Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm both excited and jealous of everyone getting VINs! 4/2 order here (LR, MSM, black interior, 5 seat, no hitch), and I was called by the delivery center a week and a half ago saying they'd have a car for me in 1-2 weeks. I have no VIN and a delivery estimate of 6/10-6/30. 😕

Still 3 days left to fulfill their promise and keep me from being without a car as I prep to return my leased car this weekend...

I have an unusual question I guess:

I'm French (nobody's perfect), and I've been in the US for 8 months now. I have my French driving license, and the "ticket" you get when you succeed at your road test here and that equates to a temp driving license. I should receive the actual US license within 2 or 3 weeks.

So, at delivery:
- Can I get my car using only my foreign driving license?
- If not, can I get my car using my temp driving license (the freaking ticket)?
- If not, can I pay for the car so it doesn't get reassigned and wait a couple more weeks until my actual driving license arrives?

Thanks for the help!

• Funny
Reactions: cheryltunt
Happy for everyone but drives me crazy seeing all these people getting VINs who ordered way after me

Yeah, I hear yah, but I think that there is a lot more to it than when you ordered. Its the model you choose, the trim/color options, and where you are in the world. But it still stings, for sure. What we all have to remember is that it is in Tesla's best interest to get all these cars delivered by end of quarter otherwise they don't get to recognize that revenue for their financials.