Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its very unlikely - but i have been doing the "ctrl+u" but and looking at the source code. there is a lot of gibberish inside that says stuff like this:

:"Add Autopilot","addAfterDelivery":"$5,300 if added after delivery","addAfterDeliveryBase":"$4,000 if added after delivery","addAfterDeliveryFsd":"$10,600 if added after delivery","addBaseAutoPilot":"Yes, add Autopilot ($0). Your pricing will be updated. I acknowledge I will not be able to make any further changes to my vehicle.","addEnhancedAutoPilot":"Add enhanced autopilot","addFullSelfDriving":"Yes, add Full Self-Driving ($10,600). Your pricing will be updated. I acknowledge I will not be able to make any further changes to my vehicle.","addFullSelfDrivingCTA"

Does anyone know what that means? I have no idea what the $5300 and $4000 stands for. Right now I can only add FSD for $10600 (CAD).

I know Tesla isnt a "hey we did give you a radar but here's an umbrella for ya" company - but for those who placed an order before May (or the release of the no-radar order page) - we did agree to buy a car with a radar and now there isnt one. I am just looking at things as a whole, like earlier orders not getting VIN, the gibberish in the source code, legal risks (minimal and I am sure they do not care), and giving myself shitty excuses for the delay - there isnt much else I can do except for being delusional and patient.
Perhaps it's the subscription cost(s) hidden in the source code? idk

I’ll drive by in a little bit and take a look, but yesterday at around 4:00pm lot was as empty as it has been for the last month or two. It used to always be packed With cars.
Both, the distribution center on Rraintree and the overflow lot on Northsight have been indeed replenished. There are a number of vehicles on Raintree, although not as many as I have seen in the past. And the overflow lot is almost full. There is probably space left over for about three to five more truckloads.

Raquel- I won’t say she’s unresponsive but she certainly hasn’t been a big help. When she responded to my text this morning it was just to give me an office number to call- they told me to call her.
who's your SA? Mine is Jasmine. I've sent her ~4 messages over ~8 weeks and she's been ignoring me the last two weeks. My LR MY 7 seat is being delivered to Dedham and I have gotten no replies about my estimate. I ordered 3/28

This is definitely not to JetsDad, but I'd make a general caution: Don't get too invested in being "behind" other people, probably by like a day or two. This is a big purchase for most people and it's a huge deal getting a new car, but you have literally years to enjoy this thing...spend this time just doing other life stuff and you'll get the car quick. Comparing your experience to the experience of others on the internet is a dangerous game, and there's probably a reason why things are happening the way they are.

So tell me I'm wrong but I see this in the source page at the bottom is this thing telling me my car build tag is (2021/05/25) yesterday? can someone else confirm if they have a different date or showing the same thing as mines.

Capture.PNG

That's probably because BMW sold about 12k motorcycles in the US last year. Might make the production detail reliable and manageable enough to share with the customers. I would love to see something like that with Tesla, but as they produce more vehicles, the likelihood is diminishing. I think communication about the limitations of the system could be better, but I wonder if the production and delivery process could truly be more transparent without causing more anger and frustration among the customers.

volume. fair point. Thats just what was in my head when I visualized waiting a couple months for the car. Like text updates...or more detail than a randomly moving date window. :)

I also envisioned "getting the vin" was what happened as soon as it was being produced, and getting notification as such. Not, car gets built anonymously, sits around for a couple weeks, then you get VIN.

I was hoping for a gradual slide into delivery. But seems "heres your vin, you have 3 days to get the car" is the way it goes lol

But I cant get the check from the credit union OR insurance until the VIN exists. And I cant get the car without EITHER of those...so its going to be a rush.

Reactions: Sudsington
This is definitely not to JetsDad, but I'd make a general caution: Don't get too invested in being "behind" other people, probably by like a day or two. This is a big purchase for most people and it's a huge deal getting a new car, but you have literally years to enjoy this thing...spend this time just doing other life stuff and you'll get the car quick. Comparing your experience to the experience of others on the internet is a dangerous game, and there's probably a reason why things are happening the way they are.
I was not invested at all in being behind anyone until i started following this thread lolololol

So tell me I'm wrong but I see this in the source page at the bottom is this thing telling me my car build tag is (2021/05/25) yesterday? can someone else confirm if they have a different date or showing the same thing as mines.

View attachment 666492
That's likely just the build number for the version of the site you're seeing. Nothing to do with your build unfortunately. Source: am software engineer who works on stuff like this all the time.

Reactions: noob_hunter_gu
Its very unlikely - but i have been doing the "ctrl+u" but and looking at the source code. there is a lot of gibberish inside that says stuff like this:

:"Add Autopilot","addAfterDelivery":"$5,300 if added after delivery","addAfterDeliveryBase":"$4,000 if added after delivery","addAfterDeliveryFsd":"$10,600 if added after delivery","addBaseAutoPilot":"Yes, add Autopilot ($0). Your pricing will be updated. I acknowledge I will not be able to make any further changes to my vehicle.","addEnhancedAutoPilot":"Add enhanced autopilot","addFullSelfDriving":"Yes, add Full Self-Driving ($10,600). Your pricing will be updated. I acknowledge I will not be able to make any further changes to my vehicle.","addFullSelfDrivingCTA"

Does anyone know what that means? I have no idea what the $5300 and $4000 stands for. Right now I can only add FSD for $10600 (CAD).

I know Tesla isnt a "hey we didnt give you a radar but here's an umbrella for ya" company - but for those who placed an order before May (or the release of the no-radar order page) - we did agree to buy a car with a radar and now there isnt one. I am just looking at things as a whole, like earlier orders not getting VIN, the gibberish in the source code, legal risks (minimal and I am sure they do not care), and giving myself shitty excuses for the delay - there isnt much else I can do except for being delusional and patient.
That's why they give you the choice to decline the change (and not get a new car). You didn't pay for "radar", you paid for intelligent follow/cruise/autopilot systems - If the new system does everything the old system does it doesn't matter how.

You're making the decision to purchase this car along with everything we know - If you're not satisfied with the car, how Tesla is doing things, etc... you have the right to not purchase the car.

Does anyone think that with the removal of radar we might get more range? I'm spitballing but if that's one less thing taking up juice and AP already had cameras, it can run more efficient? Plus the reduced weight of the sensor itself?
My guess is yes because of the weight saving the the use of less electronics, but then it probably will be immaterial because the car isnt that much lighter and using that much less electricity.