27- LR White ext / Black int / 19" Wheels / 7 Seat / Hitch / Autopilot

Ouch, sorry to hear that. We came very close to selling our Lexus over a month ago, but decided against it. Boy am I glad we didn't. For anyone else out there, don't sell before you get your Tesla, unless you can go without that car for months.

By the way, I got the following text today:

Now the profile page isn't responding. Maybe a lot of people just got this message and are DOS-ing the page.

Ordered 3/27- LR White ext / Black int / 19" Wheels / 7 Seat / Hitch / Autopilot
Dumb question: What state are you in? I'm in Ma.

So I have a slightly different issue: I'm currently overseas and will not be back until the end of August. I will need a car when I get back, as I have already sold mine. I want to place an order to time delivery with my return. Seeing how it is not even remotely close to an exact science I'll go by the highest of the 4-12 week window (so 12 weeks). If my car gets delivered earlier than that, however, would I still be able to pick up late August, or do they not hold them for you, if you are unable to pick up for more than a certain amount of time?

So I have a slightly different issue: I'm currently overseas and will not be back until the end of August. I will need a car when I get back, as I have already sold mine. I want to place an order to time delivery with my return. Seeing how it is not even remotely close to an exact science I'll go by the highest of the 4-12 week window (so 12 weeks). If my car gets delivered earlier than that, however, would I still be able to pick up late August, or do they not hold them for you, if you are unable to pick up for more than a certain amount of time?
3 day pickup window. Cant speak to any accommodations your SA would be willing to make

One thought- you could watch the "existing inventory" tab as you get closer to see if you can better align delivery with an existing car.

Otherwise I think it's a big gamble unless you have a backup like a rental car or a friend/ family member that can help you out

Reactions: alekaras
As others have said, once you're matched, you have to move fast. Otherwise you're essentially placed in the back of the line.

Tesla does allow "touchless" delivery in some locations where you essentially do everything online (including document signing) and they just leave the car at your house. The key fobs are in the car and you use your phone to unlock the first time. The downside to this is that you're not there for an inspection.